What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Como Connection

First Grade
Bg
The Pondarosa Pizza's were great. Bennelong front bar with big Jim out the front and pub drunk Rocky inside. Boin came from a very bad science teacher at St Ursula's to a millionaire chemist owner. The widening of King Georges rd took a decade but gave great parking which resulting in a spurge of restaurants opening up.
Big Vince used to stand out the front with all the other guys I drank with, Black Macka, Jimmy the Jew, Barry, Stoker, Brian the Butcher, Ronny Paul, Ian the barman, Bobby Grant the publican.
CC

Como Connection

First Grade
The St George Motor Boat Club was for the elite of the district and the plebs like us had to make do with the public park just alongside the club.

Watched plenty of boat races there and the local hero was a bloke called Allan Boucher who lived along the highway just North of the Seabreeze.
The big boats there were Apache (several of them), Hi Fi, FF Sure

The Civic Centre was my eldest brothers haunt so I gave that a miss but loved a beer at the Bennelong, game of kelly's and a bash on the Bally machines over at the pool hall and a hamburger at Jimmy's do you remember Sorrento's Pizza place on Forrest Road just up from the top pub, Jim Mitchell's sports store, the Coles cafeteria beside the arcade, the building of the "underground" railway station?
Sure do remember all of the above.
CC

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Worked behind the bar at the Bennalong in my younger years.A great meeting place for my uncles and cousins to have a beer and a chat.Sorry many beers.Fond memories for this Hurstville boy.

Drakon

Juniors
Was at that game. He could pot a goal Ken! They had our cash in close ones that year Newtown. Got us in the Willls Cup Final; beat us in this game at the SCG and beat us in the mid week replay after the semi- final draw. Jack Gibson coached them that year if I remember correctly…
I too was at that game - in the Brewongle Stand. I was 16 years old at the time and remember the meat pies and frozen icy poles that were like rocks as they had been cooled by dry ice.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There's a rumour doing the circuit that The Dribble Thread will replace the Rumours Thread simply because Dribble seems the only thing of importance to some people.
FFS if you want to talk Dribble call them on the phone.
That's a classic Saturday night post.

Como Connection

First Grade
Do u remember a local ,Mick Seymour used to have a sidekick named Bazza Cork?
I sure do remember Bazza, and the Cork Box, where is he now? Not sure about Mick.
They used to call me Dim Sim as I was always getting two next store to eat in the pub.
Meet my wife at St.George LC in 78 and she lived just around the corner in Edgebaston Road.
CC

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
I sure do remember Bazza, and the Cork Box, where is he now? Not sure about Mick.
They used to call me Dim Sim as I was always getting two next store to eat in the pub.
Meet my wife at St.George LC in 78 and she lived just around the corner in Edgebaston Road.
CC
Yeah Bazza past on long ago,
Fell over drunk, hit his head.
I lived in Edgbaston rd for a short time....1971...driving up past the motor registry,about 150yds .

TruSaint

Referee
and pay unders, not a guess

Yeah,

I did watch this video mate, and it pissed me off. The way they talk about the Chooks is the way players used to talk about wanting to join us.

I hate them, but they have the right mix. Players do want to go there. Maybe as Smith said, its because the corporate is so close to the footy dept, and they plan for life after footy.

Crush

Coach
Yeah,

I did watch this video mate, and it pissed me off. The way they talk about the Chooks is the way players used to talk about wanting to join us.

I hate them, but they have the right mix. Players do want to go there. Maybe as Smith said, its because the corporate is so close to the footy dept, and they plan for life after footy.
I’m glad Smith went to Chooks, he seems like a real grub, I hope he drags their club through the mud…

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah,

The Morris brothers have the same opinion of the Chooks as an organisation saying it's the best.

Smith WILL end up at the Roosters 100% and they will maintain being a force for umpteen years. They always get their man.

Latest posts