What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Ok we lost Ngarima but all is not lost as we still have that other powerhouse prospect Corey Ackers. I'll be spitting chips if we let him go. He runs with similar gusto to Ngarima, has ball skills plus hits in the tackle like a sledge hammer. Still 17, one year in Ball Cup then hit Flegg Cup in '24.

Last edited:
My first option would be Kyle Flannagan mainly because the Dogs don't want him and if he did come over, his father might decide to coach the Saints. I think Kyle has the goods but lacks confidence, and I believe his father could rectify that.
Was thinking the very same thing. Flannos's boy may well be an ugly duckling and will finally blossom under his old man.

justadragon

Bench
Well whilst on Flanagan's watch, would love to know the reason that Ngarima left even though in a 4 year contract.
Hi Denis, from some info on his other thread, it appears the contract he was on was when he was 15, so now apparently the Bunnies made him a better offer, and yes I agree a big mistake letting this guy go unless his heart wasnt with the Dragons at all.

It also shows that he has learnt to tackle with great efficiency and determination so who ever taught him needs to be employed immediately.
Yes. Who has been his coach at HM Cup past three years. Unfortunately it was neither Ryan Carr or Ben Wolf our assistant coaches next year as they have never stepped foot on our soil before now.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
100%, he may have been barred or overlooked from coaching but that doesnt stop him from giving updates and plans in R+R. I saw him part of the management group with PNG, maybe he has his eye on some of them, then again how would we know !!!
Exactly justa. How would we know. The club needs to employ someone who can let people like us know what is going on at the club.

I wonder how my application is going?

Dragon David

First Grade
Ok we lost Ngarima but all is not lost as we still have that other powerhouse prospect Corey Ackers. I'll be spitting chips if we let him go. He runs with similar gusto to Ngarima, has ball skills plus hits in the tackle like a sledge hammer. Still 17, one year in Ball Cup then hit Flegg Cup in '24.
Yes, same here Baggers. Ackers is one kid that we need to develop and do it well and properly because he will be a wrecking ball in a few years time.

Gareth67

First Grade
Not a rumour but true,, the St.George media guy Jack Brady has resigned. For those interested the job is being advertised on Seek - Communications & Media Manager. The bar was set low, so go for it if interested.
Crikey ! The government will allow us pensioners to supplement our income by another $200 or so . I am in , if the job pays more then I will take the balance out in Crown Lagers . 🤩

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry D.D. But I will shoe the job in . Not only do I have a pretty face , but I know how to make excuses . ☺️
May the best man win LOL. In all seriousness though, I do hope that the next media/communications person (male of female) that the club appoints is not held back in bringing news to us fans about the goings on at the club.

If they are able to give us more info on a whole range of things about players (newbies, injuries, suspensions, futures etc), coaching news, club news and so on, every say month, that would be great. At the moment, there isn't too much coming to us at all.

Latest posts