What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Scum' banner - when did NRL fans get so precious?

GONZO72

Juniors
I thought the banner was hilarious. The people who made it, obviously were unaware of the last 5 decades of results. There is no team in Souths shadow, let alone the roosters, who have treated Souths with utter contempt for years.
Souths have been the laughing stock for 42 years, 5 decades of garbage. How they can use the word scum, beggars belief .
Souths have the chance in 2013 to finally achieve something for their long suffering supporters. Unfortunately it won't be this year

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
beggars belief .

pretty much sums up souffs fans..

606908-rabbitohs-fans.jpg

what pisses me off most about souffs fans is they could at least wash my window before asking me for $1..

Suitman

Post Whore
I thought the banner was hilarious. The people who made it, obviously were unaware of the last 5 decades of results. There is no team in Souths shadow, let alone the roosters, who have treated Souths with utter contempt for years.
Souths have been the laughing stock for 42 years, 5 decades of garbage. How they can use the word scum, beggars belief .
Souths have the chance in 2013 to finally achieve something for their long suffering supporters. Unfortunately it won't be this year

lol. Their banner has been proven a winner by this post alone.

This sort of stuff should be promoted, not banned, by the NRL. Within reason.
I used to think RL was a sport followed by passionate fans.
Nowadays, passionate fans are banned.
Who gives a f**k whether a few Souths fan think the Roosters are scum.
Couldn't believe that fat f**k from Souff's said they would find out who was responsible and revoke their memberships.

No wonder I'm following the Wanderers these days with more passion. At least they let me do it.

Are the powers that be just hoping that everyone stays at home and watches these games on tele?

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
and possibly because of their better winning record compared to the eels..

Actually, for the record, I love all sports. Except AFL.
Regardless of winning results, it's the game day experience as well.
The Eels have nothing on the Wanderers. Compare next seasons crowds and atmosphere.
Last weeks win against the Dragons was as boring a match as I've ever been to. And I've been an Eels fan for 35 years.

Suity

eozsmiles

Bench
Roosters social media are allowed to run "love to hate" campaigns against us but a couple of our fans cant say the word "scum". Pathetic one sided coverage.

The roosters being the upper class latte set that they are have obviously got a hold of their corporate mates and used their influence to organise this hitjob on us in the media.

Sooking about the word "scum" is pathetic. If the banner went after someones skin colour or religion or family or was obscene in some way, that would be a reason to complain. "scum" is on the lighter end of the profanity scale. Harden the f**k up

Fancy a Souths fan talking about the latte crowd and corporate mates.

The Armani Army still think they are battlers.

Loudstrat

Coach
l

No wonder I'm following the Wanderers these days with more passion. At least they let me do it.
Passion eh? I just thought you were effeminite.

The Eels have nothing on the Wanderers. Compare next seasons crowds and atmosphere.
And I've been an Eels fan for 35 years.
Here we go. Soccer fan thinking neo nazi chants = atmosphere. 35 years huh? You must have been reading your Johnny Warren book on this day....

926204-1981-grand-final.jpg

Two seasons after the Borederers stop winning, they will fold. Simple.

Canard

Immortal
Actually, for the record, I love all sports. Except AFL.
Regardless of winning results, it's the game day experience as well.
Last weeks win against the Dragons was as boring a match as I've ever been to. And I've been an Eels fan for 35 years.

Suity

Difference is the Eels will be around long after your gone.

Fads come and go.

RWB

Bench
lol just read Richardson's open letter to the fans.

Wasn't this the bloke who likened Parramatta to Alan Bond?

Who cares, honestly.

Tom Shines

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ner/story-fn2mcuj6-1226718565768#.UjKyacZmjTo

THIS is the man who called the Sydney Roosters scum.

Meet Chris Dounis, an online tutor with the Australian Fitness Network and a fierce South Sydney supporter.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Dounis is about to have his South Sydney membership officially torn up.

Dounis created a storm last Friday night when he raised an offensive banner at Allianz Stadium which read: "Scum: forever in our shadow."

Rabbitohs co-owner Peter Holmes a Court and the club immediately condemned the banner.

Typically, the NRL directed responses back to the club.

The Daily Telegraph contacted a surprised Dounis in Petersham on Wednesday.

"In the best interests of the club I don’t think I should be saying anything," Dounis said.

"It's best if I don’t. No comment. I have to run."

Dounis attended a meeting at Souths headquarters on Wednesday, where a punishment was discussed.

A couple of Dounis’s friends will also have their memberships cancelled.

"We found out yesterday who he was and he came into to see us at 8.30 this morning," a Souths official said.

"He has had his membership suspended and we are going through the process of eradicating it.

"We are going to ban him, no question about it.

"We have informed the NRL but there is a process to go through.

"We have also dealt with a few of his friends. We’re not happy about it."

The Australian Fitness Network website states Dounis is a University of NSW graduate with a bachelor degree in exercise physiology.

It also reads: “Chris is an accredited exercise physiologist with exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) and is currently undertaking a master's degree in exercise science and rehabilitation through Charles Sturt University."

"Chris has spent the last 12 months working in chronic disease prevention programs, personal training, strength and conditioning, and both acute (through Westmead Rehabilitation Hospital) and sub-acute rehabilitation programs."

NRL fans on social media were divided about the banner.

One wrote: "Souths fans are the most hard-core in the comp, closely followed by Dogs fans."

Another said: “Disgraceful act by Souths fans."

Yet another stated: "Sorry to disagree with PHaC (Holmes a Court) about the banner but I believe everyone is entitled to express their opinion."

The banner drew a fierce rebuke from Holmes a Court, who took to Twitter.

He wrote: "Love that the Rabbitohs broke a 105 year old attendance record, loved the blanketing of the stadium in red and green, love the passion of our incredible Members and Supporters.

"Didn’t love the final score, nor this banner. Rivalry, yes, hatred, sorry, never.

"Rooster fans may be misguided and delusional, yes. Scum, sorry, never.

"The world could do with less hate, and sport is best when it is used to build communities."

Now old mate's had his membership revoked.

What a joke. Lighten up you pack of merkins.

bor

Juniors
All you people condoning the banner - stay classy.

Saying that, a warning would have been enough. Typical overreaction to please the general public.