What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
I don't want Hunt to stay, I've said this all along however, if he wants a release he should be required to pay out the full value of his contract. You can bet that Gould will offer up Kyle Flannagan as part of the compensation offer. We have Sullivan and a couple of good juniors coming through so what we really need is props and an edg
Boys
Time to move on from little Benny
The Club has done everything in its power to appease the guy
Signs long term friend n coach Griffin
Best mate McCullough , other mate McGuire and still not happy
So a few ground rules
No Sydney Club except the Tigers ....
If it is to be the Titans lets pick the eyes out of their squad in a player per player trade
AJ Brimson Beau Fermoor or Mo fotuakai are 3 that come to mind
Pick two of the three and some loose change
Lets see how desperately he wants to go and how desperate the Titans are to have him
Personally i dont want anyone at the Club that doesnt want to be there , in particular a Club Captain and marquee player
Add two of those three and some more astute Flanno recruits and we are on our way..
our current squad should be wanting to Rip Right In this week , after hearing that our best player doesnt want to be here , and wants to align with a more successful club....
Sayonarra Benny

offiah

Juniors
100%. He was the one that pushed for Griffin in the first place. Then his mates to come as well, and why no offer was ever made to Cam McInness. Even when McCullough was clearly washed he kept talking about how he should play on. Then he didn’t want to re-sign until he was given guarantees that Hook would be given more time to coach. It clearly wasn’t working and he’s still shitty they got rid of him.

He’s a big part of why we’re in this mess in the first place because we keep pandering to his wishes. Let him go for a decent forward and a decent 6 and we’ll be in a much better place.

Dragon David

First Grade
It is unbelievable if this is true. He is that desperate to get away from us and would be prepared to pay out of his own pocket an amount to get his request accepted. He knew that we wouldn't win a premiership with Mary and Hook, surely but yet he re-signed to stay on and knowing that Hook had to have more success otherwise it was bye bye to him. So it should have been clear to him that we as a club would be battling to win a premiership.

OK we do know that management has its many issues, but I would say that we are making changes that will enable us to be a better outfit. If Hunt isn't prepared to wait and see this happen and he has decided that his personal needs which involves his family as well outweighs his commitment to the Dragons, then just let him go. His heart isn't with us and maybe never was and he was happy to do his bits while getting well paid for it until now.

If there have been people speaking to him and his manager to convince them to request a release from the Dragons so that they can improve their roster knowing that he had more than 2 years left on his contract, then they are the culprits and once we find out which club he signs up with, they should be criticised for it.

He won't be playing for us against the Warriors I can see that now.

dungay dragon

Juniors
It is unbelievable if this is true. He is that desperate to get away from us and would be prepared to pay out of his own pocket an amount to get his request accepted. He knew that we wouldn't win a premiership with Mary and Hook, surely but yet he re-signed to stay on and knowing that Hook had to have more success otherwise it was bye bye to him. So it should have been clear to him that we as a club would be battling to win a premiership.

OK we do know that management has its many issues, but I would say that we are making changes that will enable us to be a better outfit. If Hunt isn't prepared to wait and see this happen and he has decided that his personal needs which involves his family as well outweighs his commitment to the Dragons, then just let him go. His heart isn't with us and maybe never was and he was happy to do his bits while getting well paid for it until now.

If there have been people speaking to him and his manager to convince them to request a release from the Dragons so that they can improve their roster knowing that he had more than 2 years left on his contract, then they are the culprits and once we find out which club he signs up with, they should be criticised for it.

He won't be playing for us against the Warriors I can see that now.
Dave
His calculator must be broke
The remainder of his overpaid contract for this year is 250k
Just a spit compared to the 5 million paid to him over the last 5 years
WE are in pole position , He and the Titans have to work out some bargaining chips to seal the deal
Imagine being a Titans player at training and being tapped on the shoulder and told you have to be on your way , so we can fit little Benny in
At the same time Dragon coaches should be chatting to Sullivan and say " the 7 is now yours .You now steer the Team around the park .The hand brake has been released "
6 will be our biggest worry ie Amone , Bird , Sloan etc etc
Forget Hunt , after what has transpired he wont be back

dannyt

Coach
To be honest even though I have enjoyed watching him the last few seasons he has lost us plenty of crucial moments. Can't forget when he ran down the shortside in the final v Souths in 2018 (although he did score our only try)... I thought my head would explode
How about the last play against the raiders this year? Here's me watching that moment.

img GIF

Gareth67

First Grade
Just unfookenbeilvable ! So the little sod is prepared to dig into his own pocket so as to leave the Dragons .

The bloke signed an extension for approx. $900,000 per season , just a shade under his touted $1 million per season original contract that Mary must had drawn up whilst taken this highway robber out for a joy ride on his jet-ski .

But enough of reminiscing , let’s get to the core of what Benny’s problem will be - where does he think he will be going to ? Titans , Brisbane , possibly even the rorters who could come into calculations with a last minute bid ?

Apparently he or his agent and another NRL club have had serious discussions about a mid-season move . Is that not what the NRL should be enquiring about . What makes the man believe that he will have a club to go to unless negotiations at some level or other have been going on whilst Benny is still under contract , a big fat juicy $900k a year contract ?

The Dragons hierarchy should not be going through this , this mess is of another club’s making and the NRL should do the correct thing for the Dragons just this once and thoroughly investigate the matter .

Mojo

Bench
Just unfookenbeilvable ! So the little sod is prepared to dig into his own pocket so as to leave the Dragons .

The bloke signed an extension for approx. $900,000 per season , just a shade under his touted $1 million per season original contract that Mary must had drawn up whilst taken this highway robber out for a joy ride on his jet-ski .

But enough of reminiscing , let’s get to the core of what Benny’s problem will be - where does he think he will be going to ? Titans , Brisbane , possibly even the rorters who could come into calculations with a last minute bid ?

Apparently he or his agent and another NRL club have had serious discussions about a mid-season move . Is that not what the NRL should be enquiring about . What makes the man believe that he will have a club to go to unless negotiations at some level or other have been going on whilst Benny is still under contract , a big fat juicy $900k a year contract ?

The Dragons hierarchy should not be going through this , this mess is of another club’s making and the NRL should do the correct thing for the Dragons just this once and thoroughly investigate the matter .
Exactly. Our Board and management aren't responsible for this. It's entirely Ben's doing and the other arseholes he has been dealing with.

It's yet another gutless act for him to say that he's pissed off with our Board and management.

He's clearly not trustworthy.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I am developing a theory that the initials BH and the Dragons do not mix. Ben Hunt is obvious. Ben Haran as well, and Bill Harrigan never did the Dragons or the Steele's and favours. The theory is looking good.....

Hang on - Ben Hornby went OK, and Brian Hetherington was pretty good back in the day.

Hmm, I'll keep working on it!

Mojo

Bench
I am developing a theory that the initials BH and the Dragons do not mix. Ben Hunt is obvious. Ben Haran as well, and Bill Harrigan never did the Dragons or the Steele's and favours. The theory is looking good.....

Hang on - Ben Hornby went OK, and Brian Hetherington was pretty good back in the day.

Hmm, I'll keep working on it!
Bloody hell! I think it goes pear shaped when the initials come to stand for 'Big Head'.