What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
One of the stars of the Koori Knockout , Lattrell Siegwelt , has agreed to a Train n Trial contract with the Dragons for 2024 .
Seigwelt has speed to burn scoring 3 tries in the semi for Walgett
He has played primarily at Wing and Fullback but imagine he could handle any backline position..
Safe under the high ball , a good defender and an excellent goal kicker..
Only young and needs to fill out but shows plenty of promise....
Wasn’t hard to look like a flyer at the Koori Knockout..some of the lads looked way more built for comfort rather than speed

maestro1

Bench

I reckon he will be a good pick up if we went for him. What say you guys?
Sharkies supporters are upset that they may lose Tracey. Especially if he comes to us. A lot of their fans rate him higher than Will Kennedy and believe he will get even better with time on the field.

Parko1310

Juniors

I reckon he will be a good pick up if we went for him. What say you guys?
Would be a good signing in my opinion. Ready to have a start at fullback, creates real competition in that spot. Plus can cover halves, centre and has even played wing as well. Hopefully we can get it done, and for 2024 rather than 2025

Bob

Juniors
Penrith winning their 3rd premiership shows us the way to be a top 4 side again. I remember for a while they were buying "has beens" and were getting nowhere. Remember Soward, Malonie, Thamou, etc and that was getting Penrith nowhere. Then they decided to tap into their juniors and develop them: Cleary, Luai, Crichton, etc and 3 premiership.

We followed Penrith in getting "has-beens": Norman, Mbye, Burgess, etc and we all know the result.

We have had a flurry of young players come thru in the last few years: Sloane, Amone, Fegai, Couchmans, Connor, M Molo, etc to name a few but all are rough diamonds.

2024 should be the year to finally develop these rough gems.
Not only did we tap into our juniors, Gus started 3 Satellite academies, 1 in Dubbo, 1 in Bathurst, 1 in Forbes, he sent conditioning staff from HM and SG Ball regularly to work with these kids and teach them how to be professional athletes, how to prepare, basic skills drills etc, as in all situations like this the cream rises to the top, those kids come to Penrith for camps prior to being contracted to HM, SG Ball or Jersey Flegg if there good enough

Trifili13

Juniors
Not only did we tap into our juniors, Gus started 3 Satellite academies, 1 in Dubbo, 1 in Bathurst, 1 in Forbes, he sent conditioning staff from HM and SG Ball regularly to work with these kids and teach them how to be professional athletes, how to prepare, basic skills drills etc, as in all situations like this the cream rises to the top, those kids come to Penrith for camps prior to being contracted to HM, SG Ball or Jersey Flegg if there good enough
That explains why most of the junior clubs listed when the Penrith players picked up their winners rings were not actually from the Penrith junior district area. Just proves what a good scouting system and subsequent development program they have currently. Wish our guys were as good at their jobs. Not denouncing what they have achieved which is remarkable, but i was under the impression that most of their team were born and bred in the Penrith area given we keep on hearing it's the largest junior catchment area in the world for rugby league.

TheRev

First Grade
Anyone heard news on Latrell Siegwalt? Someone said we signed him on a train and trial, but I dont see any confirmation anywhere.. so maybe its complete b.s.

He was named player of the series at the Koori Knockout, believe hes a fullback / winger & goalkicker.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
That explains why most of the junior clubs listed when the Penrith players picked up their winners rings were not actually from the Penrith junior district area. Just proves what a good scouting system and subsequent development program they have currently. Wish our guys were as good at their jobs. Not denouncing what they have achieved which is remarkable, but i was under the impression that most of their team were born and bred in the Penrith area given we keep on hearing it's the largest junior catchment area in the world for rugby league.
Not sure where you got that from. Edwards is originally from Dorrigo, Yeo from Dubbo, Martin from Temora, Fisher-Harris from New Zealand and Sorensen from Cronulla. The rest of them are all local or thereabouts.

Anyone heard news on Latrell Siegwalt? Someone said we signed him on a train and trial, but I dont see any confirmation anywhere.. so maybe its complete b.s.

He was named player of the series at the Koori Knockout, believe hes a fullback / winger & goalkicker.
That was this year. He won a comp with Wagga Roos.

Trifili13

Juniors
Not sure where you got that from. Edwards is originally from Dorrigo, Yeo from Dubbo, Martin from Temora, Fisher-Harris from New Zealand and Sorensen from Cronulla. The rest of them are all local or thereabouts.
I stand to be corrected but it appeared that most of the junior teams listed as the players received their rings were from outside the Penrith junior district. What it also doesn't say is how long they have been part of the junior pathways which i suspect would be from an early age. Anyway, full credit for what they have achieved.

dannyt

Coach
About same age. One of my earliest memories is my older brother forcing our way up to the SCG fence, with the rain teeming down, umbrella open for my first live Dragons match, the 1963 GF. We stayed there for the entire game, partially soaked but jubilant after witnessing close up our 8th premiership on the trot.:)
The infamous '63 GF. If the stories are to believed, Jack Gibson told his wests team, who were raging hot favourites, that they were no chance because "the fix was on". Gibson was an SP bookie who called many of Sydney's "shadey" characters friends. If you listen to Wests old boys, plenty of dubious calls, but we won our 8th in a row and the Gladiators were born. All we need to know

Inisai Toga

Juniors
The infamous '63 GF. If the stories are to believed, Jack Gibson told his wests team, who were raging hot favourites, that they were no chance because "the fix was on". Gibson was an SP bookie who called many of Sydney's "shadey" characters friends. If you listen to Wests old boys, plenty of dubious calls, but we won our 8th in a row and the Gladiators were born. All we need to know
Always saying Johnny King was tackled; doesn’t appear to be tackled at all when you look at the footage….

Draginzaaar

Bench
Although quite a few of them were from St Marys Saints.

Latest posts