What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

mickeylane

Bench
There's a Fox story linking us to signing rumours about Tevita Pangai Jnr.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...uHHA3Qn_BmT9sifAL6DTlfW1ikH2lJq4XnqbKBITPwepw

I think Pangai has a lot to offer. He's being used poorly by Walters who has the guy playing 80 minutes as a 2nd rower when his best performances have been at prop for around 50 minutes in two stints. He started the year at prop and put in some great performances, big metres and solid defence but Kevvie ignored that and shifted him to big minutes in the back row. Kevvie is as useless as Mary. At the right price he'd be a very good acquisition. 117 kg prop, just 25 yrs old coming into his prime. Get it done Dragons.
Hook the tight arse is seeing if he can land him for $100K this year then another $250K next year and then real value 2023..all up no more than $300K per season average over 2.5 years...good business if you ask me ..

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
we would have to move out a player i think to bring in a $550k plus type forward?

I think we should if the price and player is right

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
we would have to move out a player i think to bring in a $550k plus type forward?

I think we should if the price and player is right
I would assume the bulk of his contract this year would have already been paid by the broncos, so not incurring full charge to this years cap, I think the negotiation would be around how much of 2022 salary Broncos would offset

qld redvee

Juniors
Hook the tight arse is seeing if he can land him for $100K this year then another $250K next year and then real value 2023..all up no more than $300K per season average over 2.5 years...good business if you ask me ..
I like the way hook is recruiting - he is not prepared to pay overs and screw the cap. He seems to have a price to go to and then walk away isnt that why we didnt get ofengaue ? For too long we have paid overs for players that our predecessor had to have and they werent exactly top shelf , so Im happy the way hook is going

Dragsters

First Grade
I like the way hook is recruiting - he is not prepared to pay overs and screw the cap. He seems to have a price to go to and then walk away isnt that why we didnt get ofengaue ? For too long we have paid overs for players that our predecessor had to have and they werent exactly top shelf , so Im happy the way hook is going

Agreed, but I'd like to think we didn't get Joe O because he's a cat...

mickeylane

Bench
looks like Paul Vaughan being shifted next season...reported by Brent Read today..making some sense w the below cattle on board
Molo
Lawrie
Kerr
Mcguire
plus one more signing

dungay dragon

Juniors
looks like Paul Vaughan being shifted next season...reported by Brent Read today..making some sense w the below cattle on board
Molo
Lawrie
Kerr
Mcguire
plus one more signing
on overall form Lawrie has performed better than Vaughan for the majority of this season. PV has felt Safe and in Cruise Mode the past few seasons with little pressure on him to be replaced.Noticed Hook has started him from the bench a few times this year perhaps trying to get him more motivated.
With the pressure well and truly on him now , im hoping we see a really fired up PV to cement his place in the 2022 squad esp with the new cavalry arriving..

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Molo
Lawrie
Kerr
Mcguire
plus one more signing
TPJ
Molo
Lawrie
Kerr
Mcguire
plus one more signing
Do you have a link? I can’t find anything about it.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Molo
Lawrie
Kerr
Mcguire
plus one more signing

Interesting if so, and some chatter on JA also about it. Seems we will release him only if we sign Pangai and apparently we are still in for GB.

I thought Vaughan had a player option for 2022, so that's real development if comes to fact.

Just on Vaughan, I think his form this year and last year, has been down a lot on previous years, and at 30, he has already peaked imo