What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a 2012 5/8 thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There's a lot of things you need more than speed at five-eighth. This isn't under 12s.

Mortimer's been nowhere near as bad as some of you are making out. Now the hard games are out of the way I expect the whole team to lift. By the end of the season Morts will be average, which is all we'll need from him next year.

caylo

Bench
There's a lot of things you need more than speed at five-eighth. This isn't under 12s.

Mortimer's been nowhere near as bad as some of you are making out. Now the hard games are out of the way I expect the whole team to lift. By the end of the season Morts will be average, which is all we'll need from him next year.

If Mortimer can get to avg then I would be so happy, I still think Humble is a better option. Stronger in defense, faster, better ball player and runs much better line although he still has work to do on his kicking game.

ATM Humble is MIA and who knows when he'll be back or if we will keep him post 2011 but I defiantly think he should be given a go before seasons end.

Noise

Coach

We play the cowboys and dragons again soon, and still have the broncos to play, melbourne again, the tigers twice, manly twice, the bulldogs again - in fact we still have to play the whole current top 8 teams.

I dont think the hard games are out of the way...

cumberlandcozza

Juniors

You say morts will be average by the end of the year..... if he is the 8th best in the NRL by years end I would be overly satisfied going into next year...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We play the cowboys and dragons again soon, and still have the broncos to play, melbourne again, the tigers twice, manly twice, the bulldogs again - in fact we still have to play the whole current top 8 teams.

I dont think the hard games are out of the way...

Broncos away is the only one of those that might see us held to zero. We'll be competitive in the rest.

You say morts will be average by the end of the year..... if he is the 8th best in the NRL by years end I would be overly satisfied going into next year...

I didn't say he'll be average out of all the starting halves; I said he'll be average. That includes all contracted halves in the NRL.

So far only 14 NRL halves have more linebreak assists than him. And none of those have played against both the Dragons and Storm yet. Mortimer's played against both of them away from home.

True EEL

Bench
As much as I have campaigned for Hayne to move to 5/8, and would still like to see it happen, I think the Sandow signing has really changed the dynamic for that, especially going forward in 2012 and beyond....Now that Sandow - a dynamic playmaker - will be on-board next year, I actually think Mortimer can develop into the perfect halves partner, as the steady, less dominant partner

This would in turn also give more reason to retain Jarryd at Fullback, so that you can have genuine strikepower in different positions. Will be interesting to see if Jarryd is moved during the rest of this year or not???

Latest posts