What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Scum' banner - when did NRL fans get so precious?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Roosters social media are allowed to run "love to hate" campaigns against us but a couple of our fans cant say the word "scum". Pathetic one sided coverage.

The roosters being the upper class latte set that they are have obviously got a hold of their corporate mates and used their influence to organise this hitjob on us in the media.

Sooking about the word "scum" is pathetic. If the banner went after someones skin colour or religion or family or was obscene in some way, that would be a reason to complain. "scum" is on the lighter end of the profanity scale. Harden the f**k up

ratsack2

Juniors
I actually thought the Banner was in very poor taste, but what made it funny was that Roosters smashed em good, bye bye souths cya next year

Charlie124

First Grade
I've got no real issues with the sign, although I think it would've been better without the "scum" at the start of it. To me, that part just sounds a bit juvenile and takes a bit of the sting out of it.

"Forever in our shadow" - clever, belittling.

"Scum: forever in our shadow" - little bit childish, name calling.

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters social media are allowed to run "love to hate" campaigns against us but a couple of our fans cant say the word "scum". Pathetic one sided coverage.

The roosters being the upper class latte set that they are have obviously got a hold of their corporate mates and used their influence to organise this hitjob on us in the media.

Sooking about the word "scum" is pathetic. If the banner went after someones skin colour or religion or family or was obscene in some way, that would be a reason to complain. "scum" is on the lighter end of the profanity scale. Harden the f**k up

Your owner had a sook about it :lol:

I've got no real issues with the sign, although I think it would've been better without the "scum" at the start of it. To me, that part just sounds a bit juvenile and takes a bit of the sting out of it.

"Forever in our shadow" - clever, belittling.

"Scum: forever in our shadow" - little bit childish, name calling.

I don't think the wittiness of the banner is really the issue at hand :p

Von

Juniors

Who is "sooking" about it?
If you cared to read this thread, virtually all Chooks fans find it amusing :), ironic :crazy: and flattering :cool: that Souffs fans try and suggest we live in your shadow. For a club with so much supposed history and pride, you sure worry a lot about us. You guys seriously care far more about us than we do about you.

And yes, it was YOUR owner and Greenburg that have caused this stink.

BTW, how did your owners ensure S.Burgess was not charged for being a grub 3 times in Friday's game??

BunniesMan

Immortal
1. HaC is also wrong. Would be good if he stood up for the fans instead of giving rubbish PC quotes to the media.
2. Greenberg has plenty of actual problems to deal with. He should get over this.

the dude

Juniors
1. HaC is also wrong. Would be good if he stood up for the fans instead of giving rubbish PC quotes to the media.
2. Greenberg has plenty of actual problems to deal with. He should get over this.

Agree. Souths annoyed me with their comments

Mick111

Juniors
FFS, are they not going to be happy till the crowd sit around drinking tea from China cups and politely clapping as players gently wrestle each to the ground.

Two Bags of cement Mr Greenburg!

Brutus

Referee
Big deal.

it was a good banner and a bit of fun. The NRL need to harden up. Friggin Richo threatening to strip the memberships off the banner guys is a joke.

Card Shark

Immortal
FFS, are they not going to be happy till the crowd sit around drinking tea from China cups and politely clapping as players gently wrestle each to the ground.

Two Bags of cement Mr Greenburg!

What is worse Todd, written or physical abuse??

fowlster

Juniors

scumBanner_zps09ea373b.jpg

Von

Juniors
Thanks Fowly.

My new screen saver.

CHIP indeed. No wonder Souffs were sponsored by Smiths Crisps for years!

MattJ

Juniors
Souths are as bad as the rest of the bleeding heart PC brigade slowly taking over the world.
Richo issued a statement last night saying something along the lines of they will be using cctv footage to find the "so-called" fans responsible for bringing the banner so they can revoke their club memberships.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbitohs-owner-peter-homes-a-court-slams-hardcore-souths-fans-over-roosters-scum-slur/story-fni3gki8-1226714995117?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailytelegraphnrlndm+%28Daily+Telegraph+%7C+NRL%29

Gus Worlands moral outrage has really annoyed me, what a hypocritical prick.

Scum is a word souths have used to describe the roosters for years, just as they have called us the vermin, its a part of the rivalry, if things get any more sanitized within R.L, its going to be so beige, it will become boring.

Last edited:

Packy

Bench
What an over reaction. It says more about the people holding the sign than those it was directed at.