What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Everyone expressing concern that Luciano will be getting paid too much money and his length if contract is too long may not have to worry - Hooper (yes I know) is reporting that the Raiders have now emerged as the frontrunners for his signature. Dragons miss another one or are people relieved that we won't be paying him too much for too long? (If it turns out that way).

Oops, double post (mods, please delete this post of mine. Thank you).

mickeylane

Bench
I really cant see us missing out here...the playing squad here seems to be his cup of tea....I also think the fact that he was in our club w manager in tow on Wed to get a deal done speaks of the direction he wants to take...this only this falls over if Dragons dont offer reasonable contract money..i think we land on a 3 year deal w an option probably at $750K a season

The cap increase was 25%, so 700k in old terms is 875k. Even in the old terms, 700k is too much for Luc these days. A string of off field incidents + his lack of dedication have lowered his value for mine.

Old cap terms he should be valued now at about 600k-650k. Let's go with 650k just to see what the most he should be earning is.

650k + 25% increase = Luc's value in new cap = 812,500k p/a. His asking price is too much, even if you keep him on 700k + 25% increase. He is asking for a pay rise for performing poorly and behaving poorly off the field. Add to that he wants a long term contract. Absolutely no way.

The Hooper article states that:
"The Cowboys forward is on the big money deal after gaining a 15 per cent pay rise when the NRL’s collective bargaining agreement was finalised last year." So 700K yesterday = 700K today. The only sticking point should be the length of contract.

If we really want Leilua - swap Maccas for Aporto -
Just ask brother Joey how he got so fat at the Tigers. Bondi Burgers!

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors
Triple M reported just now that we are still the front runners due to Leilua wanting to move back to Sydney , max we are gonna offer him according to them is 700
What a surprise a more reliable source comes out and completely shuts down what Hooper says. Absolutely hilarious.
At 700k, I think Lucy is a good buy
Agreed.
I really cant see us missing out here...the playing squad here seems to be his cup of tea....I also think the fact that he was in our club w manager in tow on Wed to get a deal done speaks of the direction he wants to take...this only this falls over if Dragons dont offer reasonable contract money..i think we land on a 3 year deal w an option probably at $750K a season
Tartak trying to take the Dragons for another ride with the BS $900k asking price and then trying to make it out like Raiders are the front runners because we won't match the price. Hoops, who never gets any scoops has written it up blindly thinking he's got an exclusive. Oh Hoops, you've done it again. Leilua wants to be in Sydney, the Dragons hold the power. If he won't accept our deal, then enjoy Canberra mate, for what realistically is probably 50k extra as there's no way they're offering 900k either.

TheRev

First Grade
Tartak has Leilua, Bird, Saab, Suli, BMM, Amone, Sullivan, Tuitavake, Soward, like hes in and around our club, but 3 of those players have now left, and BMM will be on his way out after 2024 also, bird probably a year after that... so he has a few names but he doesnt own us by any stretch.

I've always thought that players should be contracted with the NRL and Clubs should rent those players under a cap/auction system.
That’s a fascinating idea.

I’m going to think about it and design a system around it. I’ll post it and see what you think.

Player has to come up with a bond as well.

So lack of effort or anti-club statements, you lose your bond before you go back to nrl supermarket.

Protection for players who are trying hard but just can’t cut it.

possm

Coach
That’s a fascinating idea.

I’m going to think about it and design a system around it. I’ll post it and see what you think.

Player has to come up with a bond as well.

So lack of effort or anti-club statements, you lose your bond before you go back to nrl supermarket.

Protection for players who are trying hard but just can’t cut it.
All TPA are organised by player managerss and the NRL. They move with the player.

In the case of no-fault stand-downs, the NRL takes back the player, and the club rents another player.

In the case of serious injury, the club can hand back the player and rent another.

The NRL insures all players against injury.

The rental price is set by the market in an auction environment.

The NRL contract price is set by a salary increment price developed by the NRL and players's association.

Gardenia

Juniors
Everyone expressing concern that Luciano will be getting paid too much money and his length if contract is too long may not have to worry - Hooper (yes I know) is reporting that the Raiders have now emerged as the frontrunners for his signature. Dragons miss another one or are people relieved that we won't be paying him too much for too long? (If it turns out that way).
either way I am just over the journalists doing this to us. Its like school yard bullying now laughing at the different kid that no one wants to play with

the joke is getting old

I hope the boys use this as motivation to absolutely SMASH other teams this year. If they cant win then at least give them some nice little bruises or injuries.

Last edited:

maestro1

Bench
What a surprise a more reliable source comes out and completely shuts down what Hooper says. Absolutely hilarious.

Agreed.

Tartak trying to take the Dragons for another ride with the BS $900k asking price and then trying to make it out like Raiders are the front runners because we won't match the price. Hoops, who never gets any scoops has written it up blindly thinking he's got an exclusive. Oh Hoops, you've done it again. Leilua wants to be in Sydney, the Dragons hold the power. If he won't accept our deal, then enjoy Canberra mate, for what realistically is probably 50k extra as there's no way they're offering 900k either.

Hoops is sh+t

Hoops is sh+t
He doesn’t always keep up with vanilla dragons stuff.

He didn’t know for example that Mary and BJ went off on that United States junket after the side came second last.
The big sports management conference, San Fran, Man United and SGI rubbing shoulders at the bistro.

Terrible PR.

And when they got back, eveyone was expecting some kind of intense new training regime, more and better plays, new and better mouthguards, In fact anything at all to improve the side.

And the only thing poor Mary came back with was “rookies again”

Tens of thousands spent on airfares, conferences, accommodations etc.
It was the spark that was going to light the inferno of a golden age of SGI dominance.

But ye old Hoops wasn’t up to speed.

Last edited:
Douhie came out a few years ago and wanted 900.

He settled on 600-629 depending on who one believes…lol.

He later came up with some post stuff he had to delete. He made unnecessary enemies.

$300k smack in the head for being a greedy merkin.

Raiders playing for Lucy, because they probably need him or like to reach finals.

NQ can rightfully feel aggrieved.

Last edited: