What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
He will now be involved with negotiating to get Luai signed for the Tigers for 2025 I reckon. He knows how to get the players a club needs and yes, when we thought that we had Jason Ryles coming to us as the head coach there was some talk of getting Richo as well but of course never happened and I now have faith in the current administration to get the club back up the success ladder.
If the Tigers were on any sort of winner it will be getting Shane Richardson, watch them go in club management !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
If the Tigers were on any sort of winner it will be getting Shane Richardson, watch them go in club management !!!
Richo will help get the Tigers heading towards winning another premiership and ensure that the club is always a top one. A pity we couldn't get him as his history of raising a club from the bottom to the top has been very good indeed.

Look I know that this article isn't anything to do with the Dragons and most on here would not care less about the goings on at the Tigers, but if Richo can get the Tigers up there and we continue to struggle, then he might be our answer sometime in the future if he is available.

What I am concerned about is the matter of the Tigers recruitment plans of which Richo has mentioned both Luai and Addin Fonua-Blake being on the hit list. If they get these two guys, then I'd say they will have good years from 2025 onwards.

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
Richo will help get the Tigers heading towards winning another premiership and ensure that the club is always a top one. A pity we couldn't get him as his history of raising a club from the bottom to the top has been very good indeed.

Look I know that this article isn't anything to do with the Dragons and most on here would not care less about the goings on at the Tigers, but if Richo can get the Tigers up there and we continue to struggle, then he might be our answer sometime in the future if he is available.

What I am concerned about is the matter of the Tigers recruitment plans of which Richo has mentioned both Luai and Addin Fonua-Blake being on the hit list. If they get these two guys, then I'd say they will have good years from 2025 onwards.
I would be VERY surprised if they got both players. Luai seems to be firming, but AFB too? I dunno

Dragon David

First Grade
I would be VERY surprised if they got both players. Luai seems to be firming, but AFB too? I dunno
I really hope not regarding AFB. It would be good for us to be able to get both of these guys ourselves but I'd be stoked if we just get AFB. Don't forget that Penrith still has a lot to say regarding Luai. I know that they need to watch their dollars and cents particularly after winning 3 premierships in a row that their squad of players prices have all gone up and some players need to go but wouldn't you think that the pairing of Luai and Cleary would be an ongoing thing for some years at Penrith and that they should cut a couple of their other "not so important" players from the salary bucket to keep Luai?

BLM01

First Grade
Agree but I will stand by an average of 1.125m a year for AFB for 4 yrs for a front rower is a big risk based on 1 years performance in a team that just lifted under a fresh new voach
similar paying 1mill x 6 for Hunt from 2018 hoping he would be the messiah

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors
I've literally been comparing the state of each clubs roster rebuild (i.e. we are 2yrs behind them at a minimum)... in terms of success is a different discussion, we are banking on Flanno being 3x the coach Benji is.. and hopefully that ends up a reality.. and then throw in todays news.. a new CEO/Board has to set the Tigers back in the shortterm.
You’re assuming a rebuild takes a specific time period. Right coach, right mindset, a few good/smart signings…

Latest posts