What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Would Gould Approve of those? Seems like he is talking people out of joining the club now.
He has been a big pain for the club since we got rid of Mary. He should never be involved or make any comments about the business of another club. He is an interfering bastard of the highest order. How can he be in the media and say all the negative things and be part of the Bulldogs. I don't see any other person like Webb etc making derogatory remarks about another club and speaking to other coaches saying things like - don't join the Dragons. My god.

Dragon David

First Grade
There will always be stumbling blocks at the Dragons. It really beggars belief that the club would have any restrictive points in their wants of a new coach other than putting in some performance and results clauses, not the he cannot have full control clause.

To be effective, the head coach needs to be able to take full control on so many aspects of running the football department and any restrictions will hamper positive progress. "We want you to get us into finals footy every year but you cannot take control as we still want you to be fully accountable to us because we like to throw our weight around".

SAP58

Juniors
I hope all the sponsored leave us and we are left in ruins , that’s the only way anything at the club will change
You may get your wish I am hearing St George Bank are not the only sponsor that has had enough, many that have private boxes at Kogarah dont use them for every game. St George Bank's announcement today could flush out a few more withdrawals over the following few days.

Old Timer

Coach
Who knows? May have been the last straw, but I can't imagine it being the only factor. I would imagine poor on-field performance with no turnaround in sight would have been a bigger factor, but that's only conjecture on my part.
If it was as you say that could wait util season end just in case we did something positive in the back end of the season.

For this announcement to come so quickly and mid season I sense something more at play.

As I said a little while ago the revelations and language used in the testimony were alarming and the fact that the majority of banking is probably done by women and the executive of St George ban are 65% women I think that JDB being captain has some real bearing on the decision.

Phantom V

Juniors
He is exactly what this Club needs.

However, I feel that ship has sailed. I hope Im wrong, as the immediate alternatives appear to be Young and / or Hornby.
Agree TS. If we could sign Des, we would at least get some credibility back. He also isn’t the type of coach who would take shit from the board which is why I think they are avoiding him at all costs.

Phantom V

Juniors
No, I think Jason had always been uncertain and that is why he checked things out with other coaches and former players and that sort of helped him to get back to the Storm to see what they would offer him and they quickly jumped at the chance to get him back and have already confirmed him and his family moving from Wollongong and going back to Melbourne to live. They didn't muck around. Not like us.

We just cannot do anything without procrastinating and then its too late, the horse has bolted and I don't want to see Ryles' face ever again. He would not have had any success with us so it is a blessing in disguise as far as I am concerned.

We are further embarrassed by St George Bank coming out to say that they will no longer be sponsoring the club. How bad is everything. Just yesterday it looked promising and now it is diabolical and disastrous as I think that we will not get over all of this in a hurry.

Our game at Penrith on Sunday I hope the players lift and win the game. If we do, Carr will get the gig.
I agree DD, in that I don’t want anything more to do with Ryles. I can’t blame him for taking the Melbourne deal, but I’ll never forget. However, I still think if they had let him run the show the way he wanted, then we would have seen results in time.

Apparently he must have gotten a great endorsement from Bellamy and that’s enough for me.

Ideal scenario now is to appoint one of the 3 premiership winners as they will have a greater ability to attract players and no doubt utilise their networks to do so. I like Carr but not what we need right now.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
If it was as you say that could wait util season end just in case we did something positive in the back end of the season.

For this announcement to come so quickly and mid season I sense something more at play.

As I said a little while ago the revelations and language used in the testimony were alarming and the fact that the majority of banking is probably done by women and the executive of St George ban are 65% women I think that JDB being captain has some real bearing on the decision.
In quick succession we had:
1. Coach sacked.
2. JDB made captain
3. Team falls to 17th place on ladder.
4. Ryles drops out of coach race, with no other candidates being publicly spoken about.
Any of these would make a company wonder whether their sponsorship dollars were being spent wisely.

I take your point though, JDB as captain was a difficult one for many people, and not only women. The board of a company flying the flag for majority female membership may have found the decision untenable. You may well be right.

Phantom V

Juniors
There will always be stumbling blocks at the Dragons. It really beggars belief that the club would have any restrictive points in their wants of a new coach other than putting in some performance and results clauses, not the he cannot have full control clause.

To be effective, the head coach needs to be able to take full control on so many aspects of running the football department and any restrictions will hamper positive progress. "We want you to get us into finals footy every year but you cannot take control as we still want you to be fully accountable to us because we like to throw our weight around".
So true DD. In my opinion, the board didn’t really put itself in the position to negotiate in their favour after the Mary and Hook debacles. If this were medieval times we’d be lining up with pitch forks outside the club!

TruSaint

Referee
If it's an ex premiership winner please be either Hasler or Flanagan

Hard no to Maguire

Of the 3, for me anyway, it must be Hasler.

Flanno has been under our umbrella already, and I puked watching Madge during that Tigers mini-series.

Get him on the phone now you bunch of dinosaurs.

43cf4c906afe033306e71330c1c57378

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Gus going off delux that Newcastle player went to Bali during the bye week yet Dogs players have done the same. The guy is a deadset fool.

The only use for Gus is to put him in charge of refs. hang on a minute, imagine how much worse the refs will be biased towards Saints. No thanks.

I don't care who Saints get as coach as long as they get Browny in charge of retention and Richo Head of footy. They can get Young for all I care. With Browny/Richo in there they will sort things out.

Now that sponsors are walking away I think Richo is more crucial to Saints than a coach.

SEAT 1A

Bench

This piece truly represents the club know.

They prefer power to winning, professionalism, becoming a top tier club and recruiting the best players and coach to represent the club. All they want is to be part of the comp and to continue on their merry way. It seems that they don't care about the supports after 13 years of the crap that has been dished out to us.

"Not want to be in the Wayne Bennett situation" yes, it was so crap when he was here.

You just have to laugh at these imposters and have a giggle to what's going to be served up, all the spin and watching the club become irrelevant.