What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Seems majority of our games at Kogarah next year will be early in the season. NRL struggling to release the draw due to scheduling impacts of the women's soccer world cup.
Ive signed for the 6 games at Kogarah package- they better not take games elsewhere or ill be asking for my money back. I go to Kogarah and Anzac Day-thats it. If any games are moved elsewhere then i wont be going there. Remember when we had years of home games at the Cricket Ground and the SFS. Kogarah is where we play!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ive signed for the 6 games at Kogarah package- they better not take games elsewhere or ill be asking for my money back. I go to Kogarah and Anzac Day-thats it. If any games are moved elsewhere then i wont be going there. Remember when we had years of home games at the Cricket Ground and the SFS. Kogarah is where we play!!
The RGRV debacle still stings. Talk about undermining supporter confidence for years to come. Home game attendances have suffered ever since. Someone warned them... they didn't listen.

troybags

Juniors
It would be hard to contain most teenagers offered a deal with an NRL club before their 18th birthday.

But Savelio Tamale still has a HSC exam on Thursday to compete and starts pre-season training with the St George Dragons just four days later.

“I’m not going to schoolies or anything,’’ said the teen talent “I won’t be able to do too much because we have pre-season starting on Monday.’’

Rugby league may have lost the recent battle for the muti-talented Max Jorgensen, son of former Wallaby and NRL gun Peter, but they have snared another rising schoolboy star in Tamale who has been turning heads in various rugby tournaments this season, including for the NSW Waratahs Gen Blue U18 squad.

But the youngster, a student at St Paul’s Catholic College and courted by numerous clubs, has opted to become a future Dragon.

The big, strong and speedy teenager is signing on to play Jersey Flegg in 2023 and then be in the Dragons top 30 in 2024.

The young talent, who doesn’t turn 18 until next month, has also played Rugby Sevens and said his time in union has helped his league skills.

“I feel like union has really helped passing skills and, made me a better player,’’ he said.

“It’s helped me a lot.

“I feel like this offer was too good to refuse. I didn't want to miss out. I've always wanted to be a footy player.’’

Tamale said his immediate goal is to meet and bond with new teammates at the famous St George Illawarra club which reportedly fended off approaches by Manly and the Sydney Roosters for Tamale.

His longer term aim is to prove himself in rugby league by pushing for a spot in the NSW Blues U19 State of Origin team in 2023.

“That’s the dream, that’s what I’ll work towards,’’ said Tamale, who has been playing rugby with the Warringah Rats on the northern beaches and league and union for years with junior clubs including the Cromer Kingfishers and Narrabeen Tigers.

Parko1310

Juniors
It would be hard to contain most teenagers offered a deal with an NRL club before their 18th birthday.

But Savelio Tamale still has a HSC exam on Thursday to compete and starts pre-season training with the St George Dragons just four days later.

“I’m not going to schoolies or anything,’’ said the teen talent “I won’t be able to do too much because we have pre-season starting on Monday.’’

Rugby league may have lost the recent battle for the muti-talented Max Jorgensen, son of former Wallaby and NRL gun Peter, but they have snared another rising schoolboy star in Tamale who has been turning heads in various rugby tournaments this season, including for the NSW Waratahs Gen Blue U18 squad.

But the youngster, a student at St Paul’s Catholic College and courted by numerous clubs, has opted to become a future Dragon.

The big, strong and speedy teenager is signing on to play Jersey Flegg in 2023 and then be in the Dragons top 30 in 2024.

The young talent, who doesn’t turn 18 until next month, has also played Rugby Sevens and said his time in union has helped his league skills.

“I feel like union has really helped passing skills and, made me a better player,’’ he said.

“It’s helped me a lot.

“I feel like this offer was too good to refuse. I didn't want to miss out. I've always wanted to be a footy player.’’

Tamale said his immediate goal is to meet and bond with new teammates at the famous St George Illawarra club which reportedly fended off approaches by Manly and the Sydney Roosters for Tamale.

