What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
I’m not up to speed, but from a distance, I honestly thought Deano had some merit as a Strike forward. He could kick in play was my main recollection and was a bonus threat.

So dadlink or not, I quite liked his game.

I was referring to the future rather than the past but it's connected. D.Young played OK but what used to make me angry back then - 2006 onwards I guess - was him being handed a starting jersey while better forwards were stuck in reserves, I always thought he got an undeserved free ride thanks to Albert.

since77

Juniors
I was referring to the future rather than the past but it's connected. D.Young played OK but what used to make me angry back then - 2006 onwards I guess - was him being handed a starting jersey while better forwards were stuck in reserves, I always thought he got an undeserved free ride thanks to Albert.
Wow. Seriously? Thats probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on this forum, and that’s saying something.
Bennett loved him as a player. That’s enough for me.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Who do you believe were the better forwards in reserve grade?

redv13

Bench
Can’t agree with this one sorry. Young was all heart, week after week and deserved a starting gig even when he was on one leg.
Played for Australia, NSW, Country and over 200 games for our club. He was no wood duck

TheRev

First Grade
There would have been something that triggered that rumour.. maybe we asked politely and were shutdown.. or some rumour about discontent if he has missed a starting jersey to Cogger.. im always curious about these things.

Parko1310

Juniors
Slothfield: dribbles some garbage
Our coach: not true
Player manager: not true
Forum: it’s happening, lock it in 100%
To be fair here, don't think I've seen anyone indicate they think it's happening. Some, including myself, have shared their liking for the player and how it could work in our team IF it were true. Personally, I like the player and would welcome him in our team. I don't think it will happen though. It's a rumours thread, not an official signings thread

Victoire

Juniors
I'm going to join the pile on here and declare this opinion straight-up wrong. Dean Young played for Country, NSW, Australia and won a comp - and he did them all post-2006

kit66

Bench
I'm going to join the pile on here and declare this opinion straight-up wrong. Dean Young played for Country, NSW, Australia and won a comp - and he did them all post-2006

Fair enough, you guys love D.Young but I don't, so cry all you want :p. And he played 1 game for Aust and 1 SOO and 1 for Country, big deal. You guys are thinking of 2010 I bet and forgetting all the years before that when Deano was basically just stinking the place up being a barely usefull 2nd rower or a useless hooker - honestly, most of his career he was just another Jake Marketo who just happened to have his dad to keep him in the team.
I can't remember which players he kept out of the team specifically, I just remember being pissed off about it at the time and discussing it with mates, wondering why him when there's better available week after week.

I also don't like what his father has done to the club, he's a huge part of the reason StGI are where they are and if he gets his way his son will one day carry on his appalling legacy.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
When I think about Deano, one thing pops into my head:

When he scored that try on GF day and then pulling on that beautiful emblem on his jersey.
yeh, i think of the game at the SCG in front of 40,000 that year against Easts. He did the same thing if i remember correctly. Ben Creagh also scored a wonderful runaway try. Funny always thought we’d win it that year after that game.

Victoire

Juniors
Fair enough, you guys love D.Young but I don't, so cry all you want :p. And he played 1 game for Aust and 1 SOO and 1 for Country, big deal. You guys are thinking of 2010 I bet and forgetting all the years before that when Deano was basically just stinking the place up being a barely usefull 2nd rower or a useless hooker - honestly, most of his career he was just another Jake Marketo who just happened to have his dad to keep him in the team.
I can't remember which players he kept out of the team specifically, I just remember being pissed off about it at the time and discussing it with mates, wondering why him when there's better available week after week.

I also don't like what his father has done to the club, he's a huge part of the reason StGI are where they are and if he gets his way his son will one day carry on his appalling legacy.
Oh cool.. he's doubling down with no real argument aside from a feeling he had