What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

The Word

Juniors
We need continuity in the spine in 2022. Supposing the young blokes stay fit and injury free, what will Widdop do all year?
We have backup in Mybe, Bird, Sullivan who can fill in should injuries pile up.
Widdop would be a bizarre signing.
Agree. I don't think it would be a smart signing, and I don't think it will happen. I was just wondering why Dracarys thinks the fact that he's English should count against him.

jak

Bench
So young Gareth is back in town eh ? You never know with Griffo , he is starting to remind me of my missus whenever there is a sale on .

Her hand just keeps on going into her purse and buys , buys , buys whether she needs it or not , I think that Griffin May have the same nasty habit . 🤔
i can think of something she doesn't need.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Don't need another injury prone old bloke taking up a position. We'll be considered a nursing home soon enough with all these signings...
Yep- I was a big fan of Widdop's but any decision to bring him to the club would be based on the heart not the head-He'll be 33 by the time the season gets under way and that dodgy shoulder of his would keep our high performance/medical staff working overtime when they've already trying to manage Moga's knee, Bird's knee, Burgess's hip etc etc

Hard Yards

Juniors
the decision by Widdop to leave the RED V after just signing a lucrative long term extension as captain, forced the club to sign Norman, which we know failed miserably. We then learned that he was looking for a return to the NRL after only 1 season in England, the whole story is very bothersome to say the least. If there is any truth to his returning his best use would be to mentor the promising group of young playmakers coming into the top squad, any time on the field would have to be a matter of careful consideration by people paid to make those decisions.

Yep- I was a big fan of Widdop's but any decision to bring him to the club would be based on the heart not the head-He'll be 33 by the time the season gets under way and that dodgy shoulder of his would keep our high performance/medical staff working overtime when they've already trying to manage Moga's knee, Bird's knee, Burgess's hip etc etc
Knees, hips.
Don’t forget my stress levels simply from being a Dragons supporter.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
the decision by Widdop to leave the RED V after just signing a lucrative long term extension as captain, forced the club to sign Norman, which we know failed miserably. We then learned that he was looking for a return to the NRL after only 1 season in England, the whole story is very bothersome to say the least. If there is any truth to his returning his best use would be to mentor the promising group of young playmakers coming into the top squad, any time on the field would have to be a matter of careful consideration by people paid to make those decisions.
The signing the club needs to make is sullivan not widdop

possm

Coach
I can understand Hook not wanting to burn the youngsters out so early in their careers & managing them correctly is a priority but I can’t see the club signing Widdop.
Not sure he’d be happy playing reserves & wouldn’t the NRL have a minimum value on him? If so he wouldn’t be cheap.
Besides we have Mbye & Bird to fill in should Amone need a rest.
Mbye, Bird, or even AshTaylor would make more sense in solving this problem to me.

Bringing back Widdop is exactly what Mary would do.

BIG RIG

Juniors
The Bulldogs have beaten out the Cowboys and Dragons to sign Villiame Kikau on a 4 year deal

we have now missed out on Kikau and Niukore

we just can’t seem to land a big fish no matter how hard we try

I wonder if we had a crack at Papalii before he signed with the Tigers

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
The Bulldogs have beaten out the Cowboys and Dragons to sign Villiame Kikau on a 4 year deal

Good, let the flogs have him. The way they're going they'll have a pack that'll turn up to 1/3 games.

On another note see Luc wants 700k from the tigers? That's massive money for someone who can't tackle.

dungay dragon

Juniors

i dont think we try real hard BR
we just nibble , then we go after the crumbs

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Maybe Widdop is just there as a Dragons old boy, near to his family and helping out Amone and Sullivan readiness for first grade. I dont see other clubs jumping for his services, so players need options post their playing career. Also last years injury toll was shocking so having Widdop around the squad could help if an emergency is needed to be covered. Sowie and Widdop could help develop our future number 6 and 7 stars for 2023 and beyond.

Gareth67

First Grade

That mob must have money in their shat . The players which they have signed recently weren’t cheap , but top line quality players , perhaps they have mortgaged the clubhouse itself to be able to afford them ? 🤔

Latest posts