His longer term aim is to prove himself in rugby league by pushing for a spot in the NSW Blues U19 State of Origin team in 2023.

“That’s the dream, that’s what I’ll work towards,’’ said Tamale, who has been playing rugby with the Warringah Rats on the northern beaches and league and union for years with junior clubs including the Cromer Kingfishers and Narrabeen Tigers.
Cheers. Sounds really exciting if he's playing Flegg right when he turns 18.

denis preston

First Grade
How did Manly miss out on him ? Was our ‘ too good to refuse ‘ offer paying overs ? are we bound to include him in the 2024 top 30 irrespective of how he is playing? Happy that we signed him but it seems a change in our recruitment strategy in promising players top 30 gigs. Very interesting.

Gareth67

First Grade

“It’s helped me a lot.

This young man has ability in spades , may the Dragons have the right mentors and coaching structure in place to bring out his full potential .

Also to ensure that he is secured to a long term contract at the appropriate time .

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
How did Manly miss out on him ? Was our ‘ too good to refuse ‘ offer paying overs ? are we bound to include him in the 2024 top 30 irrespective of how he is playing? Happy that we signed him but it seems a change in our recruitment strategy in promising players top 30 gigs. Very interesting.
Was thinking about this we supposedly beat out manly & rorters to sign him up, i think Wollongong University played a part in it coming from Union these guys always seemed to be well educated, i think he may do some sort of degree and play footy and since we train and utilise Wollongong Uni the commute would be minimal compared to the other clubs..

Parko1310

Juniors
Knights shopping Frizell around for 2023. He's definitely past his best, but with them paying a majority of his 2023 salary, and with us in desperate need of a capable second-rower for 2023 I'd consider a one-year deal to bring him back. Him and Lomax might have some issues to sort out if that happened though...

redv13

Bench
Knights shopping Frizell around for 2023. He's definitely past his best, but with them paying a majority of his 2023 salary, and with us in desperate need of a capable second-rower for 2023 I'd consider a one-year deal to bring him back. Him and Lomax might have some issues to sort out if that happened though...
He’s 31. Sign him for 2 years especially if Newwy is paying some freight. The bloke busted his guts for the red v every game.

BLM01

First Grade
He’s 31. Sign him for 2 years especially if Newwy is paying some freight. The bloke busted his guts for the red v every game.
I would normally agree with you but his injury list had grown in recent years snd I think that is why he did not go to higher peaks at Newy than us… apart from the way the whole team played
But for a fair reduced price than his current and our recent contract I will hand him a new contract to sign myself for us

Parko1310

Juniors
They wouldn't be paying any freight in 2024 as he's off contract end of 2023. I'd be trying to get someone a bit younger with more upside for 2024, but perhaps they could try to instil a club option in the contract for 2024 that depends on whether they can sign a better second rower for 2024, or on Friz's performances. I think he's definitely a good option for 2023 in any case

redv13

Bench
They wouldn't be paying any freight in 2024 as he's off contract end of 2023. I'd be trying to get someone a bit younger with more upside for 2024, but perhaps they could try to instil a club option in the contract for 2024 that depends on whether they can sign a better second rower for 2024, or on Friz's performances. I think he's definitely a good option for 2023 in any case
Su’a and Frizz on the edges for 2023. Love that!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
For the Knights not to want to keep Friz I would assume he may have some injury concerns. He would be great to have back and is a true leader with great discipline however I would not be throwing the kitchen sink at him. If Newcastle pay most of his salary for 2023 and Saints pay a small amount for 2024 then he is definitely worth a go. Maybe get him and Klemmer seeing they are both great mates.

Gippsy

Bench
For the Knights not to want to keep Friz I would assume he may have some injury concerns. He would be great to have back and is a true leader with great discipline however I would not be throwing the kitchen sink at him. If Newcastle pay most of his salary for 2023 and Saints pay a small amount for 2024 then he is definitely worth a go. Maybe get him and Klemmer seeing they are both great mates.
Yep, they would certainly be an improvement on what we've got.

Latest posts