What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Illusion

Bench
I think Townsend would be a steady influence on sullivan. He is a organising half back so it may give Sullivan insight in how to run a team around the paddock.
Remember when Bennett starts up at a club he always brings in steady and experience heads to help the yoonger players learn their trade
I would take Townsend no prob , more chance of him closing out a game for us than the Sook .......

since77

Juniors
I would take Townsend no prob , more chance of him closing out a game for us than the Sook .......
An average but solid half like Townsend paired with Sullivan playing behind a forward pack filled with some astute and aggressive recruits would be light years better than Hunt and the current pack of reserve grade forwards we’ve been stuck with for the last few seasons.

An average but solid half like Townsend paired with Sullivan playing behind a forward pack filled with some astute and aggressive recruits would be light years better than Hunt and the current pack of reserve grade forwards we’ve been stuck with for the last few seasons.
My tip....Paseka front row, and Teig Wilton left edge back row

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Townsend would fit our mould of player as he ticks all the boxes of:

- Ex favourite of the coach
- Well passed his prime
- Looking for a 2 or 3 year contract to see him in to retirement at our retirement village
- Very little to no upside.

This would be a very poor and uninspiring signing from Flanagan, especially if we are to let Hunt move on. Surely with his money we can shake a few trees and try to find a decent halfback.

Old Timer

Coach
If Hunt goes why the f**k do people want a half back replacement?

Get a good steady 5/8 and just move Bud to 7.

Then get a proper ball playing sharp 13 to give Bud a useful option as he takes control of the team.

All this talk of Townsend, Clune etc is just rubbish

dungay dragon

Juniors

Then get a proper ball playing sharp 13 to give Bud a useful option as he takes control of the team.

Yep OT
Time for Sullivan to live up to all the hype from most on here
May have had a hand brake on him with Hunt
Now is his time
Other wise i would make a play for Cogger

Carrera28

Juniors

100%

We have the rest of 2023 (which is stuffed anyway) to select our current squad and decide if we need a new half or not. We know with 100% certainty we need forwards so I would like to see us in the market for some solid reliable forwards who deliver week in and week out rather than buy an expensive half in his 30's who is only one injury away from retirement.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors

Ok….So who is the steady 5/8 and ball playing 13?

TheRev

Coach
We don't have a 1st grade standard 5/8, thats the issue, Bud has had half a dozen games as a 1st grade halfback, if he doesnt have any help from his partner, hes going to get targeted and drilled by our oppositions.

Amone has had 46 games, 2 full seasons and he has some positive attributes, but hes not going to take pressure of Sulli.. not to mention.. just 1 injury (of which Sullivan has had plenty), and Amone is our halfback.