What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Draginzaaar

Bench
Negative all just pointing out what we know to date via the media and calling it for what it is?

Hunt is here as captain

Bud is on the outer and probably leaving

Sele & Flano Jnr touted as our 1st signings

Dean Young back in a position to aspire to HC from

Hannan still here

The most obvious of obvious have been given permission to leave or negotiate elsewhere

A coach that couldn’t get a gig anywhere else despite other HC’s appalling records is appointed for 3 years FMD he couldn’t even edge out Seibold

Yet for some it’s like Christmas a time to rejoice and be grateful for the wondrous gifts we are about to receive.

By all means tell me the positives I have missed.
Better than Hook.

BLM01

First Grade
Sorry for the solutions post to you as you correctly point out it was someone else pushing that agenda.

I never said Carr wasn't staying I just pointed out some in here had him as an option for HC.

I respectfully suggest you have a close look at our last 6 or so games compared to the rest of the shit dished up by our halves.

Blind Freddy can see the difference in structure and "time available" for our outside men under Carr.
I dont disagree that the side are attacking better under Carr but the edge defense has been woeful since he took over

TruSaint

Referee
I blame Marketo.

jerry-seinfeld-popcorn.gif

TheRev

Coach
Some on here advocate Musgrove to be in the team yet each of Griffin Carr and Flanno don’t want him in the team.
Is there an attitude problem ? Is he disruptive? Or just bad news.
It's not his playing ability.. he's exactly the big body we need on our bench.. but yah whatever he's been upto around the squad, he's basically been marked never to play again, bar thru desperation. He shouldnt be hard to get rid of though, im sure someone will pick him up.

Seriously you’d choose Ryles a totally unproven rookie over Flanagan, a proven premiership winning coach?!!???
I can't remember a season where almost every head coach has struggled for part (or most) of the season, guys like Robbo, Bennett, Fitzy, Arthur have fallen over...

Guys like Payten, O'Brien, Siebold & Stuart have gone through truly awful periods, the Cowboys were 16th not that long ago.. and even guys like Bellamy, Bennett, Cleary & JD had some ordinary periods..

i.e. Thats how hard this competition is.. no matter how good your coach and squad are.. nothing is guaranteed at this level.. so im rly happy to have Flanno who has done this before and been to the top.. it doesn't guarantee anything obviously.. and you might strike gold with a rookie like Webster.. but he to be fair he has a really long coaching history also.. just not at this level.

dannyt

Coach
I see a lot of us in here fighting amongst ourselves and really for no good reason. We have a new coach (whether we like him or not) so were just going to have to support him until we see otherwise. I see a revitalised Ben Hunt and again, we might be stuck with him for 2 more years , so we might just have to live with it( as much as i and many others hate the idea).
But we’re starting to see a roster change which so many of us wanted. The market isnt flush with great players so to me Sele isnt a great start but hes a solid buy and at least better quality than what Hook was buying us.
I just want us to avoid the spoon and then see what the new coach can deliver. After the last 2 coaches we certainly cant be any worse off.
But to everyone on here lets try and be positive and stop the in fighting. Us and the Dragons are certainly better than that and we deserve more- lets hope its about to be dished up
Stop making sense or some on this forum will howl you down.

While I doubt Flanagan will show any interest in RFM from the Dogs, with the news Ryan Sutton has also been tapped could be seen differently.
Always thought Sutton was a handy and reliable forward who can cover a few positions in the pack.
A lot of clubs are now starting to look at clearing the decks in preparation for 2024, thinking there will be more to come.
Strange thing about Musgrove though.
Whilst he appears to be on the outer at the Dragons, noticed in the KOE Cup team list yesterday, he was named captain.
Really thought a player who is being shown the door would not be considered to be named captain, even if it for our reserve grade team.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Ok then look forward to it but the question was not asked of you but thanks anyway
Your post directed at me wasn't a question at all mate, it was a blatant statement. Like OT if my views turn out to be wrong I'll happily admit it when the time comes, I'm not one to pretend I was right the whole time and then have a cry when someone points out content of my previous posts that contradict it. Nothing wrong with a couple of virtues known as integrity and conviction.

Can't wait to see how you respond when Flanno turns out to be a flop.

You get yourself in to big enough conniptions when people post about reported signings or player salaries, so imagine how you'll cope with people coming at you asking why you held a certain view in the recent past.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Oh great so Sele is on par with Cotter now is he?

Maybe in terms of size but certainly big playing ability or even playing position!

Cotter plays either 13 or comes off the bench for the cowboys, Sele is starting from row for the Rabbitohs and presumably he will play front row for the dragons too.

Sele has only run for over 150 metres in 3 games this season, which I'd say is a fail for any front rower.

Regardless of how anyone wants to spin this, it is a very uninspiring first signing, particularly when we're told Flanagan will bring marquee players to the club and is an expert recruiter, what a crock that is.
You made a point on the height/weight, nothing about playing ability when i replied to your original message.

Parko1310

Juniors
I’m sorry, but some people just don’t watch the game. Raymond Faitala Mariner is a very good player, who we should have been after before he signed his last deal with the dogs. We desperately need a back rower. That much is clear. With RFM, you have a class leader, solid hole runner and good defender. I mentioned the other day that not everyone can be an out and our star signing. I have faith in Flanagan that he will get these sort of guys, but they don’t have to come before solid, better than what we have first graders. I beg the question, who are you playing at back row next year aside from Su’a? Jack Bird? Laughable. Whilst the article didn’t mention Flanno was actually interested, I’d very much like signing RFM. Him along with Sele is a good start to the depth of our pack. If Flanno can land a big name, like Tino for example, all of a sudden our team is completely reshaped and our forwards are threatening. Get real, these underrated signings are the difference in the good teams, if they can be coupled with one or two stars

BIG RIG

Juniors
I’m sorry, but some people just don’t watch the game. Raymond Faitala Mariner is a very good player, who we should have been after before he signed his last deal with the dogs. We desperately need a back rower. That much is clear. With RFM, you have a class leader, solid hole runner and good defender. I mentioned the other day that not everyone can be an out and our star signing. I have faith in Flanagan that he will get these sort of guys, but they don’t have to come before solid, better than what we have first graders. I beg the question, who are you playing at back row next year aside from Su’a? Jack Bird? Laughable. Whilst the article didn’t mention Flanno was actually interested, I’d very much like signing RFM. Him along with Sele is a good start to the depth of our pack. If Flanno can land a big name, like Tino for example, all of a sudden our team is completely reshaped and our forwards are threatening. Get real, these underrated signings are the difference in the good teams, if they can be coupled with one or two stars
Yeah some people on here just leave me scratching my head. They just complain about every possible name thrown around and then complain when they don’t sign anyone

St Tangles

Bench
Sele would be a good signing.
RFM is not the player he was 2 years ago.
Could be due to playing middle but injuries have affected him wouldn't offer more than we currently have.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Tyrell Fuimaono Tautau Moga Billy Burns and Nick Lui - Tosos have been told they will not be re-signed for season 2024

Ben Murdoch - Masila has been told he is free to look elsewhere for season 2024

Rumour also circulating that Flanagan is also considering potentially moving on Max Feagai

justadragon

Bench
Tyrell Fuimaono Tautau Moga Billy Burns and Nick Lui - Tosos have been told they will not be re-signed for season 2024

Ben Murdoch - Masila has been told he is free to look elsewhere for season 2024

Rumour also circulating that Flanagan is also considering potentially moving on Max Feagai
And I agree with all of them, as a matter of fact he can take both Feagai's

Last edited:

Latest posts