What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee_8

Juniors
I remember Lomax with one outright break (off a right foot step I think) and he either scored or was brought down by the fullback can’t remember which. That was years ago at right centre I think at WIN.

Anyone else remember it?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lomax copping the blame for playing out of position. The kid can play and as stated below a proper coach will utilise him and the other players to play better footy that is for sure. He did not get all the wraps for nothing. Usually kids that get that many wraps in the juniors from people outside the club rarely fail to live to their expectations. Unfortunately for Zac he has had Mary and now Hook. Poor kid. Under Mary being a rep centre he had some chance but with Hook and his dull footy he was on a losing battle their.

TheRev

First Grade
Lomax copping the blame for playing out of position. The kid can play and as stated below a proper coach will utilise him and the other players to play better footy that is for sure. He did not get all the wraps for nothing. Usually kids that get that many wraps in the juniors from people outside the club rarely fail to live to their expectations. Unfortunately for Zac he has had Mary and now Hook. Poor kid. Under Mary being a rep centre he had some chance but with Hook and his dull footy he was on a losing battle their.
Agreed..I think we have ended up with 2 right centres, and Zac has taken one for the team by letting Suli play his preferred position. Zac is very skillful, but I expected at least 6 months (or a season) to adjust.. thats a long time for us.. a lot of mistakes to make.. against the broncos the way he put his hands down after grabbing sullivans kick.. the muscle memory was just slightly wrong and he put a hand into touch.. that sort of stuff under pressure.. would take ages to re-teach your body.

BLM01

First Grade
I

In actual fact we have very little idea as to who is best suited where because our structures are so bad everyone underperforms and therefore they look inadequate and underwhelming
That sits with the coach
But I dont fully blame Hook. It is the admin around too that is our achillies heel

twinkletoes

Juniors
Lomax hasn't played for 4 seasons. His attitude is poor and he displays the traits of a mug lair...

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I think going with a wave of experience last 12 to 18months made sense with AM, Woods, Mbye, Moosehead etc while signing on youth within and some key outside long term signings

The olds gave us short term solutions in a market that had an open cheque book with the Dolphins paying overs

the team now is close enough talent wise.

Its now finding the other layers of coaching etc that will bring it to the next level of performance

Birdy for me is the only question mark at $550k pa (rumoured) out of our recent signings .........he is a footballer but he aint as good as he was after two ACL recos and he just needs to remove his errors pronto. If he does we wont be talking about him negatively.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I think going with a wave of experience last 12 to 18months made sense with AM, Woods, Mbye, Moosehead etc while signing on youth within and some key outside long term signings

The olds gave us short term solutions in a market that had an open cheque book with the Dolphins paying overs

Its now finding the other layers of coaching etc that will bring it to the next level of performance

Birdy for me is the only question mark at $550k pa (rumoured) out of our recent signings .........he is a footballer but he aint as good as he was after two ACL recos and he just needs to remove his errors pronto. If he does we wont be talking about him negatively.

sorry mate. I can’t agree with you. Signing these old fellas brought a level of mediocrity the likes that have never been seen before at this club. As for the juniors they were nurturing…what players are you referring to? Take for example AM who is a hooker…after he left, they went and signed Liddle…Sharon…is being traded for another 2 players. These blokes contributed very little to the club in my opinion and I’m over the moon that they’re gone.

possm

Coach

Hasler would turn this around in a moment. All we need is a new coach.