What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
Interesting Read did say he believed a deal was done but maybe that’s just his speculation
It sounds like the deal is done and he knows.. but nothing is official yet. I would like to hear more, might even tune into 360 against by better judgement.

It is unusual for us though to be not dragging out a negotiation though.. perhaps Flanno wanted this one wrapped up, we cant rly afford to be without some forward improvements for 2025.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
It sounds like the deal is done and he knows.. but nothing is official yet. I would like to hear more, might even tune into 360 against by better judgement.

It is unusual for us though to be not dragging out a negotiation though.. perhaps Flanno wanted this one wrapped up, we cant rly afford to be without some forward improvements for 2025.
I imagine after the lack of grunt on display yesterday he took his pen and contract with him to the meet up :)

since77

Juniors

I'd officially call us desperate as far as replacing our front row stock goes. Holmes and Cook next year will help but we'll only get better as a whole if our front row drastically improves.
And please can I never see f#cking Lawrie in the Red V again???

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I'd officially call us desperate as far as replacing our front row stock goes. Holmes and Cook next year will help but we'll only get better as a whole if our front row drastically improves.

I think the couchmans will have rapid improvement over the off-season. Then you'll see the natural upward development of Loko too. I reckon F. Molo will need to show some big time improvement in the off-season to get regular 1st grade opportunities next year & Lawrie will predominantly play NSW Cup.

I can defs see our regular middle rotation as follows:

RCG/Sele/JDB/Couchmans/Loko

Then the likes of Molo, Eisenhuth, RFM, Lawrie as depth.

Wolfgang90

Juniors

Lawrie cops a lot of shit but Frank Molo has been worse imo. He's meant to kick on & push for rep honours but should be playing NSW cup. He misses tackles, runs hard once per half & too fatigued to put in defensive repeat efforts.

Lawrie at least tries, although he sucks but you can't question his commitment. Frank Molo has pretty much coasted since signing his contract extension.

TruSaint

Referee
Lawrie cops a lot of shit but Frank Molo has been worse imo. He's meant to kick on & push for rep honours but should be playing NSW cup. He misses tackles, runs hard once per half & too fatigued to put in defensive repeat efforts.

Lawrie at least tries, although he sucks but you can't question his commitment. Frank Molo has pretty much coasted since signing his contract extension.

Mate, i respect your opinion but F Molo is ten times the player Lawrie is. I love blocka, but this game is way too fast for him.

Lawrie should make a very good income abroad. The NRL is not his level.

Interesting Read did say he believed a deal was done but maybe that’s just his speculation
Sounds like Chammas was close to the mark on the weekend.
He reported that the Dragons were the only club that seemed to still be talking with RCG.
Also mentioned that the Dragons had only recently formally made an offer to him.
Might be wrong, but I will be surprised if Flanagan has offered him anything more than 2 years.
Hoping that once this deal is done, Flanagan can move straight onto creating more roster space with the moving on of at least another 3/4 players, first one to be Lawrie.

redv13

Bench

Well Frank went after a few of their forwards yesterday and put some hit’s on. Can’t say I’ve seen Lawrie do that for a very long time if ever. If you honestly think Lawrie is better than Frank then that’ll do me

JubileeJeffro

Juniors

Agree Molo is another who has gone backwards the back half of this year

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Part of the report I saw said Bird has been offered a 2 year deal by the Tigers for $800K, but the talks have stalled.
Flanagan is a genius if he can move on Lawrie and Bird this year, then let go of Hunt at the end of 2025.
no way are the tigers offering bird 800k, maybe 80k but not 800 haha

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Well Frank went after a few of their forwards yesterday and put some hit’s on. Can’t say I’ve seen Lawrie do that for a very long time if ever. If you honestly think Lawrie is better than Frank then that’ll do me

He made one hit and didn't even complete the tackle. I've also seen him rush out and completely miss then get lazy returning to the defensive line causing others to cover for him. They're as bad as each other.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Mate, i respect your opinion but F Molo is ten times the player Lawrie is. I love blocka, but this game is way too fast for him.

Lawrie should make a very good income abroad. The NRL is not his level.
Both as bad as each other. Lawrie avgs more rm, has same amount of tackles and more tackle breaks. Molo should be wiping the floor with Lawrie but is arguably worse. That's saying something...I'd love for Molo to surpass Lawrie but it hasn't happened.

Latest posts