What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
They were on about in on NRL 360 how the Roosters are hard done by
How Crichton shouldn't of been cited let alone suspended

I promised myself I would watch it anymore but couldn't help myself

Uncle Nick knows how to get his stooges onside
Well I have to say that I totally envy the Chooks and grudgingly admire their Management. Good for them if they run their operation professionally and with self interest. Shows what capable people in charge can get done.

Our bunch of dead heads on the BOD are too busy trying to work out "Who's on 1st? What's on 2nd". Idiots!

St Tangles

Bench
Well I have to say that I totally envy the Chooks and grudgingly admire their Management. Good for them if they run their operation professionally and with self interest. Shows what capable people in charge can get done.

Our bunch of dead heads on the BOD are too busy trying to work out "Who's on 1st? What's on 2nd". Idiots!
I also envy them and wish we had an Uncle Nick

TruSaint

Referee
They were on about in on NRL 360 how the Roosters are hard done by
How Crichton shouldn't of been cited let alone suspended

I promised myself I would watch it anymore but couldn't help myself

Uncle Nick knows how to get his stooges onside

Brilliant isnt it.
I posted a few days back that Robbos rant over the binning of JWH would result in some sweet decisions their way on the field.
Now add the Chooks power with the media, and they get massive headlines like having won only 29% of penalty counts etc.
They know how to work the system. Even succeeding, they will play the victim card.

Trifili13

Juniors
Although it might be an indisputable fact that the Rooster's have been on the wrong end of the penalty counts, it does not always tell the full story. As most commentators now say that the good teams are happy to give away penalties on the first tackle so they can set their defensive line. Rooster's trust their defence so would be happy to do that continuously.

Also where on the field and at what point of the game that you give or receive a penalty is crucial. I would be happy to lose a penalty count say 7-4 if my 4 were near the end of a set thus giving me basically a consecutive set and when the game is in the balance, as opposed to winning the penalty count but 4 of the penalties are in the last 10mins when I am losing by 20.

It's also just as important the penalties that are not given as the ones that are.

As they say, you have lies, damned lies and statistics.

And bottom line is that despite losing the penalty counts, the percieved bias against them by the refs if you listen to Ricktson, they have still won managed to win is it 3 comps in this period. Imagine how many it would be if they actually won a few more penalty counts.

St Tangles

Bench
Although it might be an indisputable fact that the Rooster's have been on the wrong end of the penalty counts, it does not always tell the full story. As most commentators now say that the good teams are happy to give away penalties on the first tackle so they can set their defensive line. Rooster's trust their defence so would be happy to do that continuously.

Also where on the field and at what point of the game that you give or receive a penalty is crucial. I would be happy to lose a penalty count say 7-4 if my 4 were near the end of a set thus giving me basically a consecutive set and when the game is in the balance, as opposed to winning the penalty count but 4 of the penalties are in the last 10mins when I am losing by 20.

It's also just as important the penalties that are not given as the ones that are.

As they say, you have lies, damned lies and statistics.

And bottom line is that despite losing the penalty counts, the percieved bias against them by the refs if you listen to Ricktson, they have still won managed to win is it 3 comps in this period. Imagine how many it would be if they actually won a few more penalty counts.
Spot on

We were 2nd on the list for penalties for

How many of these were when we got 4 or 5 on the trot after the game was already lost

50 / 50 calls make just as big a difference in the game

I've always said it's not the penalty count that matters is when they are given or not given

St Tangles

Bench
Brilliant isnt it.
I posted a few days back that Robbos rant over the binning of JWH would result in some sweet decisions their way on the field.
Now add the Chooks power with the media, and they get massive headlines like having won only 29% of penalty counts etc.
They know how to work the system. Even succeeding, they will play the victim card.

They definitely know how to play it

Wish we were smarter as an organisation

Dragsters

First Grade
They definitely know how to play it

Wish we were smarter as an organisation

Indeed.

Why did the the club not make a fuss about Rapanas knees to the head of Lawrie?

Particularly in light of DWZ being suspended for a knee to the head which was nowhere near as dangerous as Rapanas, considering Lawrie was also forced of for a HIA.

Piss poor imo...

Uncle scrooge, now ain't that right. Andy Gordon gets Tobe
Chairman....He knows nothing about football.But gets the JOB.....What do we
Get out of the Gordon's....I'll tell u what...SFA.....times up on the GORDONS...
I said from the start of their acquisition that they only viewed the club as a rich man’s toy.

The fall of their media “empire” means no investment from them in the foreseeable future.

If only someone better equipped to run the Cub would buy them out. It’s the only way we will improve.

Please note I am not advocating that St George Leagues Club buy out the Gordon’s. They should both sell.