What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
It doesn't look like Ben Creagh is going onto the SGI BOD with all guns blazing. "Everything is fine".

Yep, looks like he sees things in a more "positive" light like the rest of the members saying for instance about Hook -
“From the outside looking in, it seems he has a good relationship with the senior players at the club, a good connection.

“He’s got another year, another pre-season developing some of that younger talent at the Dragons and that can only be another good thing. I look forward to seeing how the team shapes up heading into trials and round one next year.”

From this all I can say is that Hook will be there for the full term next year irrespective on how they go. They signed him up and they are sticking to him. Nothing else to discuss. Business as usual. But I feel sure won't be there in 2024.

BLM01

First Grade
It doesn't look like Ben Creagh is going onto the SGI BOD with all guns blazing. "Everything is fine".

He has the brains and non ego to go and say what needs to be said behind closed doors
Besides he had not even put his feet under the table yet
You would not expect him to say anything Different publicly with a microphone thrown at him
Let’s wait snd see 🤔

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
He has the brains and non ego to go and say what needs to be said behind closed doors
You would not expect him to say anything Different publicly with a microphone thrown at him
Let’s wait snd see 🤔
I sure hope you are right! At least Ben and Florence are a bit younger and should be aware of the issues the club faces. A step in the right direction if nothing else. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

BLM01

First Grade
I sure hope you are right! At least Ben and Florence are a bit younger and should be aware of the issues the club faces. A step in the right direction if nothing else. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
What I know I am right about is they both don’t carry around huge egos as both approachable in public. Can’t say that about other board members I have met so let’s hope they don’t get pushed around by the jolly rest of them

twinkletoes

Juniors
What I know I am right about is they both don’t carry around huge egos as both approachable in public. Can’t say that about other board members I have met so let’s hope they don’t get pushed around by the jolly rest of them
Great blokes we all agree...but do they have the business, management, financial, networking and organisational skills required to get the place moving..I don't think so and that has been our problem for years.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Big fan of both of these chaps as players and I sincerely hope they turn out to be demanding board members. But having witnessed "celebrity" boards in my career, there is a tendency for the more commercial board members to ride roughshod.

Really hope that's not the case here as we hardly need to be solidifying the power of Billy Madison.

blacksafake

First Grade
Let’s wait snd see 🤔
Hope you're right.
His comments re no culture issues & Hook having a good relationship with senior players worries me though.

justadragon

Bench
We can only judge them on the coming months, I wouldnt expect him to say anything different at this stage and how they both shape up in the meetings is yet to be seen. Personally I think its a step in the right direction but lets not forget who has the final say on most issues, whilst the Gordons are owners there will always be dramas, much like Penn with Manly. Until we have someone like the Gladiator who can just stump up the cash be a passionate supporter and let the club be run by people that know how to run a footy club, we will never get anywhere no matter who you have on the BOD.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Hopefully thats the end of Craigs involvement with the Club.
Great player, but time to move on.
Now sack Hook and start the re-build.
Just the annual rotation of Chairman unfortunately. Still, with Ben Creagh and a new chairman maybe, just maybe, the Board will be energised to show some leadership and make the changes necessary to lift the club. Craig Young is still on the Board.

Latest posts