What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

since77

Juniors
dont really understand why they would want to throw more big coin after they finally freed some up with Val.. but there are other clubs who will be hunting like dogs and tigers.. rcg prob on very good coin though..

Sounds like it is the 2yr vs 3yr thing again.. story of a few of our signings.. Flanno wants em hungry and his roster fluid.
Our front row is our achilles heel. We need someone better than what we have. If there were anyone I'd be prepared to risk 3 years on out of the three names we're hearing about - RCG, Saifiti and Horsborough - RCG would be the one I'd be most prepared to take a punt on even knowing that year 3 might be a risk. Without improvements in the front row we'll be fringe 8th / 9th again next year. The only way we move up the ladder is with better middles.

TruSaint

Referee
Our front row is our achilles heel. We need someone better than what we have. If there were anyone I'd be prepared to risk 3 years on out of the three names we're hearing about - RCG, Saifiti and Horsborough - RCG would be the one I'd be most prepared to take a punt on even knowing that year 3 might be a risk. Without improvements in the front row we'll be fringe 8th / 9th again next year. The only way we move up the ladder is with better middles.

Good call.
We need a few bigger bods in the middle. Apart from Francis we dont really have impact up front.

Interesting viewing Payton cowboys pressor conforming Val Holmes exit
No mention of chasing RCG for next year but extending McLean and Feldt , as well as Cotter and Robson , plus their juniors
Looking more likely RCG will land here
Think you are on the money @Dungay D with the call on RCG.
Big balancing act with salary cap management, so he will struggle to get a 3 year deal at any club.
I think Flanagan will get his way with the deal being for 2 years.
Looks like it will become a juggling act, but we are likely to get 2/3 from RCG, Safiti and Horsburgh.
From a number of reports, the order of preference seems to be RCG, Horsburgh then Safiti.

TheRev

Coach
Just realised I may have made it sound like we shouldnt be taking on the RCG contract, I meant the cows.. they needed money to sure up all those up and comers plus supposedly they were going to be over the cap in 2025, so im not sure paying overs for an old prop is something in their interest...

Different story for us, 100% agree we need better forwards and we have cash to burn.. the better our pack goes the better we go, regardless of how well the backline fares.

possm

Coach
I'd say the signing RCG and Saifiti is key to our success for 2025. Our front row has been a problem for the last few years. We have the dollars so let's go. 3 years for RCG is not a problem.