What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Well you piss Haran off & maybe give the job to Brownie?
You're talking my language here. Hasler as head coach and Brownie in recruitment would be the way for the Dragons to dig themselves out of this hole. Doust, Griffin and Haran should go sooner rather than later. I mean what do we gain by waiting until round 10? Our season will be over by then.

Also, I reckon Des will get Fifita and a few Manly players to join our squad for 2024.

Last edited:

DfL

Juniors
We need 29 players to start the season and believe we only had 26. Does any one know if any train and trial players got a spot or are they still looking?

kit66

Bench
Would the 28th be paul turner? Cause I know we had 25 without amone and Ramsey and now Amone looks to be coming back in if the stand down policy no longer applies. Really want to see Toby couchman in the 30

What about that kid that put in those huge kicks in the trial. Our kicking game has been really poor since C.Norman left (he wasn't good for much but he got us upfield like nobody's business with his boot). Amone, Bud and Liddle offer very little in the kicking dept. We should maybe give Lomax some of the last tackle (kicking out of trouble/ our half) kicking duties, every metre is precious.

DfL

Juniors
What about that kid that put in those huge kicks in the trial. Our kicking game has been really poor since C.Norman left (he wasn't good for much but he got us upfield like nobody's business with his boot). Amone, Bud and Liddle offer very little in the kicking dept. We should maybe give Lomax some of the last tackle (kicking out of trouble/ our half) kicking duties, every metre is precious.
Zach herring looked nice for sure and does have a good boot on him but I just think right now we need more forwards than anything. The metres we need mainly needs to come through our non existent forwards pack and our backs. Too many times we are not gaining metres because our forwards have no go forward and quick play the balls, plus we had a slow hooker that wouldn’t take advantage of quick play the balls if there ever was one. Wouldn’t hurt to have a big boot but I’d rather us fix the main problem rather than the secondary problem which is ultimately caused by the main. I feel we have an efficient kicker in hunt when we have some go forward as we usually see him kicking 40/20’s, 20/40’s to get us out our end.

Zach Herring

DfL

Juniors
Ramsey still counts I believe so we have 28 now after Paul Turner.
Looking at a young prop from Manly for this year according to Telegraph.
Do you have a link to the article, really interested to see who they are talking about

BringTheNoise

Juniors
just saw in zerotackle that Amone may be able to play:
Oh great, he may be available to play on a legal technicality. Not withstanding this is still a bloke who chased another bloke off with a hammer. Plus his father has prior form - significant red flags were clearly ignored throughout the engagement and development of this player. This type of behaviour just doesn’t pop up out of the blue.

If this club is fair dinkum about addressing the cultural issue in this club, they will sack Amone for breaching his contract (bringing the club into disrepute) and move on and start signing quality players, rather than turning a blind eye for the sake of filling a roster spot because the kid might be talented (although is largely yet to prove himself as a consistent first grader).

Latest posts