What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Roosters did what they should have done to the Sharks, Yoshy.

They didn't have Gallen or Lewis and Fifita went off injured.

Yosh

Coach
The Roosters did what they should have done to the Sharks, Yoshy.

They didn't have Gallen or Lewis and Fifita went off injured.

The Sharks are missing quite a few, Graham, Robson as well. Also Ryan. However, to lose by 40 is pretty shocking...

Just did a ladder calculator

Had us beating the broncos twice, Eels and cowboys

That puts us in 6th spot on the ladder and a home final.. Obviously depending on other results.

Rod

Bench
I had yesterday pencilled in as a loss anyway so it's doesn't really affect my predictions, which still have us finishing 5th or 6th.

Maybe looking ahead a bit far but one of my worries is coming up against the Warriors in the first round, even if it is at Hunter. I don't think anyone would want to play them in the finals right now TBH. Would feel a lot more comfortable playing someone like the Raiders or Sharks if we earn ourselves a home final.

Jono078

Referee
The worry for me is that we are right on the edge of the 8. We need to win and hope some of those above us stumble now.

Apey

Staff member
For the lols, using NRL.com's ladder predictor and making each win by 1 point...

1. Souffs 44
2. Roosters 42
3. Storm 39
4. Manly 33
5. Knights 32
6. Dogs 32
7. Raiders 30
8. Sharks 28

9. Warriors 28
10. Titans 26
11. Panthers 24
12. Broncos 22
13. Dragons 20
14. Cowboys 18
15. Tigers 18
16. Eels 12

Thoughts
- Souffs beat Roosters in final round for MP
- Manly have a decent chance of dropping out of the top 4 imo, they play Souffs, Raiders in Canberra and Warriors in NZ... they weren't that great last night and realistically could lose all 3 of those games
- Obviously some bias for Knights, had us only losing against Storm, realistically we should beat Broncos x 2 and Eels as well as Cowboys who are utter shit atm if we want any chance in the finals, but Sharks is a tough ask and probably wishful thinking
- I gave the Eels a pity win over the Dragons

rnb11

Juniors
people are saying teams will prob need 30pts to make the 8 but i don't think so, 28 should still get you 8th with for and against and we have some of the best fa in the comp so hopefully 3 more wins from our last 6 will seal our spot and even better 4-5 will get us a home final. if we can't beat the broncos we dont deserve to be there tho.

Silent Knight

First Grade
How we managed to lose to the Dragons twice this year is beyond me. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.

Yosh

Coach
I think we'll make the eight for sure. Our for and against will get us there if we don't get enough wins. I still think we can get 5th or 6th.

Rod

Bench
I blame the Sharks game more on crap refereeing and Mullen being injured for the last 15.

Pretty sad losing to the Dragons twice though, although we never seem to beat them.

Swarzey

Bench
I blame the Sharks game more on crap refereeing and Mullen being injured for the last 15.

Pretty much. We weren't at our best, but then again, we did have Waddle.

As for the Dragons game, I thought they started the season strong so our loss didn't hurt that much, but losing to them at home was disgraceful.

rnb11

Juniors
i don' t reckon so.

we beat sharks and manly beat warriors and we have a 3 pt lead over the warriors with just 4 games to go. if raiders lose tomorrow to storm and roosters next week we will overtake them and be 1 pt out of the top 5-6. next week is do or die.

Swarzey

Bench
We can beat Cronulla. They weren't good against the Warriors and just got the win. We'll have Kade and Jimmy back. Hopefully without the short turn around we can get a strong week of training in and come out firing.

Latest posts