What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

The Word

Juniors
Massive.

Our bad losses have been on the back on NOT being able to gain field position when on the back foot, and not having a clutch playmaker. We are in games with the cattle we have for 30-40 minutes. Look at metres gained per set, and you will see at the back end of games we are ineffective.

We just dont have the depth of metre eaters we need. It wont solve all our issues but it will be a great improvement.
For me it's a continuation of the policy of replacing players with other players who are slightly better. We're improving the squad by increments. If the big dogs won't come, no need to panic. Either this year or next we will make the 8. And then the better players will start to take us seriously.

Thank god we didn't go for Stefano.

I didn't see the game but I've heard this said now by a few different people. I'll be sure to watch him closely next time but I feel it is just easy to say when the Tigers are just floundering.

He does have a good reputation in the media at least. He looks like a powerful athlete to me. and here's the crux of it... Stefano will probably end up a top 4 team and, like any player playing under a good coach and amongst other elite players he will probably thrive and go to the next level. This is the horrible dichotomy in the game now where the weak (us) stay downtrodden and the dominant get stronger.

And we will just be even more bitter then.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Talagi is the prize signing. If we can get a couple of front rowers that can get good meters and then throw in the class of Talagi that will get us in the right direction. Big Nelson Solomana and Cambel Gillard would be tremendous. Maybe Siafiti but I am not sure with those brothers.

TheRev

First Grade
Hopefully we got him.. and we arent agruing too much about dollars and cents..

Hes the sort of talent we can hope that a good off-season and a fresh-start will kick back into gear.. and the key is @28 and experienced... he will be rdy to fire in 2025, not 'maybe' in 3yrs time.. but anyway lets wait and see if the deal is done first.

musso

Juniors

Mickov

Juniors
Talagi is the prize signing. If we can get a couple of front rowers that can get good meters and then throw in the class of Talagi that will get us in the right direction. Big Nelson Solomana and Cambel Gillard would be tremendous. Maybe Siafiti but I am not sure with those brothers.
Hearing that he will re-sign with Parra soon unfortunately, younger brother was just picked in Australian schoolboys team and also signed with Parra...

since77

Juniors
At the very worst Daniel S would be a solid incremental improvement on what we have now. If Flanno can revitalise his form it could be a substantial improvement. Can't see any downside to it if it happens. Certainly need a better front row rotation than what we have now. Also sends Lawrie further down the pecking order.

dungay dragon

Juniors
At the very worst Daniel S would be a solid incremental improvement on what we have now. If Flanno can revitalise his form it could be a substantial improvement. Can't see any downside to it if it happens. Certainly need a better front row rotation than what we have now. Also sends Lawrie further down the pecking order.
Needs forwards that arent rag dolled by the opposition
Safiti wont be
Lawrie unlikely to be picked up NRL ..Catalans Bound ??

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Hearing that he will re-sign with Parra soon unfortunately, younger brother was just picked in Australian schoolboys team and also signed with Parra...
If true, and with a younger brother at the club and "new broom" Ryles at the helm it makes sense to me. It also makes the Dragons decision to not try harder to keep the explosive Tamale even more mystifying. Meanwhile the less than memorable Max Feagai Keeps on getting selected. His back up for 2025- Jack Bird!! If I'm Rava, I'm not sure I want to come back to the NRL to play outside these worthies.
Canberra now the exit destination now for so many of our disgruntled/unwanted promising backs.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Would we like to see an unwanted Bud come back?

If it was reported accurately, he signed a 4 year deal for $22m, and is now unwanted.

Young halves take time to develop. I think he has potential and is coach-able. Problem is, Flange Jnr would have to make way or job split. But Bud/Jnr as 14 for a season until Hunt is gone is appealing. Hunt ageing and may miss a few games with Origin and injury too (he's never had a bad run with injury that I can recall).

I'd like to see what we could do with him if we got him back for the remaining 3 years of his Tigers contract and only had to pay $250k/year for him.

If it was reported accurately, he signed a 4 year deal for $22m, and is now unwanted.

Young halves take time to develop. I think he has potential and is coach-able. Problem is, Flange Jnr would have to make way or job split. But Bud/Jnr as 14 for a season until Hunt is gone is appealing. Hunt ageing and may miss a few games with Origin and injury too (he's never had a bad run with injury that I can recall).

I'd like to see what we could do with him if we got him back for the remaining 3 years of his Tigers contract and only had to pay $250k/year for him.
We need to move forward, not backwards (just my thoughts)!

HenryTatana

Juniors

You can’t have bud as a 14 when you have Liddle and Cookie as the 14.