What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a 2012 5/8 thread

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
I for one am happy to see Mortimer in the number 6 next year, having Chrissy at number 7 and taking control will lessen the pressure off Mortimer and we might see some of that form from 09.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Is Anasta signed for 2012?

In all seriousness id be trying to get him , even it it was for a year or two

The Omen

Juniors
Personally I'm liking the way that Widdop and Zillman have transitioned to 6. I think it would work for Hayne as well, if he can leave his ego in the carpark.

couldn't agree more..

is there any chance that
Tom Humble
Brad Murray
are going to get any run in the top grade and anytime soon (meaning 2012 onwards)

if Hayne isn't shifted and and no one is signed then test the Mortimer / Sandow combo

Parraren

Bench
Guys there is no way in hell we will go into next year with 2 small halves.

Mortimer will make way.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That's a very big perhaps. I think we often get a bit too carried away with the faith we put in our lower graders.

haven't seen too many as talented as this kid though

appears to be something special

on the downside I wouldn't like to see him defending next to Sandow, put them both together and you still wouldn't make 1 full sized speed bump

yy_cheng

Coach
My structure would be:

1. Hayne
2. Burt
6. Mortz
7. Sandow

Within our own half, it is more or less Forward hitouts so Casey can control that.

Clearing kicks would involve Hayne and Sandow.

Inside the opposition half, Sandow to be the main ball player on both side of the field.

Mortz plays a supporting role ala Morris for Tim Smith.

Since Sandow can also run to the line, he has the option of using Hayne and sometimes Burt as the 2nd man play.

Mortz to follow Sandow around and/or support Hayne providing Hayne with a short option as well as a long pass optin.

Mortz to chase kicks everywhere.

He will be the Jack Russell of the team and hence, we will finally see the best of Mortz and use his best assets.

Gronk

Staff member
From a good source the info I have is Maloney from the Warriors

Your source is seemingly made it up.

11:49 24/04/2011

Warriors playmaker James Maloney might have gone from fringe first-grader to starting half in little more than a year and just been re-signed by the club but coach Ivan Cleary still believes his young rising star is very much a work in progress.
The nuggety 24-year-old linked up with the Warriors last year, having played just four matches for the Melbourne Storm.
He was something of an unknown quantity at the time but quickly established himself at first-grade level, eventually going on to play in 24 of the club's 25 matches last year.
Last week, the Warriors informed Maloney they were exercising an option in his contract.
It will see him remain in Auckland for at least another season and would suggest the New South Welshman has a big future at the club.
But even so, Cleary is adamant the talented youngster needs to knuckle down and deliver on his potential if he wants to hang on to his starting spot in the halves.
"James came here as an unheralded player who had only played four games in the NRL but had had an extensive career in the lower grades," Cleary told Sunday News.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4922301/Warriors-playmaker-must-deliver-on-potential

Latest posts