What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
To be completely honest, there isn’t one player in the whole dragons top 30 that if we let them go I’d be upset.
At this stage, ctrl alt delete.
Just let Flanno build the roster he wants and trust he’s taking the club forwards, we sure can’t go backwards from here.

TruSaint

Referee
To be completely honest, there isn’t one player in the whole dragons top 30 that if we let them go I’d be upset.
Just let Flanno build the roster he wants and trust he’s taking the club forwards, we sure can’t go backwards from here.

The ones I would keep are F Molo, Su'a, Suli, Liddle, Sullivan and young Couchman.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Lol, what happened to the big nursery of juniors and giving the kids a run?

Not to mention your assertion that our premiership window opens in 2025/2026, won't that be hard if your old mate moves half the squad on and replaces them with more deadwood.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Lomax & JDB probably the only real first graders from our junior system currently, Lawrie maybe from the bench. Sullivan imo is good enough, but like I keep saying, something is up there with that flighty bird.. perhaps Hunt is staying and Bud has been clear hes not going to keep waiting around as the 3rd fiddle.

The point Crush is trying to make (and I agree), is that we arent 'in love' with anyone in the current squad.. which is something I cant remember from generations gone before.. I have faith in Flannos instincts, but know its going to take more than a season for recruitment opportunities to open up... so there will be times next year when he cops some flack for losses on the back of this ridiculous roster we have.

Note,, the future is still bright though.. there are lots of young ones on the way up though which we have high hopes for, but they need to be dripfed, the Couchmans, Egan, NickT, Herring, Stewart, then the Flegg kids are even more exciting Rumble yes pls!.. like there are kids coming.. but if we dont import first graders to make us competitive again, there is no system to even bring the kids into.. lambs to the slaughter.

Crush

Coach
Lol, what happened to the big nursery of juniors and giving the kids a run?

Not to mention your assertion that our premiership window opens in 2025/2026, won't that be hard if your old mate moves half the squad on and replaces them with more deadwood.
Righto troll

Crush

Coach
Is that what they call someone who has some conviction and doesn't contradict themselves on a regular basis?
It’s what they call someone that never actually posts opinion, rather just looks to pull apart other posters.
A troll is a form of bully really.
I just wish you’d troll someone else for a change tbh, but you won’t, we know that don’t we.

Gareth67

First Grade
Flanno is cleaning house he knows this crop of players is bog average albeit 4-5 of them.. let him go let him build his own team.. I trust the process - but only in his hands..
It would be good to see the man build a team that would take the Dragons to the semis mickey and as you have said he must have a number of our current squad to remain .

The only problem that I can see is that most players of quality are signed to other clubs and Flanagan would require a large war chest to attract class players to the Big Red V .

Nevertheless we certainly need to get rid of the dregs in the barrel to climb of the bottom end of the ladder .

Old Timer

Coach
What I find amazing is the lack of objectivity and repeated arse covering in posts.

Sullivan has been the anointed darling of many in this place and Hook was every dinosaur under the sun for not picking him / playing him on a regular basis and it was all on Hook.

Flanno is appointed and Sullivan is free to go and that’s all ok

Maybe Hook & Flanno see the same thing in Sullivan but the actions of 1 coach is ok but not so for the other.

Parko1310

Juniors
D
What I find amazing is the lack of objectivity and repeated arse covering in posts.

Sullivan has been the anointed darling of many in this place and Hook was every dinosaur under the sun for not picking him / playing him on a regular basis and it was all on Hook.

Maybe Hook & Flanno see the same thing in Sullivan but the actions of 1 coach is ok but not so for the other.
Difference is Flanno hasn’t dicked him around out of pure distaste for the bloke. He’s told him you’re free to go more on the basis of injuries and his overinflated salary would be my guess. He hasn’t left him lingering with more questions than answers. He’s told him straight, you’re free to go.

Old Timer

Coach
D

Difference is Flanno hasn’t dicked him around out of pure distaste for the bloke. He’s told him you’re free to go more on the basis of injuries and his overinflated salary would be my guess. He hasn’t left him lingering with more questions than answers. He’s told him straight, you’re free to go.
So Sullivan isn’t the real deal so many thought he was otherwise Flanno would work with him after all it’s not as if he’s unknown to Flanno

If it’s injury related they see evident when Hook was coach so maybe those injuries dicked Hook around more than people are willing to accept.

Maximus

Coach

Exactly. Griffin was the worst coach ever because he didn't pick Sullivan, who was basically Joey, Sterlo and Cronk combined. Now that they like the coach, Sullivan is rubbish.

Or Sullivan's injuries are a good enough excuse for Flanno, but not good enough for Griffin.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
It’s what they call someone that never actually posts opinion, rather just looks to pull apart other posters.
A troll is a form of bully really.
I just wish you’d troll someone else for a change tbh, but you won’t, we know that don’t we.
Lol, big fella the amount of times I have told you in the past 1-2 seasons that we didn't have the cattle and you would push back and claim we did!

Sounds like I had an opinion didn't it? Of course when we have a difference of opinion (as you and myself often do) then it's only fair the other person can point out the glaringly obvious hypocrisy of their opponent when they see same opponent contradicting themselves not long after.

You don't have a leg to stand on chief, you're on record recently stating our roster is good, only a few changes needed, premiership window opens in a season or two and now a few weeks later you say get rid of the entire top 30 😂😂😂
All I would like to see from you is you stick to your incorrect, foolish opinions for a little while rather than try to cover your ass with half your posts champion!!

Crush

Coach
Lol, big fella the amount of times I have told you in the past 1-2 seasons that we didn't have the cattle and you would push back and claim we did!

Sounds like I had an opinion didn't it? Of course when we have a difference of opinion (as you and myself often do) then it's only fair the other person can point out the glaringly obvious hypocrisy of their opponent when they see same opponent contradicting themselves not long after.

You don't have a leg to stand on chief, you're on record recently stating our roster is good, only a few changes needed, premiership window opens in a season or two and now a few weeks later you say get rid of the entire top 30 😂😂😂
All I would like to see from you is you stick to your incorrect, foolish opinions for a little while rather than try to cover your ass with half your posts champion!!
You really picked me apart there, especially with the chief, big fella and champion tough guy flex.
Some champagne trolling.

BLM01

First Grade

Yes OT but the fact that Flanno is signalling he needs half a dozen decent players does not put a good light on Hooks money ball / recruitment approach and the squad he has assembled over 3 years and I will throw Haran in the mix with that stuff up

Latest posts