What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Biglance

Bench

kit66

Bench
Wonder how long NRL will suspend Amone for?. Until his community service is up in 2 yrs?

Can they suspend someone for a "community service" sentence ? Why didn't they suspend him when he was found guilty of whatever it was ? Would a private company or Govt Employer sack someone for receiving such a sentence.

Juniors
Can they suspend someone for a "community service" sentence ? Why didn't they suspend him when he was found guilty of whatever it was ? Would a private company or Govt Employer sack someone for receiving such a sentence.
They can suspend him for bringing the game into disrepute. The NRl and the dragons would be waiting for the appeal period to expire before they make a decision

BLM01

First Grade
They were waiting to see if he got jail time. Now he has not it is up to the NRL how long they suspend him for pleading guilty to a crime

Gardenia

Bench
Re us compared to the Tigers. Benji is a beginner and Flanagan is in a small minority of elite winning coaches. He has experience and smarts. Benji is coping whining already and look how well Flanagan has calmed Mr. Hunt down. He stayed so calm (Flanagan) when the Ben Hunt drama kicked on. We have the better coach by a mile. I am not worried about the Tigers - OR the Dogs with their toxic culture. Just wait we will show them in 2024 we will be so much better (baring injuries as depth is a concern in some areas).

Gardenia

Bench
its going to drag on like Debelin's saga, will continue to destabilize the club for the remainder of 2024 season
Difference being that Debelin was an origin level player when his troubles began. Amone has been told to look elsewhere if I remember correctly at this busy time of year.

Budpower

Juniors
wont deter anyone, our reputation through history is simply the greatest league team of all time! theres fwits in every club and every workplace, just get rid of him and move on, when AFB arrives and is our Captain and leader he will automatically be the wayshower and inspirational drawcard for other very good players, if needed, Flanno and AFB as coach and captain will steer us back to the glory days my brethren, youll see!

BLM01

First Grade
I don’t think players are that thinned skinned
What's everyone's take on the Amone situation re damaging the club? Would it be driving certain recruits away at all? (granted this is a final nail scenario).
I don’t think players care to avoid Dragons because of Amones guilt. They would avoid because of our current standing in the game. AFB for example has the same heritage and hads his own history
Amone has just damaged himself and NRL / Dragons will suspend and fine? him for a bit then he comes back?
Now we all move on.

The Word

Juniors
100% the club would now be within their rights to terminate Amone's contract if they see fit. Probably could've done it when he was found guilty tbh, obviously legal advice suggested waiting for sentencing.
Whether they do or not depends on whether Flanagan decides Amone will be a good footy player in his position, and whether he's a popular or a destabilising member of the squad.
Personally I would get rid of him as I think what he did was unforgiveable and someone could've died. However I'm more than happy to leave it with Flanagan and if he decides to keep him, he serves his suspension and we can all just move on.

Draginzaaar

Bench
wont deter anyone, our reputation through history is simply the greatest league team of all time! theres fwits in every club and every workplace, just get rid of him and move on, when AFB arrives and is our Captain and leader he will automatically be the wayshower and inspirational drawcard for other very good players, if needed, Flanno and AFB as coach and captain will steer us back to the glory days my brethren, youll see!
AFB? Isn't he the bloke that plead guilty to DV?

kit66

Bench
I just read that Taylan May (Centre/Wing) is open to moving away from the Panthers when his contract expires at the end of next year and also has a desire to play with his brothers.
He was sidelined for 2023 with an ACL while his brother Terrell, a very hard working forward, excelled for the Roosters off the bench. I'd be inclined to keep an eye on this and maybe have a chat with Taylan and Terrell (who is also off contract at the end of 2024) to see if maybe they'd like to join Flanno at the Dragons. Terrell is a fantastic defender (missed just 6 tackles in 17 games this year, amazing and has a handy off-load) also makes good metres but can't make the starting side at the Roosters having more established players ahead of him. There's a third brother Tyrone, playing in Super League and signed until 2026 I believe. I'd say we could get them at a reasonable price. If Taylan can overcome his injury woes we'd do well to at least approach him and Terrell.

https://www.zerotackle.com/outside-back-open-to-club-switch-in-latest-panthers-blow-204077/

Latest posts