1. Origin I Edition OUT NOW:

The latest issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for next week's State of Origin opener and upcoming Super League matches!

As the interstate rivalry amps up in the NRL post-season for the first time, Paul Jobber talks to Boyd Cordner as the Blues skipper aims for a NSW three-peat, while Rick Edgerton looks at how Origin will unfold in a post-COVID world. League-mad fans Mark Thierry and Emile El-Azar share their lives in locked-down Victoria during the COVID-disrupted year and Andrew Ferguson looks at how the Storm and Roosters of the current era compare with the great dynasties of years gone by.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the Origin match programme along with teamlists and details for the week's Super League matches - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine! Happy reading!

EDITION 23 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

The Shawn Blore Fan Club

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Panther_Daz, Sep 6, 2018.

1. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

In the meantime. He trains and plays against fully grown men.. Good decision all round

Fangs likes this.
  2. Matthew Ellis

Matthew Ellis Juniors

Good call. Apparently he did a good kick and chase for a try off the back of a scrum in their first trial.

Kev07 likes this.
  3. ashton

ashton Juniors

Watched the Jersey Flagg game live today.
    I think Shawn Blore, Lindsay Smith, Spencer Leniu and Steven Crichton will all play NRL in the future. Leniu was my man ot the match played a full game in the front row, he bends the line back every time he runs. Smith is a quality player however he came off just before halftime with a knee injury and never returned. Crichton is outstanding goal kicking centre and Blore was a hand full in attack and defence.

4. Matthew Ellis

Matthew Ellis Juniors

Lindsay Smith for most of the SG ball season too. Some players are injury prone when they're young before they've grown into their body. Fish was like that so I hope that's his problem. And everyone's talking about Blore but Leniu's got just as big a future imo. Big and very aggressive.

5. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

has signed with wests tigers effective immediately

let me guess, now he isn’t actually that good?

6. Panther Mick

Panther Mick Juniors

Always shown potential in the lower grades. Injuries have held him back.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  7. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Outstanding prospect. He believes his dream of playing NRL maybe realised sooner with the Tigers. Good luck to him and I think he’ll do well for you guys.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  8. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Referee

Big mistake letting him go, genuinely pissed off about it. Especially to do it before he’s even had a chance in FG.

Our club is run by turkeys.

9. Hooked

Hooked Juniors

They released the wrong Blore.

10. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

The kid has been presented with a better opportunity to play NRL sooner that he was going to do with us. He is 6th/ 7th / 8th in line with our back row stocks it would wrong for the club to stand in his way and deprive him of the opportunity. He still has to prove himself, there are no guarantee’s and he is returning from ACL reconstruction so time will tell how big a mistake letting him go may prove to be.

CCJohnC likes this.
  11. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Referee

He’s been a star at every level, this is the type of player you fast track to keep them around. Play him off the bench, make him feel welcome.

To let him go without seeing what he can do at the highest level is irresponsible.

12. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

Unbelievable. Can't believe of all our players to be released early its this guy. He would have been on a minimal contract. So even if he didnt kick on nothing is lost by backing our highest rated player to kick on.

13. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Always sad to see talented kids play elsewhere BUT cap would of been the deciding factor

Have close to the best backrow in the comp. Need outside backs so can’t spent too much on backup

CCJohnC likes this.
  14. Zampaa

Zampaa Juniors

Sad to see him go, but it's better then seeing him rot away in reserve grade until he's 23 before leaving. While injured, he fell well behind burns and Martin, and with rep players kikau and fish, and solid first graders like Capewell and Yeo, there wasn't a realistic chance to crack here.

15. John Hamblin

John Hamblin Juniors

I have seen him play several times in reserve grade at 18 u20s origin Australian under 20s. Local juniors dont come any better . I was really looking forward to watching him develop. I know we have a lot of backrowers but Shawn has a very high ceiling. Very sad to see him go but wish him well

CCJohnC and Kilkenny like this.
  16. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Poor timed injury really.
    Would of debuted last year if not for the injury.
    No NSW Cup this year.
    Smaller squads this year
    Likely Salary Cap reduced next year means less for depth/potential players

CCJohnC and Kilkenny like this.
  17. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Not quite. He won't be any good once he gets close to rep selection and signs elsewhere ala Matterson.

Tigers are a nice stepping stone to bigger contracts.

The yak likes this.
  18. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

What will hurt is no lower grades he has the potential but no way to keep developing this year

19. The yak

The yak Juniors

Nice slipping in of the boot there.

20. The yak

The yak Juniors

All this fuss for a player that hasn't even played FG yet.
    I remember a similar outburst many years ago when we lost the best back in the SG Ball. Matthew Wright.
    That never came back to haunt us.
    Lets see how this one plays out.