What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Off track I realize , however I thought that I would sneak this one in - Sharks Will Chambers apparently is getting under the skin of his teammates with his trash - talk to opponents .

I wonder if he is the type of player that Fitzgibbons would truly wish to have in his team ? The mouth could very well find himself looking for a new home if he doesn’t shut his big gob .
Sharks already having second thoughts about retaining him

denis preston

First Grade
Part of not being a fool is realising you can't keep them all- He couldn't promise both Pap and Hynes a starting full-back position and neither would have been happy being a bench warmer.
Ironically, Hynes' goalkicking has developed to the point where, with his utility skills, he is arguably a more valuable player than Pap- could this prove to be a decision Bellamy regrets? Only time will tell.
Only since Paps head knock. It really stuffed up his confidence and as a small bodied player perhaps confidence damaged for the rest of his career ?

Dragon David

First Grade
Only since Paps head knock. It really stuffed up his confidence and as a small bodied player perhaps confidence damaged for the rest of his career ?
Heads hitting other heads, shoulders, arms, hands, bodies, hips, thighs, knees, legs, bums even is occurring so much more lately and we are seeing lots of players coming off for HIAs. Some resume playing in the same game, some don't and some are off for weeks on end like Paps, Cordner and many others.

I agree that the total layoff time that Paps has spent to get over the concussion he suffered was also to help get his confidence back and how he is playing now you can see that he is a bit more tentative in attack and defence. Any more heavy knocks to his head will definitely shorten his career and maybe Bellamy would be regretting letting Hynes go.

When Paps was out, Hynes was "running" the show and laid on many try assists and scored a few as well. His goal kicking %age was up and still is, but now that Paps has come back, albeit off the bench, Hynes isn't doing the "same" sort of stuff as he was doing before. Maybe he is just doing what is only necessary now as he has already proved his point that he can play really good football but will keep his better bits in reserve when he joins the Sharks.

Paps's goal kicking has improved significantly this year and he will get back to his best form when his confidence comes back, subject to not getting hits to the head too much and hopefully no more.

slippery5

Juniors
Part of not being a fool is realising you can't keep them all- He couldn't promise both Pap and Hynes a starting full-back position and neither would have been happy being a bench warmer.
Ironically, Hynes' goalkicking has developed to the point where, with his utility skills, he is arguably a more valuable player than Pap- could this prove to be a decision Bellamy regrets? Only time will tell.
Papps game is built on speed & support play. Hynes's game is more like a Lockyer type of player. I know which one I would prefer long term.

Gareth67

First Grade
Oh my - I just had a horrible thought ! If the sharks decide to give him the silver bullet , you don’t think that we would go after him - do you ?

I realize that our mob are stupid , but surely they wouldn’t be that stupid , would they ? 🤔

Dragon David

First Grade
is this April fools? I've been off for a few days so not sure whats real or not in here...
Is there such a thing as August fools? We would surely not be chasing this big mouth. Too much trouble for what he brings to any team.

I hope you are feeling better Mickey. What is real is that these are rumours which should be taken with a grain of sand.

Trifili13

Juniors
Anyone seen the story in the Telegraph about the refs stuffing the Rooster's? It's behind a paywall. Love to see what one of their legends is complaining about and the statistics that evidently backs it up.

St Tangles

Bench
Anyone seen the story in the Telegraph about the refs stuffing the Rooster's? It's behind a paywall. Love to see what one of their legends is complaining about and the statistics that evidently backs it up.
They were on about in on NRL 360 how the Roosters are hard done by
How Crichton shouldn't of been cited let alone suspended

I promised myself I would watch it anymore but couldn't help myself

Uncle Nick knows how to get his stooges onside

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
They were on about in on NRL 360 how the Roosters are hard done by
How Crichton shouldn't of been cited let alone suspended

I promised myself I would watch it anymore but couldn't help myself

Uncle Nick knows how to get his stooges onside
Yes, we all feel really sorry for the poor, hard done by Roosters. Rest assured the NRL will get straight onto fixing the issue. I mean, that poor gentle giant JWH was charged the other week. An appeal against the charge soon fixed that travesty of justice. What was the MRC thinking? I mean, it's not like he plays for the Dragons or anything!

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes, we all feel really sorry for the poor, hard done by Roosters. Rest assured the NRL will get straight onto fixing the issue. I mean, that poor gentle giant JWH was charged the other week. An appeal against the charge soon fixed that travesty of justice. What was the MRC thinking? I mean, it's not like he plays for the Dragons or anything!
I've run out of tissues.

jak

Bench
Oh my - I just had a horrible thought ! If the sharks decide to give him the silver bullet , you don’t think that we would go after him - do you ?

I realize that our mob are stupid , but surely they wouldn’t be that stupid , would they ? 🤔
gareth would you please keep your thoughts to yourself, thanks in advance ol fella

Latest posts