What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
@randomdragon

mate is this true the below re $30k a game in NSW Cup and or Qld Cup ????

seems outrageous vs TT and the Sal Cap ????

"Pangai jnr has held preliminary talks with the Broncos, who are open to keeping salary cap space and a roster spot free for him pending his form and fitness.
Any deal would need the NRL’s salary cap auditor to approve a nominal value for Pangai jnr’s signing, which would likely be based on his most recent $750,000 salary and potentially break down to just under $30,000 per game."
Guys hearing Broncos rake COREY PAIX , again on the outer having been left out of their squad for Vegas ...Could represent a value signing and handy back up to Liddle

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Is this how desperate they want to get rid of him? I hope the Dragons have done their due diligence, medical, other possible offences, baggage??
I have the same reservations DD- this is not a guy whose behaviour suggests he can behave and settle at a club. Family illness has been raised as a reason for his return so there may be a valid excuse this time- as always, time will tell. Also wondering if Dean Young's relationship with him was a factor in the Dragons taking the plunge.

justadragon

Bench
SMH reporting the Leilua signing too, but I can't access its text (sorry) -

Also reading in this article that TPJ has made a comeback to RL, man that boxing career sure lasted a while, if there was ever something to be investigated this would be it, and yet we are up in arms about LL and his low range drink driving, I dont condone it but ffs where are the priorities. I think the integrity unit themselves should be investigated.

TheRev

First Grade
Guys hearing Broncos rake COREY PAIX , again on the outer having been left out of their squad for Vegas ...Could represent a value signing and handy back up to Liddle
I am almost positive that Flanno still has his ear to the ground for a backup hooker.. we were chasing Woolford only a few weeks ago.. I can only assume Mulheissen is no longer in the equation (could be wrong). There is noone else in the system bar maybe HFinau.

We would have to pay out another player, but I believe the cap space is still there.. and plenty of players are on their last 12 months with us (russell, turner, feagais, mulheissen).

Clubs need 29 (of 30) to start the season, but I mean it could also be an early season roster change.

jak

Bench
can someone please let me know what is going on with hame sele, is he getting over some sort of operation or ongoing injury that i have missed reading about and if so when is he due back.

jak

Bench
now that JWH has announced what we all thought anyway that this is to be his last year, it seemed strange to me that they did not try to replace him with AFB, or do the chooks no something others dont.

randomdragon

Juniors
@randomdragon

mate is this true the below re $30k a game in NSW Cup and or Qld Cup ????

seems outrageous vs TT and the Sal Cap ????

"Pangai jnr has held preliminary talks with the Broncos, who are open to keeping salary cap space and a roster spot free for him pending his form and fitness.
Any deal would need the NRL’s salary cap auditor to approve a nominal value for Pangai jnr’s signing, which would likely be based on his most recent $750,000 salary and potentially break down to just under $30,000 per game."
That is what they value TPJ at. Most NSW cup signed players get paid match payments

dungay dragon

Juniors
I am almost positive that Flanno still has his ear to the ground for a backup hooker.. we were chasing Woolford only a few weeks ago.. I can only assume Mulheissen is no longer in the equation (could be wrong). There is noone else in the system bar maybe HFinau.

We would have to pay out another player, but I believe the cap space is still there.. and plenty of players are on their last 12 months with us (russell, turner, feagais, mulheissen).

Clubs need 29 (of 30) to start the season, but I mean it could also be an early season roster change.
Im certain he is
Paix is a tough no nonsense player with good ball speed from dummy half
Broncos have to find room now for Pangai ...all fits
Like to be proven wrong but CM not the answer
some of the minnows would be quickly deleted from our top 30 if necessary

possm

Coach
Im certain he is
Paix is a tough no nonsense player with good ball speed from dummy half
Broncos have to find room now for Pangai ...all fits
Like to be proven wrong but CM not the answer
some of the minnows would be quickly deleted from our top 30 if necessary
I would rather we snatch Pangai Jr to complete our lprop rotation and move either Hunt or Flannagan to the hooker rotation with Liddle.

Pangai Jr gives us the mongrel, toughness, and size we still need in our prop rotation. That we complete our forward pack deficiency.

We need to bring a young 6 into the 17 so, by moving Flannagan or Hunt to hooker makes way for such a player.

