What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
What a fkg disaster. How can a club let it get to this. In the corporate world the BOD would need some good answers or have a plan or they would be gone. Without doubt. I thought I would never say this but if the club got relocated or folded I am at a level where I couldn’t care. That’s how
Much anger and hurt I have.
I'm right there with you.

It's the silence of the club that's the cherry on top. The board and CEO got us into this mess, they are happy to take from the fans but deliver nothing but disappointment.

Stop giving them your money people. Boycott. Make their position untenable and bring in new people, new owners and a new way forward.

possm

Coach
The Dragons will never do well while Craig Young is running the show. This power broker and his mate Peter Doust have always looked after their self-interst while doing very little to progress the plight of the Dragons.

The next deal is always the most important thing on their mind. Currently, the next deal is appointing Dean Young as head coach. A move like that will bring us back into the Mary era.

I say sack Griffin and appoint Flannagan while we can. At least we may retain players we want to keep and will get rid of the ones we do not want to keep.

It is a real shame that we have lost Su'A. Now we should be looking for two top props and two edge forwards. We don't want average forwards that no one else wants. We need quality e.g. Haas, Fifita,etc.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
sorry mate but it had to be said
Yes, it had to be said mate, and thank you again for snapping me out of my out-of-character non-excusable stupor, and again thank you for pointing out my sin. My mental pain and suffering over the last 12 years took the of my better choice of expression.

I have already asked my Mrs to administer 50 lashes (with "our" leather whip) of punishment (free of charge) to never ever make such a "brain dead" post ever again.

Thank you, Sir Jak. You should be "made" the head of the STI BOD and "whack" the current imposters currently in charge......one by one.

Yow

Juniors
Yow,
talking about this year ..
next year we dont know what cap is worth BUT more importantly we dont know how much is left - yes we save simms maguire possibly mcullough .. so say swap mcullough for a new hooker gives us say 900 thou ( depending on what maguire was on and if cows contributed )to buy 2 replacement forwards Id say we need at least 1.2 mil in order to replace with quality .. Of course if cap increases it does help us BUT we need to only pay overs to dare I say marquee not every player
No worries

dannyt

Coach
Yes, it had to be said mate, and thank you again for snapping me out of my out-of-character non-excusable stupor, and again thank you for pointing out my sin. My mental pain and suffering over the last 12 years took the of my better choice of expression.

I have already asked my Mrs to administer 50 lashes (with "our" leather whip) of punishment (free of charge) to never ever make such a "brain dead" post ever again.

Thank you, Sir Jak. You should be "made" the head of the STI BOD and "whack" the current imposters currently in charge......one by one.
The lashes seem reward, not punishment.

Qdf

Juniors
The Dragons will never do well while Craig Young is running the show. This power broker and his mate Peter Doust have always looked after their self-interst while doing very little to progress the plight of the Dragons.

The next deal is always the most important thing on their mind. Currently, the next deal is appointing Dean Young as head coach. A move like that will bring us back into the Mary era.

I say sack Griffin and appoint Flannagan while we can. At least we may retain players we want to keep and will get rid of the ones we do not want to keep.

It is a real shame that we have lost Su'A. Now we should be looking for two top props and two edge forwards. We don't want average forwards that no one else wants. We need quality e.g. Haas, Fifita,etc.
Yes totally agree, these two(DOUST & YOUNG)have put their interests ahead of the CLUB for at least the last
20yrs. Trying to avoid being sacked at any cost. Lies, deception,sonky deals, all to
escape the wrath of the members & fans.

Dragon David

First Grade
nothing will change
I suspect we are stuck with Hook for a year and plan is to bring in Deano

basically a shit show
Yes, I'm with you Mjab. Nothing will change insofar as our coach is concerned for next year. Hook has a deal for 2023. The Board signed him up at the start of this year so as to not stress over who will be the coach in 2023 - easy peasy is what they wanted it.

The Board will want to see how Hook goes with the new assistant coaches, one being Ben Woolf, for at least half a dozen games in the new season. If they combine well and get winning results, who knows, Hook might get another contract - wouldn't that be lovely? On the other hand, if we lose those 6 games, not only will we feel totally dejected, but it could very lead to the end of the Hook coaching manual which will disappear into the ether, I hope, making us feel elated.

My concern, besides whether or not the coaches will be any good, is who in hell will they get to bolster the team to enable the coaches to "achieve" positive results. They won't have success if the same guys run out with the exception of those few who are leaving.

We are masochistic followers of a club that don't deserve us.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Yes, I'm with you Mjab. Nothing will change insofar as our coach is concerned for next year. Hook has a deal for 2023. The Board signed him up at the start of this year so as to not stress over who will be the coach in 2023 - easy peasy is what they wanted it.

The Board will want to see how Hook goes with the new assistant coaches, one being Ben Woolf, for at least half a dozen games in the new season. If they combine well and get winning results, who knows, Hook might get another contract - wouldn't that be lovely? On the other hand, if we lose those 6 games, not only will we feel totally dejected, but the end of the Hook coaching manual will disappear into the ether, I hope, making us feel elated.

My concern, besides whether or not the coaches will be any good, is who in hell will they get to bolster the team to enable the coaches to "achieve" positive results. They won't have success if the same guys run out with the exception of those few who are leaving.

We are masochistic followers of a club that don't deserve us.
I'm still confused with this , They have Flanno in their system , if it was me I'd piss Hook off and if Hunt doesn't like it he can go too .... Appoint Flanno give him 2 years then re assess ..... Am I missing something, wouldn't this be the most obvious solution ? .......