What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

twinkletoes

Juniors
There might be some strong rumours around about Des but let just hope the rumourers actually know something.
I agree...we've seen the club before go down this track when all the rumour mongerers were saying we had Ivan Cleary signed up when in actual fact the club had not even spoken to him...lets hope not in this case

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Whoever it is of the 2, they will give it to the NRL/Refs if we get treated poorly not let it slide like the last 3 coaches.

I think it is now just a matter of if the Dragons win the next 1 or 2 they keep Hook for the rest of the season or he gets the chop straight away. Either way we as fans have got a long offseason starting now if Hook stays for the year or a possible top 8 chance if he is not. If Hook stays his favourites will get plenty more game time that is for sure which is dumb on him because they will lose more and he will never get a gig. He needs to actually win games to get employed again which I doubt he will as a HC.

Hopefully the new coach can get in the ear of the youngsters and convince them that good times are coming so they don't ask for a release because I think the guys that will benefit from a proper coach are Sloan, Lomax, Feagai x2, Sullivan, Liddle & Amone. Their games will improve ten fold under a proper coach. I even think Hunt will become even better under a proper coach but if he is going to stay around and kick stones then that is his choice.

There was an article when Hunt signed that there was no get out clause if Hook goes so not sure where the rumours of him going anyway. I thought that was the sticking point and reason for the delay in not re-signing and he eventually caved and said he will stay as the clause was removed.

kit66

Bench
If true and that the only options are Des or Flanno then i’m fine with that, I’d prefer Hasler as he has zero links to the Club. This is a huge task to rebuild the Club, roster cleanup and hiring and retention.

It is a huge job but does anyone at the club have the will to do it and are they likely to hand anyone, including a new Coach, the power to do it.
I think they don't care, their jobs are safe, the trough seems bottomless whether we win lose or draw and there is no-one above them to make them do the right thing. Look at our Roster, it speaks volumes.

FlameThrower

Bench
It is a huge job but does anyone at the club have the will to do it and are they likely to hand anyone, including a new Coach, the power to do it.
I think they don't care, their jobs are safe, the trough seems bottomless whether we win lose or draw and there is no-one above them to make them do the right thing. Look at our Roster, it speaks volumes.
Agreed the club structure is complex and seems set up so that Club members have zero say or influence.

TheRev

First Grade
The only disputes I can think of would be over recruitment decisions, there will be quite a few before the end of this year.. and I think we need to give him plenty of leeway there.. he has an idea the sort of players he thinks he needs... there are assistant coaches but that is probably already decided.. not sure if he has guys he likes or he is happy to keep Carr/Webb until he can atleast work with them.