What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

The Word

Juniors
Frankly, I dont give a rat's arse what Hunt reckons. It's so transparently self-interested it gives me the shits. He's a great player but IMO throughout his career he's never looked like part of a 'team'. That's a major part of the on-field problem I reckon.

Aging Qlders will never do it for the Dragons. I know many will call this a load of BS but, I believe, there is a strong Dragons spirit. This is why our young guys are sooooo important. They are far more valuable, in the long term, than import 'marquee' players - because of what they have grown from.
I agree Mojo, the character and togetherness of our young players will be important if we are to improve as a club.

However don't discount Hunt's words too fast. For the club to have any chance of a strong start it's vital that there is cohesion and togetherness between the coach and the captain, and as he points out, if the team feels the coach does not have the backing of the Board then you don't stand a chance. They have to stay united in tough times, that's his message and it's an important one for him to come out with publicly. And whatever we think of them, we have to back them if we want to have a chance of making the finals. I think he's shown leadership at the right time.

since77

Juniors
For the 768th time....we did not let Robson go. He was off contract and entitled to look at other offers. He chose to accept the Cowboys offer because he saw a better opportunity to play 1st grade there due to Dragons having McInnes. His choice.
We may not have “let him go” but this is an early stark example of the brain dead development and recruitment strategy by the club that’s been on show for over a decade now. At the time McGregor couldn’t even get the guys name right let alone do the smart thing of showing him a clear path to first grade. Meanwhile the Sharks sign McInnes and play him in his best position - lock - after a disillusioned Robson signs for the Cowboys and kills it like most of us knew he would. To cap it off we sign Isaac Luke followed by McCullough………
Yes, they really are that hilariously incompetent.

Dragon David

First Grade
For the 768th time....we did not let Robson go. He was off contract and entitled to look at other offers. He chose to accept the Cowboys offer because he saw a better opportunity to play 1st grade there due to Dragons having McInnes. His choice.
100% right. As they say, we cannot keep them all and Robson knew he had more chance of playing first grade at the Cowboys regularly than at the Dragons when we had McInnes.

justadragon

Bench
We may not have “let him go” but this is an early stark example of the brain dead development and recruitment strategy by the club that’s been on show for over a decade now. At the time McGregor couldn’t even get the guys name right let alone do the smart thing of showing him a clear path to first grade. Meanwhile the Sharks sign McInnes and play him in his best position - lock - after a disillusioned Robson signs for the Cowboys and kills it like most of us knew he would. To cap it off we sign Isaac Luke followed by McCullough………
Yes, they really are that hilariously incompetent.
I totally agree, one thing we must consider though is, would Robson have developed the way he has if he would have remained under the coaching of McPeanut. Cant think of one young gun that McGregor developed to be a star, maybe Lomax, but would you consider him a star ?

Yow

Juniors
When letting Sims go, we needed to recruit an SOO edge forward. This is an example of what is going wrong at the Dragons. It also shows me that Griffin is not a coach who can get the best out of his players.

Another example is letting Robson go in favor of Mcginnes and then letting Mcguinnes go in favor of who?

For such a very long time it seems as tour recruitment team has no idea of what is required. The long period we have suffered without addressing the problem leads me to believe that a couple of board members have been exerting their influence in this area. There is no doubt in my mind that Doust and Craig Young have been the problem and still remain involved by directing Haran on what to do.
Robson left because he had a massive offer from NQ Cam Mc left big offer from the scum and his love affair with Mary

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I thought Simms wanted 3 year and McCullough want 4 years. Thats what i thought was the reason and Saints wouldn’t agree to the extra terms. Could be wrong.. ..; i agree with their hesitation in meeting those requests. Would have liked to have kept Robson!

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Just when will the Dragons begin to receive a fair go from the NRL. Just look at the first two weeks of the competition draw:
1. We receive a bye for round one, meaning we don't get a rest later in the year when we really need one.
2. We play the Titans on Sunday in round 2 and then the Dolphins on the following Thursday in Round 3.

I'm going to the Dragons v Dolphins game at Redcliffe.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Just when will the Dragons begin to receive a fair go from the NRL. Just look at the first two weeks of the competition draw:
1. We receive a bye for round one, meaning we don't get a rest later in the year when we really need one.
2. We play the Titans on Sunday in round 2 and then the Dolphins on the following Thursday in Round 3.

What the actual f**k...
You will be the only one there

BIG RIG

Juniors

We are playing Brisbane in RD 3 on Saturday

Dragon David

First Grade

possm, we have byes in Round 16 and 20 so we will have plenty of rest before the end of the season. We will be raring to go to get into the finals at that time. Haha!

Latest posts