What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

DIMEAST

Juniors
Everyone on here talks about how liking your coach is wrong and we need someone the players don't like... well where did that get us last year? The players didn't like Bluey coz they didn't respect him. Do you think the Bulldogs players like Hasler? Storm like Bellamy? Or Bennett, even Maguire and Flannagan. All I've ever heard from their players is how great they are and have their full backing.

Players don't respect that matey matey shit, they respect a good hard coach. Imo there are better coaches out there but they're unavailable so Iro would've by far been the best pick of what's left. Yeah the last two games last year were shit but the rot had well and truly set in by then. There's only so much you can do as an assistant coach if the head coach is adamant he wants to go in a certain direction.

People say it's their jobs and use their own working situations as analogies "just do your job, you're paid to do it, if I had a problem with the boss I'd get fired" Well if the management kept f**king up and not giving a shit about the staff's input I'd be looking for a new job too. You gotta listen to your boss even if you don't agree with it but there are limits.

Matt Elliott is a proven failure and it is pretty concerning how his old players have come out and said how ridiculous an appointment this is eg. Frank Pritchard on twitter, especially when Matt Elliott said this morning how him and Frank are still great mates.

I'd love to be proven wrong but that's how I feel right now.

Last edited:

Juju

Juniors
In the presser Elliot also mentioned that the Warriors are by far the best resourced club he is coached and these resources will only get better

Meth

Staff member
Players don't respect that matey matey shit, they respect a good hard coach. Imo there are better coaches out there but they're unavailable so Iro would've by far been the best pick of what's left.

huh?

_addict

Juniors
Anyone else read much into the two year deal thing?

It still looks like the Bellamy offer is very much the ultimate prize, but that a one year deal could not find any takers

Drzoidberg

Juniors

It still looks like the Bellamy offer is very much the ultimate prize, but that a one year deal could not find any takers

Not so mate. Scurrah said something about Elliot offered to take less before they said two years, was on the radio sport interview.

Abdullah

Juniors

...maybe director of football role for el elliot if 2013 result not good, and bellyache says yes to warriors for 2014 and beyond

....OR....if Elliot makes good and Warriors do well...then vindication of managment decision to hire him in first place...then maybe an extension of his contract?

...OR...2013 is a disaster and bellyache says "no thanks" to messrs glen and watson...then back to square 1

_addict

Juniors
Not so mate. Scurrah said something about Elliot offered to take less before they said two years, was on the radio sport interview.

Shaggy%2B-%2BZoiks_Scooby%2BDoo%2Band%2BThe%2BGang.jpg

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Didn't hear the interview, but did Shifty Scurrah explain why the delay in naming the coach was so long if Elliott was always number 1 on the list ? Should have been an easy stitch up if that was the case, he has been available for weeks

Warmess

Juniors
Didn't hear the interview, but did Shifty Scurrah explain why the delay in naming the coach was so long if Elliott was always number 1 on the list ? Should have been an easy stitch up if that was the case, he has been available for weeks

His answer to that was to make sure they had everything covered. He said they went through and interviewed everyone, made a short list of those people, then went through and interviewed them again and then I believe they had one final interview with Elliot last last week.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Everyone on here talks about how liking your coach is wrong and we need someone the players don't like... well where did that get us last year? The players didn't like Bluey coz they didn't respect him. Do you think the Bulldogs players like Hasler? Storm like Bellamy? Or Bennett, even Maguire and Flannagan. All I've ever heard from their players is how great they are and have their full backing.

Players don't respect that matey matey shit, they respect a good hard coach. Imo there are better coaches out there but they're unavailable so Iro would've by far been the best pick of what's left. Yeah the last two games last year were shit but the rot had well and truly set in by then. There's only so much you can do as an assistant coach if the head coach is adamant he wants to go in a certain direction.

People say it's their jobs and use their own working situations as analogies "just do your job, you're paid to do it, if I had a problem with the boss I'd get fired" Well if the management kept f**king up and not giving a shit about the staff's input I'd be looking for a new job too. You gotta listen to your boss even if you don't agree with it but there are limits.

Matt Elliott is a proven failure and it is pretty concerning how his old players have come out and said how ridiculous an appointment this is eg. Frank Pritchard on twitter, especially when Matt Elliott said this morning how him and Frank are still great mates.

I'd love to be proven wrong but that's how I feel right now.

This..... agree fully

tbh if you not a player yourself....this is how they would feel

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Thought Elliott handled himself well considering some of the questions. Not sure what Telfer was trying to do in the end when he wished him luck meeting Elijah Taylor. WTF? Taylor said a couple of things, but nothing that would make a meeting between him and Elliott awkward, well, at least not before Telfer said that.

Warmess

Juniors
Telfer was coming across like a real c**k. I don't often listen to RS so I'm not sure how he usually is, but he didn't know shit about Elliot but was quick in saying we have the right man and being very dismissive of callers comments. I must say though, some of those callers sounded like complete mouthbreathers and if I had to spend my day communicating with them I'd be pretty dismissive too.