What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
And there were about 10,000 posts on the forum saying Hunt should be dropped for Sullivan. Lucky Flanagan, like all good coaches, pays no attention to the fans.
Yep, pretty unbelievable that was ever a debate. Hunt, the best player and best halfback at the club, moved for someone like Sullivan. Sure, Sullivan has plenty of talent, but he's shown no sign of living up to it and if he continues on this trajectory will actually be a poor NRL player. The funny thing is, the Tigers are overpaying and no one will sign him on that contract which will see one of Fainu/Galvin leave after Luai gets there, who are on better trajectories. Hilarious stuff

TheRev

First Grade
Buzz slothfield…
SHOOSH
Which NRL club is showing interest in a possible swap deal for Dragons star Zac Lomax? And it’s not the Eels. The Dragons could potentially finish up with a handy front-rower.
from the JA thread, this is an interesting one, but I think Rothfield is just mashing the Nelson and Lomax story together for clicks&giggles.. cause although someone like Nelson would be huge for us.. we actually have some prop depth.. but we have zilch fullback depth.. and even wing is a little light on.. even without injuries. So I just dont think a swap is in our best interests.. so 2025 might be different... but not 2024.

BLM01

First Grade
from the JA thread, this is an interesting one, but I think Rothfield is just mashing the Nelson and Lomax story together for clicks&giggles.. cause although someone like Nelson would be huge for us.. we actually have some prop depth.. but we have zilch fullback depth.. and even wing is a little light on.. even without injuries. So I just dont think a swap is in our best interests.. so 2025 might be different... but not 2024.
It could be the Roosters and the front rower is May

Draginzaaar

Bench
Yep and of course the interview for Souths supporters was all about Latrell not the team.
No big issue of course, some have accidentally done that sort of stuff before but I reckon under the current PC NRL perfect role model machine that was a "Grade 2 Intentional", big fine and 4 weeks :)
Just waiting for the outraged and media mob to say how that is not a good look for all those eyes on the game and throw daggers at him. If the shoe fits....na all we get is crickets
It is Latrell and a struggling Souths. I can see the broom and carpet lifting slightly now
Just imagine if a fringe player did that or dare I say it a Dragon player ;) . Ch9 and Fox would be in meltdown
MMM are in meltdown. They cut him off and Anthony Maroon (a Souths supporter) is pissed off big time.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I suppose todays game sums up why Flanno wasnt too fussed about letting him go. And the thoughts of Sullivan being a better half under Benji doesnt look like its amounting to much, he's not even doing the basics right. I wish him all the best, but my advice to him would be stop trying to be a show pony.
Sezer will start next week and Bud will be playing reserve grade.

BLM01

First Grade
MMM are in meltdown. They cut him off and Anthony Maroon (a Souths supporter) is pissed off big time.
MMM had to. It was their interview that went to air. Few other radio stations have their say but also verging on "ÿou stick a mic in a player after a game that is what you get". I agree with that but
Regardless he did it on purpose and brought the game into disrepute. That is what is now under rug but Leniu one word goes on for nearly 2 weeks now and he got the media called feel good reactive 8 week suspension

Last edited:

maestro1

Bench
They won't do anything about Mitchel. Political correctness will protect him. I believe he should get a whack as he did it on purpose and then said he doesn't care.
If the NRL do nothing then they are a joke especially after the Leniu fiasco.

Yes, he isn't wearing a Dragons jumper. Still remember Tyson Frizzell wearing the Big RedV and accidently, slightly touching the ref and being the only player to ever be suspended for it.

BLM01

First Grade
They won't do anything about Mitchel. Political correctness will protect him. I believe he should get a whack as he did it on purpose and then said he doesn't care.
Agree. It was Ok for Mitchell to call out Leniu and demand this and that before he had his day in the media..oops ...NRL court

Jim Dragons

Juniors
l believe you could say that Mitchel will escape punishment two weeks in a row. He should have been hauled up for his comments about the Leniu case - which went too far and slandered him guilty before Leniu entered a plea. It happens way too often.
Just on happening too often... am l the only one getting sick of players laying down (all clubs including us). The NRL brought in a rule a season or 2 back to send players 'laying down' to the sideline - l believe that is the answer... coaches will whinge a treat "we won't have any players on the field if the referees continue play this path" (come on you all saw Ricky spitting a dummy saying that - didn't you). But sure as eggs the smart coaches will look to get quicker flow on their sets by telling players no more laying down - its cost us too much !!!
AND l believe that the RLPA should have a stance on this too... it paints their clients in a bad light and costs other players game time because of these actions.

Just on happening too often... am l the only one getting sick of players laying down (all clubs including us). The NRL brought in a rule a season or 2 back to send players 'laying down' to the sideline - l believe that is the answer... coaches will whinge a treat "we won't have any players on the field if the referees continue play this path" (come on you all saw Ricky spitting a dummy saying that - didn't you). But sure as eggs the smart coaches will look to get quicker flow on their sets by telling players no more laying down - its cost us too much !!!
AND l believe that the RLPA should have a stance on this too... it paints their clients in a bad light and costs other players game time because of these actions.

Latest posts