What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Nutz

Bench
When you find out can you tell us on the wests tigers forum so we can strike him off our list :)
You guys sound a bit bored like we are, it's going to be a long off season.
Rep footy has broken it up a bit though.
What's going to happen after Nov1 deadline? Probably nothing more than we would've found out earlier as leaks, loyalty and player managers all reside in the one place hey.

Dragon David

First Grade
That would be good news if true. I don't know a lot about him, and have read some very positive comments about him as well as the odd negative one. Welcome to the Dragons Ipape (maybe).
As usual, any rumour requires confirmation on the Dragons website so I am prepared to wait one way or the other. Flanno should put Hunt at 9. Hook wouldn't so I hope Flanno will.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
As usual, any rumour requires confirmation on the Dragons website so I am prepared to wait one way or the other. Flanno should put Hunt at 9. Hook wouldn't so I hope Flanno will.
The rumour apparently started with Joey Johns, who was a great player but is a bit of a dribbler when he gets a microphone in front of him. Ipape reportedly signed an extension with Leigh until the end of 2025. Stranger things have happened in rugby league, but, like you DD, I will wait until it is announced on the Dragon's website before I believe it

possm

Coach
Joey Johns just mentioned in commentary that Ipape has signed with the Dragon's 🤷
Great news. Let's hope he will be NRL Standard.

So what does our top 13 Look like?
1. 0Tracey
2. ?
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. ?
7.. Flannagan
8. ?
9. Ipape
10. ?
11. ?
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Amone
15. F Molo
13. Lawrie
17. Sele

So, we still have to get rid of Hunt and buy 5 more first-graders.

These changes will be a big step towards fielding a competitive team and, we are reliant on our new coach to instill the discipline, defensive skills, and culture required to be a top 4 team. I believe the Dragons will be a much fitter unit in 2024, which alone will make a big difference.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Great news. Let's hope he will be NRL Standard.

So what does our top 13 Look like?
1. 0Tracey
2. ?
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. ?
7.. Flannagan
8. ?
9. Ipape
10. ?
11. ?
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Amone
15. F Molo
13. Lawrie
17. Sele

So, we still have to get rid of Hunt and buy 5 more first-graders.

These changes will be a big step towards fielding a competitive team and, we are reliant on our new coach to instill the discipline, defensive skills, and culture required to be a top 4 team. I believe the Dragons will be a much fitter unit in 2024, which alone will make a big difference.
I’m with you re Hunt as I have totally gone cold on him BUT maybe flanno will give him the inspiration he needs to lead this team around as a million dollar player should. One more season at least and young flanno should benefit from his experience.

My theory is the Sele and Flanagan Junior signings were announced as both players were free agents being off contract.
In the short to medium term, ie leading up the end of the year, any future signings in this period will be players currently under contract for 2024 and beyond who obtain a release from their current club.
Players mentioned so far being Ipape, Tracey and Curran, plus any others we do not know about.
So some may get a release after agitating for it which is often the way in the NRL, while others may not.
Like you Dragon D, I push all the speculation aside and believe it when it is officially announced by the club on our website.

TheRev

Coach
The most plausible scenario is Johns brain triggering a thought bubble from months ago.. and words fell out of his mouth with nothing behind them.. i.e. I doubt Johns would have invested any time in following iPape's contract status.... its a bit different for us as dragons fans who are hanging on every possible name in our world-wide search for talent.

I do still like to hold a little hope though.. Flanno obvious rates him.. would be nice if there was some magical nrl clause in his super league contract.. and JDB seals it with his voice of wisdom... but seems unlikely given Leigh was across our interest when they extended his contract.