What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gippsy

Bench

If this is a "genuine request", it is no use having someone in the team who isn't wanting to be with the club. Just piss him off and seek compensation.
if it is the Bulldogs going for him, they can get nicked. If any negotiations have taken place get that club fined. The sooner this is sorted, the better.

Hunt might be the best player in our team but he can also be the dumbest and wherever he ends up won't win him a premiership.

We need a crafty, smart and team halfback who can be a game breaker for us just like when we had Slippery Morris and even Ben Hornby.

Weidler knows something. He can smell a good story and wants the scoop.
If its genuine we are in the box seat with negotiations. So, it all depends on which club he wants to go to and how bad they want him.

If it's the Dogs, I'd be asking for Thompson and Oloapu. If it's Titans I'd be asking for Fermor and Campbell. Wherever he goes, if he goes, we should demand a quality half and forward.

BLM01

First Grade

If this is a "genuine request", it is no use having someone in the team who isn't wanting to be with the club. Just piss him off and seek compensation.
if it is the Bulldogs going for him, they can get nicked. If any negotiations have taken place get that club fined. The sooner this is sorted, the better.

Hunt might be the best player in our team but he can also be the dumbest and wherever he ends up won't win him a premiership.

We need a crafty, smart and team halfback who can be a game breaker for us just like when we had Slippery Morris and even Ben Hornby.

Weidler knows something. He can smell a good story and wants the scoop.
According to Flanno a possible release request came in a couple of weeks ago which if true may make sense why he picked up the phone before he got the job

St Tangles

Bench
If its genuine we are in the box seat with negotiations. So, it all depends on which club he wants to go to and how bad they want him.

If it's the Dogs, I'd be asking for Thompson and Oloapu. If it's Titans I'd be asking for Fermor and Campbell. Wherever he goes, if he goes, we should demand a quality half and forward.
Correct we shouldn't bend over and make it easy

getsmarty

Immortal
Flanagan is adamant no release will be entertained.

"From the club's perspective, Ben Hunt will be there," Flanagan told radio station 2GB's Continuous Call Team.

"He's got a contract. I spoke to Ben before I actually signed because I didn't want to become the Dragons coach and then (have) our halfback wanting out of the club, and he was fine with all that if I was to get the job.

thebigredv

First Grade
BEN HUNT HAS DENIED ASKING FOR A RELEASE
17/6/23 8:48pm
Chat2GB
Ben hunt has denied asking for a release and an ‘informed source’ is suggesting the rumour was started by someone from within the NSW camp. A ‘spokesperson’ from the QLD team is saying both Hunt and coach Slater are very upset at NSW stooping to these tactics
This makes more sense when you think about it.

blacksafake

First Grade
Chat2GB
Ben hunt has denied asking for a release and an ‘informed source’ is suggesting the rumour was started by someone from within the NSW camp. A ‘spokesperson’ from the QLD team is saying both Hunt and coach Slater are very upset at NSW stooping to these tactics
I thought with him being in origin camp the last thing he’d be doing was agitating for a release from the club & getting himself offside with the Queenslanders.
So if he has denied it good on him.

Dragons4me

Juniors
See this is what really pisses me off. It starts with some deadset F...wit with too much time on their hands and a vacuum between the ears (not to mention questionable sized testicular undercarriage) and social media and so-called journo's from so-called reputable sources (and everyone knows who you are) like to lather themselves up.
Feck this pisses me off!

dungay dragon

Juniors
Chat2GB
REALLY
On telegraph web site
text sent 7.10 am sunday
text from Hunt confirming he is seeking release from contract
the Titans preferred Club
watta a low act while away from your club and team mates