What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
If Cobbo could have been bought as a fullback, I think he has a great frame for it... but I also agree he will really struggle out of brisbane, and I don't think he has the maturity for a spine/leadership role.. hence I dont think hes a good fit for us.. despite being an obviously huge upgrade talent wise. did he’s a perfect fit for us? I take him in a heartbeat. Great young powerful player may be the movie he needs.
For me, he’s the perfect fit for us great strong, powerful player. It’s a yes for me. It could be the move that he needs down in the Gong

justadragon

Bench
Latrell has been in Sydney environment for many years now
it’s only since his matured with a family and kids that seems to be having more indiscretions off the field as far back as the Covid violation
But is the Brisbane environment, which is not his direct home that much worse than Sydney?
Agree, I dont know exactly know what the problem is, if he gets managed properly maybe a move to the Gong is what he needs. Does anybody actually know what the drama is ?

BLM01

First Grade
I expect a huge miss will be Josh Schuster. What a bargain pickup for South’s at $140k for a year!! Surely he was worth the gamble. Time will tell, but I am pretty confident once his head is right he will be high quality next year covering 13 and 6
140,000. I don’t believe it should be that low.
How did the NRL sign off on that based on prior salaries and standing in the game? That’s a dodgy deal for me?
If he goes okay salary would jump up significantly for the following year.

TheRev

Coach
Coach needs to be able to give feedback to a player though.. I dont want a repeat of what we dealt with in Sloans first few years.. fans were obsessed that if he was dropped (for Ramsey at the time)... or spoken harshly too, he would drop his bundle, lose confidence and it was the coaches fault for ending his career..

I dont think there is room for 'delicate' in a 1st grade footy squad.. but tbf we are just going off 3rd party info.. and he has made it to origin & 1 aus game.. id like nothing more than actual quality in our squad... id just be surprised if he is a fit for us (from both sides of the equation.. seems more like a roosters special).

possm

Coach
Yes, it'll be hard to land a 7. We're probably looking at an O'Sullivan or Tannah Boyd.
I would imagine some of the idea to letting Hunt leave, will be forward paying some of his wage against our current players for 2025. It will leave more in the 2026 kitty to go hard at top-drawer half.
Not sure how much of the cap you can pre-pay, but it has been done before by the Knights
From what I understand it is not Saints kicking him out of the Club, it is Hunt wanting to leave. So, just terminate the contract and sign a new deal with whoever. If the Dolphins want him and O'Sullivan wants out, then the same applies. New contract.

Dragon David

First Grade

Trifili13

Juniors

Do you guys think that Flanno can do something with Valynce Te Whare. His biggest problem is keeping his weight down throughout the season. If he can do that and improve his fitness, he could be a game breaker for us.
We are not Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers

justadragon

Bench

Do you guys think that Flanno can do something with Valynce Te Whare. His biggest problem is keeping his weight down throughout the season. If he can do that and improve his fitness, he could be a game breaker for us.
It always worries me Dave when a Club coach cant get that club to pick him up and asks other clubs to do it.

mattw5

Juniors
Latrell has been in Sydney environment for many years now
it’s only since his matured with a family and kids that seems to be having more indiscretions off the field as far back as the Covid violation
But is the Brisbane environment, which is not his direct home that much worse than Sydney?
It's not the city environment its being close to family, Latrell gets leave of absence through the year to go back to Taree to be on his farm. I feel the same would be the case with Cobbo

Mojo

Bench
If the Centre of Excellence was such a struggle to even get started in the Gong, why didn’t we propose a redevelopment of Jubilee and the surrounds and base it there? Wouldn’t it make sense to have a special training facility in Kogarah and the stadium / home ground in the Gong?