What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
I wonder if that ex-Raiders Pommy halfback, Williams is available. I'd say he is just the type of halfback Flanno would want. And then, maybe Flanno will bring his son to the Dragons and do wonders with him.

I've been hoping that Flano would lure Holmes as a fullback. Sloan to the wing or five-eighth.

possm

Coach
I agree with you re recruitment but still stick to my view re Sullivan

Just a little while ago to question Sullivan’s worth was to be met with all sorts of ridicule but there seems to be a complete softening of conviction as to Sullivan’s ability and viability.
Sullivan might end up the same as Kyle Stanley. Full of talent and potential but just can't stay injury free.

qld redvee

Juniors
Disagree with your comment regarding Sele.

He is not sub standard.

The bloke is a fringe first grader. somewhere between 16-22.

Don’t see much difference between Michael Molo, Blake Lawrie and Hame Sele.
and is better than musgrove and jaeden ? hunt who have been told free to leave . And probably better than Kerr . so as you said a decent depth player

BLM01

First Grade
Disagree with your comment regarding Sele.

He is not sub standard.

The bloke is a fringe first grader. somewhere between 16-22.

Don’t see much difference between Michael Molo, Blake Lawrie and Hame Sele.
Agree and whilst he is no world beater he runs hard with speed similar to Leniu
Cant be that bad as made the Bunnies 17 most weeks except for injury

dungay dragon

Juniors
Shane Flanagan on 2GB has said that Hunt will stay at the club for the remainder of his contract, also confirmed Sullivan has been given permission to look elsewhere
Plenty of manouvering behind the scenes going on Rig
Thinking Hunt and Flanno deep in discussion re roster
Plenty of junior talent coming through
Just need to nail that one or two quality depth signings
We are clearing the decks , so hopefully something big on the way
At least now we are actively out there in the market place

Old Timer

Coach
So the big Flanno news is the wonder kid we had to keep as he was going to be the next big thing is free to go and we are pushing hard to sign the type of player who we have already plenty of from a fringe top 8 team who are no doubt looking to bolster their roster in that very position so as to have a chance at going top 4.

And people are excited by that FMD.

Phantom V

Juniors
I
Anyways I look at the Broncos side tonight. Boy they are powerful and play with speed across the park in defence and attack although Souths were teriible.
Geez i wish we can get a side and players that play like them.
Now they are stealing the Mundine / Blacklock backflips.
They have a great accountant!

Parko1310

Juniors
Disagree with the comments about Sele not being a good signing. Very underrated player. I never saw it in him when he was with us but he has excelled at south Sydney and I was calling for this signing when he was on the off contract list this year. He will surprise many, just like Jacob Liddle surprised many this year. Sele is a very solid player who turns up and does his job, doesn’t make many errors and doesn’t leave gaping holes in the middle of the field when defending. He is quality depth on the bench and will fit into the rotation very nicely. You need players like this. I have no doubt souths would love to keep him, he’s a mainstay in their 17. But when you re sign Campbell Graham, Keon, Walker, Mitchell, Cook, and then sign Wighton, something has to give. Souths are blessed with a great pack, and they probably figure Sele isn’t absolutely essential for their team to succeed given what they have. Is Sele going to dominate packs and win us games on his own? No. But coupled with other quality forward signings he will be a great cog in our team, pushing down to reserve grade players like Michael Molo who are getting way too much time in the NRL. This is about building a squad, not every signing is an out and out star. Very good pick up in my opinion

Latest posts