We have a dynamic young fullback in Rumble playing in reserve grade. Given Sloan's display in the Charity Shield last week, it is time to have Sloan upgrade his skills in reserve grade and at the same time, take a closer look at Rumble in the NRL environment. I have great wraps on this young fullback. He has size, confidence, and a fearless attitude towards his duties at fullback.

TheRev

First Grade
Pangai Jr wont come here, its too close to the Bulldogs experience for him (and he can claim homesick etc), but its an absolute rort that the Dogs were able to get him off their books for 2024.

The other thing is we have about 5 props that could play that last prop position on the bench.. plus younger ones.. we do need an alpha prop.. but with hooker we are stretched, 1 injury and GG to our season.. there is noone pushing through..

I think we go for the Hooker asap, and its possible we need to go after a fullback of some sort and I think we will always have our eyes out for that alpha prop.

The best aspect of signing Luc so far, is the positive affect on these threads.
Hopefully, that will translate on the field.

I do have concerns regarding back up half/hooker options but, in the spirit of this newfound positivity………

Kyle Flanagan is NOT a pedestrian NRL player as many seem to suggest.
(Refer Aunty G’s Kyle F charity shield analysis – excellent)

He's not as flamboyant as some but he works hard, gives 100%, he’s an excellent goal kicker and punches well above his weight in defense. Can't say that about quite a few NRL players.

He’s a noted structured half that will do well when partnering a more creative half like Bunt. Flanno junior possesses decent creativity which will only shine behind a dominant pack rolling forward, which we now seem to have bar, perhaps, an additional quality bookend.

Kyle will keep the opposition in two minds defending and we will have attacking options left and right. Ultimately, he’ll prove to be the perfect foil for Bunt once our beloved captain twigs.

P.S I tried to concentrate fully on KF watching the shield, but bloody 'Eyes&Hoof' made it difficult. He is an excellent Aquisition both on and off the field.

possm

Coach
The best aspect of signing Luc so far, is the positive affect on these threads.
Hopefully, that will translate on the field.

I do have concerns regarding back up half/hooker options but, in the spirit of this newfound positivity………

Kyle Flanagan is NOT a pedestrian NRL player as many seem to suggest.
(Refer Aunty G’s Kyle F charity shield analysis – excellent)

He's not as flamboyant as some but he works hard, gives 100%, he’s an excellent goal kicker and punches well above his weight in defense. Can't say that about quite a few NRL players.

He’s a noted structured half that will do well when partnering a more creative half like Bunt. Flanno junior possesses decent creativity which will only shine behind a dominant pack rolling forward, which we now seem to have bar, perhaps, an additional quality bookend.

Kyle will keep the opposition in two minds defending and we will have attacking options left and right. Ultimately, he’ll prove to be the perfect foil for Bunt once our beloved captain twigs.

P.S I tried to concentrate fully on KF watching the shield, but bloody 'Eyes&Hoof' made it difficult. He is an excellent Aquisition both on and off the field.
I tend to agree that Kyle could just be the halfback we are looking for. But in fitness Kylle's father the coach, prefers Hunt and selects Kyle at 6, a position I believe he is not suited to.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I would rather we snatch Pangai Jr to complete our lprop rotation and move either Hunt or Flannagan to the hooker rotation with Liddle.

Pangai Jr gives us the mongrel, toughness, and size we still need in our prop rotation. That we complete our forward pack deficiency.

We need to bring a young 6 into the 17 so, by moving Flannagan or Hunt to hooker makes way for such a player.

We have a dynamic young fullback in Rumble playing in reserve grade. Given Sloan's display in the Charity Shield last week, it is time to have Sloan upgrade his skills in reserve grade and at the same time, take a closer look at Rumble in the NRL environment. I have great wraps on this young fullback. He has size, confidence, and a fearless attitude towards his duties at fullback.
Would love a committed TPJ in our ranks but unlikely
told the world he hates Sydney , but he was also quiting rugby league
would swap Sloan for Sailor in a heartbeat ..Matured as a player much quicker and can cover multiple positions
Still desperately need a hard nosed no nonsense prop to compliment our roster
Max King or Tyrell May , perhaps ......

FlickFlano

Juniors
I think the Roosters will keep May given they announced Hargraves is gone next year..

So we are still chasing a big middle.. and so are the dogs..
Are we though … to me our pack is there … you could add another middle in for Fifita but that has a negative impact on pathways/development

I think the real holes now are retention not recruitment in the pack

1/6/7/9
and a winger

Last edited: