What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Didn't realise jack bird is 96 kgs and Cameron Murray is 90 kgs so I guess these days the mobile smaller forwards are better suited I can see the future is looking better and better once BUD is in first grade watch things start to happen

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Didn't realise jack bird is 96 kgs and Cameron Murray is 90 kgs so I guess these days the mobile smaller forwards are better suited I can see the future is looking better and better once BUD is in first grade watch things start to happen
Add one special fullback and then things are humming

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
After reading the Chammas article in Friday's SMH I am coming to live with the Dufty decision after being totally opposed to it. He has been such an attacking weapon these last 2 seasons and this year I believe he has got better in taking bombs and has made some good tackles. However the bloopers ingoal have been very disappointing as has his lack of urgency in defending the goal line. And he still remains likely to allow a bomb to bounce which is usually unforgivable.

In terms of why play him at fullback for the rest of the season he is the best option at this stage. If we believe Griffin that he will be replaced from within the obvious candidates are Ramsey and Sloan both of whom have only played a small number of games in senior footy, whether NRL or NSW Cup. They have the chance over the next twelve rounds to develop their skills further to be better prepared for next season after another full preseason of weights and skills development.
I think the reason they will persist with Dufty is that as of right now he’s better than Ramsey, and we are still in the 8. Ramsey’s main issue is that he is still getting used to the physicality of NRL, even Rava struggled and he’s built like a tank. I feel playing him on the wing will achieve this followed by a good off season. At training I’m sure he’s doing bits and pieces at fullback and things like taking highballs, especially in light of a few drops he will get plenty of practice from the wing as teams will target him. To be honest it may even be better practice as at fullback he may have forwards or halves leading the kick chase but on the wing he’ll be contending with wingers who are usually some of the tallest, fastest and most athletic players in the team.

TruSaint

Referee
After reading the Chammas article in Friday's SMH I am coming to live with the Dufty decision after being totally opposed to it. He has been such an attacking weapon these last 2 seasons and this year I believe he has got better in taking bombs and has made some good tackles. However the bloopers ingoal have been very disappointing as has his lack of urgency in defending the goal line. And he still remains likely to allow a bomb to bounce which is usually unforgivable.

In terms of why play him at fullback for the rest of the season he is the best option at this stage. If we believe Griffin that he will be replaced from within the obvious candidates are Ramsey and Sloan both of whom have only played a small number of games in senior footy, whether NRL or NSW Cup. They have the chance over the next twelve rounds to develop their skills further to be better prepared for next season after another full preseason of weights and skills development.

Griffin is also on a small contract.

He would be wise to use his best fullback, and stay in the hunt for a bottom 8 spot. At this stage, Dufty is well ahead of anyone in our squad, even allowing for the article you mention.

He's on the books, so use his talent.

George Sancti

Juniors
I agree OD there is definitely a place for the smaller, more mobile forwards these days. However, the balance needs to be right, with a couple of large framed props to attract defenders and muscle up when needed.

The calm one

Juniors
Corey NormAn has been told he is not needed in 2022 per Fox League
I am back from the forest. It was great to catch up with Owen. He is looking so well, full of winter feathers, happy and healthy.
We were sitting under his favourite tree staring at the moon. Own was having a dead lizard and I was enjoying a tomato plant. All of a sudden a rabbit ran past us when Owen said to me
"Calm One can I speak"
I said to him, "It will be a pleasure to hear your words of wisdom my featured friend"
Owen said, "Calm One, rabbits are funny things, very good at breeding, always multiplying. Actually there are to many of them over Redfern way, so a couple of the will be hopping over to the Dragons"
Stay calm.

Gareth67

First Grade
I am back from the forest. It was great to catch up with Owen. He is looking so well, full of winter feathers, happy and healthy.
We were sitting under his favourite tree staring at the moon. Own was having a dead lizard and I was enjoying a tomato plant. All of a sudden a rabbit ran past us when Owen said to me
"Calm One can I speak"
I said to him, "It will be a pleasure to hear your words of wisdom my featured friend"
Owen said, "Calm One, rabbits are funny things, very good at breeding, always multiplying. Actually there are to many of them over Redfern way, so a couple of the will be hopping over to the Dragons"
Stay calm.

You want to make damn well sure that what Owen saw were wabbits and not mice master , otherwise you could be in for a lot of trouble . 🐭

"Calm One can I speak"
Stay calm.
Do you smoke dope?

blacksafake

First Grade
"Calm One can I speak"
Stay calm.
Sounds like a scene from Cheech & Chong 😁

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I think you have to look at playing Amone or Bird now at 6 with Norman onto the bench utility role. That display yesterday against a team languishing at the bottom of the table with one win was pathetic, and really shows why Norman and Dufty wont be missed in 2022

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think you have to look at playing Amone or Bird now at 6 with Norman onto the bench utility role. That display yesterday against a team languishing at the bottom of the table with one win was pathetic, and really shows why Norman and Dufty wont be missed in 2022
I actually think he played pretty well yesterday. It was good to see him fire some long ball out to Ramsey to put in a bit of space to grab us some good metres. Question is where has this been his whole tenure here? It’s just a matter of too little too late. It’s a real shame Sullivan is out, I believe he’s ready mentally at least.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Tesse Nui is off contract this year
Vertically challenged at only 177cms but solid (90Kgs)_ also reports I've read say he's a good defender. Still think SGI should have pursued Hynes but Niu may be the next best option. Heaps of potential and certainly better value for us than Milford.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Vertically challenged at only 177cms but solid (90Kgs)_ also reports I've read say he's a good defender. Still think SGI should have pursued Hynes but Niu may be the next best option. Heaps of potential and certainly better value for us than Milford.
I’d easily take him at left centre. He can fill in at fullback if Ramsey doesn’t work out. Maybe if we move Lomax to fullback he can replace him at right centre. He’s definitely worth a shot he has plenty of X factor.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

I WONDER if we are considering in Gareth as a $400k pa 5/8 Fullback ? ie a snr smart player that can play either position if our young guys need a little more time next season or get injured?

ie $800k pa Norman gone and $350k pa Dufty gone and then have Ramsey, Sullivan, Amone, Sloane and Widdop? Plenty of depth and some can play wing anyway