What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Como Connection

First Grade
Agree
As Ive mentioned previously Dufty should have seeked slaters input if he was serious to improve and be the best he could have been . The club should make an effort to pay slater a consultant fee to help . Now in retirement he is a free mercenary agent to offer services all over the place if he wants. Money always talks . If not interested get Mick Potter , he wouldnt be expensive if he is not tied to a club
Potter with the Bulldogs so problem solved.
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
What about the Dog’s Lachlan Lewis ? Apparently the Dogs will not be offering him another contract and will be leaving at seasons end unless Barrett has second thoughts .

Imo he is quite a skillful player and in fact I am very surprised that they intend to let him go . This decision could come back and bite the Dogs on the ass one day .

Thoughts gentlemen . . .

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
What about the Dog’s Lachlan Lewis ? Apparently the Dogs will not be offering him another contract and will be leaving at seasons end unless Barrett has second thoughts .

Imo he is quite a skillful player and in fact I am very surprised that they intend to let him go . This decision could come back and bite the Dogs on the ass one day .

Thoughts gentlemen . . .
Excellent defender-could be a good replacement for McInnes?

mickeylane

Bench

Thoughts gentlemen . . .
f**k no... Lewis is useless except for his kicking game..
worry about Lomax as I think he could be going towards the exit w this whole not signing his stat dec...i really think its that dramatic.. if it happens quickly enough and he does ask for a release we could go for Gagai at least.. https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/12/dragons-duo-set-to-stay-outside-relocated-team-bubble/

BLM01

First Grade
f**k no... Lewis is useless except for his kicking game..
worry about Lomax as I think he could be going towards the exit w this whole not signing his stat dec...i really think its that dramatic.. if it happens quickly enough and he does ask for a release we could go for Gagai at least.. https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/12/dragons-duo-set-to-stay-outside-relocated-team-bubble/
Disagree on 2 counts
1. Lomax won’t be leaving.. people putting this ldoc as a reason + his partner moving to the Chooks to play NRLW and coming up with he must be wanting out las ridiculous
2. Lewis us a good defender and better than Norman. He is not fast and he has been guilty of a brain snap or 2 in attack because of trying too hard
I like his effort and involvement and just like some others at our club just needs decent coaching
Having said that he’s probably no better than our potential future players anyway

kit66

Bench

Thoughts gentlemen . . .

We need Lewis like we need a BBQ at Tariq's house.
Lewis is useless, the Dogs have won just 3 of their last 16 games with him in the halves. His only asset is a strong kicking game. He makes bad reads in attack all the time and has zero running game. I also hate the way he holds players down in the tackle at every opportunity. I'd rather keep Norman than sign this guy and anyway I want the young guns to get a run, not buy in another below average half.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I actually think Lewis could be a good 9, or bench utility rotation. Not sure if he has played there previously: As we say he defends and kicks well, and not too expensive. I would still prefer having a go at getting Cade Cust out of the Eagles or Connor Watson from Knights. McCullogh is a great defender but doesn’t threaten from dummy half in attack.

kit66

Bench
I actually think Lewis could be a good 9, or bench utility rotation. Not sure if he has played there previously: As we say he defends and kicks well, and not too expensive. I would still prefer having a go at getting Cade Cust out of the Eagles or Connor Watson from Knights. McCullogh is a great defender but doesn’t threaten from dummy half in attack.

I reckon Josh Schuster would make a great modern No9, skillful, great ball runner and great vision and he's a very solid defender. He's currently a backrower who's touted as a future half but Des should use his talents at 9.

BLM01

First Grade
We need Lewis like we need a BBQ at Tariq's house.
Lewis is useless, the Dogs have won just 3 of their last 16 games with him in the halves. His only asset is a strong kicking game. He makes bad reads in attack all the time and has zero running game. I also hate the way he holds players down in the tackle at every opportunity. I'd rather keep Norman than sign this guy and anyway I want the young guns to get a run, not buy in another below average half.
Cant go with you on that one Kit
How many games in the last 16 have the Dogs won without him

Last edited:

dragon thomo

Juniors
I don't mind Lewis as a player. He needs to be give time to mature in first grade. He plays good games and as soon as he does something wrong he got dropped.
He has ticker good defence and kicking game.
Would be worth a go on a cheap deal.

blacksafake

First Grade
I don't mind Lewis as a player. He needs to be give time to mature in first grade. He plays good games and as soon as he does something wrong he got dropped.
He has ticker good defence and kicking game.
Would be worth a go on a cheap deal.

Thoughts gentlemen . . .
For some reason I can’t stand him. Don’t know what it is but judging by the reactions he gets from the opposition I’m not alone.

carltonsouth79

First Grade

Thoughts gentlemen . . .
I really like Lewis. When they have played us he has been a real handful. Big kicking game, good defender and us creative. Maybe though we have enough promising halves in Sullivan and Amone

Gareth67

First Grade
Well the feedback on Lewis has been 50 / 50 at this point. I must confess that I have not watched too many Bulldogs matches , perhaps he was in good form on those days - oddly they were the games against the Dragons . I don’t know if there is a message there or not ?

But thank you gentlemen for your opinions - best leave this for Mr. Griffin to consider , if he is interested .

Latest posts