What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Granted...One thing that Jro does well, he does have a great right foot step, I dont recall Maloney having a step at all.

Running with ball in hand is pretty much the only thing he does well. It would work well only if Johnson was playing at his best or near it though.

Illiterate

Juniors
I reckon he would go good coming off the bench as a utility player. Our hooker and fullback are both injurie prone and he can cover both positions. Plus the halves and centre.

hitman82

Bench
Presuming we sign a couple of quality outside backs, I'd also like to see Ropati tried off the bench as a hooker / utility / injury cover.
His defensive combination with Manu and Johnson is too sketchy for him to play full time in the centres. If we must keep Manu as a winger, I want a ROCK SOLID defensive centre alongside him. IE Dane Nielsen.
But Ropati would be great injury cover for pretty much every position apart from the props, and he can offer a powerful running game from dummy half... hell, he may be the perfect balance to offset Friend's style, which is very much focused on distribution rather than running.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I hope he stays. He knows how a lot of our players tick. And although they should learn to grow up and be professionals, a lot of them are chummy with him and won't like if he leaves.