What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
do u think some of it is due to new teams coming in and the impact of the dolphins
Hmmm I mean it makes logical sense for clubs to be constantly managing that cap.. players in, players out.. maybe the market is just that tight now.... the Knights/Cowboys also seem to have problems being over the cap for 2025.. though the Cowboys issues are basically caused by too many gun juniors forcing their way in over their existing stars.... pr*cks.

The 3 new clubs scare the crap out of me though.. I have no idea where those players are going to be coming from (just hope we are more attractive a destination before they start competing in the recruitment market), in particular I wonder where all the halfbacks will come from...

Dragon David

First Grade
So instead of being a wooden spooner again after this year, Stefano will play finals footy for as long as he is in the good books with Bellyache at the Storm. The only time the Storm won't make the top 8 is when Bellyache isn't there as head coach. But wait, he will be there in the background if not the coach and his presence is enough to get the boys playing to his ways.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Yeah, the Couchmen have definitely put on weight & grown in confidence since 2023. Also, great to remember they’re not 21 for another 6 weeks.
its insane actually

can you name more than a handful of props in the NRL starting at 19yrs old and only 98kg when 19yrs of age and tall............they are absolutely outliers

you would hazard a guess 101/102kg now

?

shiloh dc

Juniors
So instead of being a wooden spooner again after this year, Stefano will play finals footy for as long as he is in the good books with Bellyache at the Storm. The only time the Storm won't make the top 8 is when Bellyache isn't there as head coach. But wait, he will be there in the background if not the coach and his presence is enough to get the boys playing to his ways.
No - since 2003 - the only time the Storm don't make the Top 8 is when they are caught cheating - ala 2010. One could wildly extrapolate that when the Storm don't make the Top 8 - the Dragons win the Title.
Sure Stefano may be going for less - but the Storm ownership can open many doors to make up the difference.

Dragon David

First Grade
And lets not forget, the only way they got caught cheating last time was that someone accidently stumbled across the second and third contracts. Maybe they've simply learnt from that mistake.
You would think so wouldn't you Gippsy!! Maybe they have other "ways" so no-one will be able to stumble across them.

RedVee

First Grade
The Storm hey. They don't miss their target when they want. That club seems to always be in the top 8 and most probably for many years to come which is not fair and not good for the NRL in my opinion. Damn them and the Dogs and the Roosters and....
Stefano must have worked out he can afford to move his mother in law to Melbourne nearby to help his Mrs with the kid/s

Dragon David

First Grade
I guess I cannot complain that clubs like the Storm keep getting into finals each year for years when the Dragons had that golden period and many years after that so it will be our turn again one day. Just have to be patient as they say.

Not sure if it has already been posted here, but the Telegraph is reporting that the Dragons are talking with 3 players who are under contract with other clubs for 2025 or beyond.
So as well as Safiti and Holmes, RCG is also being looked at for 2025.

redv13

Bench
Not sure if it has already been posted here, but the Telegraph is reporting that the Dragons are talking with 3 players who are under contract with other clubs for 2025 or beyond.
So as well as Safiti and Holmes, RCG is also being looked at for 2025.
I’ll be very happy to land those 3 plus cookie for 2025. Now time to lose Lawrie and Bird and maybe grab Averillo from the dolphins.