What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
They are involved in the Football /Soccer World
They are Arab consortium's that own clubs, they're from Saudi Arabia and Dubai, no chance they get involved in NRL teams.
guys
Mentioned on another thread
The St George Bank sponsorship EXPIRES at the end of 2024 ...NOT NOW,,
Fodder for the media to feed off
Have 18 months to find another Major Sponsor
Over to you Ryan

shiloh dc

Juniors
$200M - $300M to purchase and run the Dragons would be petty cash for PIF or DIC. Other options would be BeIN sports which should also approach the NRL about taking the NRL European rights. ARAMCO has been prominent in female sport particularly golf. Their market cap is US$2T. Purchasing the Dragons would be expensed as misc rounding.
Don't believe that these organisations are not interested. Western perception and acceptance is critical for them. You don't hear the racing industry complain about middle eastern involvement in their sport.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
$200M - $300M to purchase and run the Dragons would be petty cash for PIF or DIC. Other options would be BeIN sports which should also approach the NRL about taking the NRL European rights. ARAMCO has been prominent in female sport particularly golf. Their market cap is US$2T. Purchasing the Dragons would be expensed as misc rounding.
Don't believe that these organisations are not interested. Western perception and acceptance is critical for them. You don't hear the racing industry complain about middle eastern involvement in their sport.
Where are you getting figures of $200-300m, club is worth probably around $20m tops, all other funding for salary cap comes from the NRL basically.

Parko1310

Juniors

TheRev

Coach
as Parko said, this is probably a good thing.. the timing makes it sound like he was ready to start, but with the Ryles deal sunk, he is taking up another shortterm gig at parra to ride out the season.. that actually makes me hopeful.. surely he signs on for longer if he wanted to stay at parra.

Dragon David

First Grade
as Parko said, this is probably a good thing.. the timing makes it sound like he was ready to start, but with the Ryles deal sunk, he is taking up another shortterm gig at parra to ride out the season.. that actually makes me hopeful.. surely he signs on for longer if he wanted to stay at parra.
Who knows who is coming or what will happen or why is it so or where do we go from here? The whole saga of coaches, support staff, Boardroom dickheads is just getting out of control and a feeding frenzy for gullible Dragons fans waiting for some news, any news. It's doing my head in.

We have copped plenty of news yesterday and all negative.

When will the positive news come back? and I do ask for positive - not "we are still going through the processes and will have a decision soon. How long is soon if we are not using a string to measure it by?

The pecking order should have been made ages ago. The first one has scarpered, so who is the second one and why hasn't that been acted on immediately. "Hello, 2nd preference. we would like to inform you that you have been selected to coach the Dragons. Are you ready to sign as soon as possible, if not, see ya. Now let's go to number 3".

Don't fiddle arse about.

Dragon David

First Grade
We should be signing him regardless starting asap to sort our pathways out irrespective of the coach
It is remarkable that several have said that Browny was already signed. I don't think it is happening. The Board did not have a guy like Browny in place nor anybody except Haran as the GM so who knows who will be part of the football department? I don't think the Board even knows.

Parko1310

Juniors
Who knows who is coming or what will happen or why is it so or where do we go from here? The whole saga of coaches, support staff, Boardroom dickheads is just getting out of control and a feeding frenzy for gullible Dragons fans waiting for some news, any news. It's doing my head in.

We have copped plenty of news yesterday and all negative.

When will the positive news come back? and I do ask for positive - not "we are still going through the processes and will have a decision soon. How long is soon if we are not using a string to measure it by?

The pecking order should have been made ages ago. The first one has scarpered, so who is the second one and why hasn't that been acted on immediately. "Hello, 2nd preference. we would like to inform you that you have been selected to coach the Dragons. Are you ready to sign as soon as possible, if not, see ya. Now let's go to number 3".

Don't fiddle arse about.
Unfortunately I think we'll all find that we don't like option 2 or 3

Latest posts