What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a 2012 5/8 thread

Parra Guru

Coach
1. Hopoate
6. Hayne
7. Sandow

1. Hayne
6. Widdop
7. Sandow

Either would suit me, but if we can't sign them, unfortunately first crack will go to Mortimer.

Noise

Coach
Now that we have signed Sandow, I would still give the first crack to Mortimer, I think alot of pressure will be off him and he will be able to shine.

The kid has talent but i think there is far too much pressure on him to peform.

If you can't handle pressure, get the f**k out of 1st grade

Freak2

Juniors
Would love Haynzy at 6 next year. It just makes the opposition jump that much more with a nippy Sandow on one side or a huge athlete with strength and skill on the other.

In saying this (and I have mentioned this before) he has to start playing at 6 now as to be prepared mentally in defence for that challenge in 2012.

Would love Haynzy at 6 next year. It just makes the opposition jump that much more with a nippy Sandow on one side or a huge athlete with strength and skill on the other.

In saying this (and I have mentioned this before) he has to start playing at 6 now as to be prepared mentally in defence for that challenge in 2012.

Agree

eel01s

Bench
1. Hayne
6. Anyone but Mortimer/Maguire (if we can't sign anyone)
7. Sandow
9. Maguire/Keating

attamarrap

Juniors
I'd be happy if we signed ben roberts he could come cheap as he is not getting any burn at the dogs he has size skill perfect foil for sandow imo

1. Hopoate
6. Hayne
7. Sandow

1. Hayne
6. Widdop
7. Sandow

Either would suit me, but if we can't sign them, unfortunately first crack will go to Mortimer.

I kind of agree with this.

I think the Widdop/Hopoate targeting is spot on but I'd also like to see us go after Champion. HaHa can fill the 6 if we dump Mortimer now and put him there for the rest of the season.

Then, any of Burt/Hopoate/Widdop can fill in at the back as the coach deems best.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They didn't chase him to play 2nd fiddle behind Mortimer.... who do you think will be calling the shots?? Moron!! :crazy:

Who you calling a moron?

I'm telling you right now, if we're not still playing with split halves next year I WILL PUT SOME PANTS ON.

That's how confident I am.

Kearney won't spend all year with playing this structure only to change it just because we've signed Sandow. We'll certainly spread the ball more often next year, and he'll probably pop up on the left sometimes inside the attacking 20 but mostly it'll be Mortimer (or somebody else) on the left and Sandow on the right.

I repeat, if I'm wrong I'll start wearing pants.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By himself in a Vietnamese jungle.

He's probably had a few close mates around for a friendly game of touch and a video session. Here's a list of guys who were there:

Burt
Uaisele
Reddy
Loko
Atkins
Mortimer
Robson
Mannah
McGuire
Moimoi
Hindmarsh
Lasalo
Smith

Rogers
Shackleton
Allgood
Horo

Maitua

(one to be omitted)

Parra Pride

Referee
lol @ scissorsex

273256.jpg

ParraFan09

Juniors
I'd be happy if we signed ben roberts he could come cheap as he is not getting any burn at the dogs he has size skill perfect foil for sandow imo
I agree with this.
Other options are Humble Would be very good outside of Sandow. Let Sandow be the main playmaker and Humble can just pop up where ever he wants and take the line on at will. With his speed and he's step would be very dangerous.
And i might get shot for this one. But i believe Jeff Robson has been much better then Morts this season. And i would be happy to give Robson a crack at the #6 he wouldnt have all the pressure on him because he would have a natural ball player on his inside(Sandow) and on his outside(Hayne). Robson looks at his most dangerous when he is taking the line on Especially in the opposition 20!

ParraFan09

Juniors
3 tries and no linebreak assists. Not a good playmaker. Not a good half.

Could be good to keep around in the top 25 though.
As i said he was my 3rd option. Keeping him around the top 25 is an option, yea. Especially if we lose Ant. Cause Robson can play hooker. behind McGuire/Keating.