What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I think everyone needs to get a grip fella's. Mickeylane and I are not "death riding" Zac, far from it. We want him to become the best centre in the NRL. But we wish he'd hurry up and get there. All we are saying is that in our humble opinion he has not made the strides forward we had hoped for at this stage. That's all.

Here's an interesting little test that I have done recently. My two best mates support Manly and the Tigers. I asked them recently what they thought of Zac Lomax. They shrugged their shoulders and said "I suppose he's OK, but nothing special". And again before the conspiracy theorist on the Forum start wetting their pants, two mates of mine opinions don't count for much. I get it. But know this, opposite teams aren't trembling at the thought of facing him. Let's hope that in 2022 and beyond they start too!

Maddragon99

Juniors
Lomax is an absolute weapon, hope he stays. Worth every cent. He’s had a bad year with injury, it happens.
Gasnier had his issues with injury early on his career. Zac is young his best footy is ahead of him. Either Tom or Latrell are bound to be injured next year & Zac will play Origin.

BLM01

First Grade
I think everyone needs to get a grip fella's. Mickeylane and I are not "death riding" Zac, far from it. We want him to become the best centre in the NRL. But we wish he'd hurry up and get there. All we are saying is that in our humble opinion he has not made the strides forward we had hoped for at this stage. That's all.

Here's an interesting little test that I have done recently. My two best mates support Manly and the Tigers. I asked them recently what they thought of Zac Lomax. They shrugged their shoulders and said "I suppose he's OK, but nothing special". And again before the conspiracy theorist on the Forum start wetting their pants, two mates of mine opinions don't count for much. I get it. But know this, opposite teams aren't trembling at the thought of facing him. Let's hope that in 2022 and beyond they start too!
I think if you read @mickeylane posts.
He has been death riding him and Zac has done his dash

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I think if you read @mickeylane posts.
He has been death riding him and Zac has done his dash
Well I'm not death riding him mate. I want him to be great. But on this forum if you voice a contrary opinion fellow Members can get rabid. I am sorry to all of those that I have offended, but I don't overly rate Zac Lomax and no amount of different opinions are going to sway mine at this stage.
Gasnier had his issues with injury early on his career. Zac is young his best footy is ahead of him. Either Tom or Latrell are bound to be injured next year & Zac will play Origin.
If that's the case, NSW are in deep shit!

Actually this brings to light another issue, where are all the good centers in the NRL? Maybe its just a phase of the game but NSW had 2 x fullbacks playing center (admittedly they are both weapons, but not absolute weapons) and QLD had Gagai a club winger and Capewell a club backrower playing centers. Young Best from The Knights looks OK, and Staggs was looking likely before injury hit. Graham from the Rabbits is decent enough, but no-one screaming out "pick me".

BLM01

First Grade
Well I'm not death riding him mate. I want him to be great. But on this forum if you voice a contrary opinion fellow Members can get rabid. I am sorry to all of those that I have offended, but I don't overly rate Zac Lomax and no amount of different opinions are going to sway mine at this stage.

Actually this brings to light another issue, where are all the good centers in the NRL? Maybe its just a phase of the game but NSW had 2 x fullbacks playing center (admittedly they are both weapons, but not absolute weapons) and QLD had Gagai a club winger and Capewell a club backrower playing centers. Young Best from The Knights looks OK, and Staggs was looking likely before injury hit. Graham from the Rabbits is decent enough, but no-one screaming out "pick me".
No one said you were and no one's rabid or offended.
What would make you think that?..
It is called debating

RedVDave

First Grade
I've noticed some people are blowing up deluxe that we haven't thrown huge money at or signed a marquee player as of yet.

I think people need to relax take the Bulldogs for example they threw tons of cash at Woods, Foran, Williams only to find themselves in a huge hole. Fast forward a few years and the dumb merkins have done the same thing this time all on outside backs Addo-Carr, Allen, Flannigan & Cotrich there's probably close to $2mill there on backs.

We have plenty of great young players coming through Amone, Cotric, Sullivan, Fegai x 2 & Sloan these guys could potentially demand big dollars and upgrades shortly it's best to invest in the future.

Griffin is proven to provide great pathways for juniors (something we haven't had since the Brown/Bennett years) trust the process.

Last edited:

Puff

First Grade
Youngster and Potential are the great unknown. The time invested to the end product payoff sometimes doesn't balance. In fact, the ratio is so low, sometimes its considered a waste of time, Unless you introduce transfer fees, and then it may become worth it.

In our sport the only pay off is a salary reduction for that position due to the youngster being paid less. However, that benefit doesn't last long, because if he is truly special you can bet he will leave on compassionate grounds, for triple the money in the next season, irrespective of contract length.

This part of NRL is absolutely broken, and there is next to no benefit in developing talent. Particularly if you are a bottom feeder.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Youngster and Potential are the great unknown. The time invested to the end product payoff sometimes doesn't balance. In fact, the ratio is so low, sometimes its considered a waste of time, Unless you introduce transfer fees, and then it may become worth it.

In our sport the only pay off is a salary reduction for that position due to the youngster being paid less. However, that benefit doesn't last long, because if he is truly special you can bet he will leave on compassionate grounds, for triple the money in the next season, irrespective of contract length.

This part of NRL is absolutely broken, and there is next to no benefit in developing talent. Particularly if you are a bottom feeder.
Agree, it is broken and developmental clubs should be rewarded or at least somewhat protected in growing and developing. The spotlight was heavily focused on Easts during the Super League war due to their lack in this area, yet, now seems a forgotten issue and just been ‘pushed under the carpet’. This has to be addressed as it’s one of the primary reasons and motivations for the joint venture in the first place. Personally, love seeing the locals perform in first grade, but have to get the balance right…

dungay dragon

Juniors
exactly , spot o

Thinking Bradman Best from the knights , if he stays healthy , will be in heavy contention for the Blues .
Lomax is a gun goal kicker and that helps him greatly in selection debates

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors

Suits the roters and some others just fine

Crush

Coach
Woods, the guy that Fitzgibbon said not in his plans for next year even on minimum wage. Dragons will talk to him though 🙄

ChocOConnor

Juniors
We won’t be signing plodder Woods. We haven’t even spoken or discussed anything with him or his manager. Media beat up trying to help the useless plodder getting a deal for one of their Favourite. My young nephews coach was woods coach in juniors and has no idea how he played to any form of rep footy. I remember he said to my 10 year old nephew that he would back him rather than woods to have a bigger heart.