What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shit list and more.

Avenger

Immortal
I've been consistent for a ridiculously long time.

He is an average coach. By all means get rid of him as he is stale but be realistic about the calibre of replacement that we can attract and their effectiveness. Until we sort some of the other shit out it won't be a silver bullet.

For some weird reason you've interpreted that as fence sitting when it is a very clear position.

What's not clear about it, flippy?
For some weird reason you’ve accused me of worse because I happened to go soft on the knob after the first two wins.

But I totally agree with you, they went with him because there was nothing better.

I do however remember you laughing at me when I suggested sacking him last year and replacing him with Wayne Bennett. You remember that ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
For some weird reason you’ve accused me of worse because I happened to go soft on the knob after the first two wins.
Such as?

But I totally agree with you, they went with him because there was nothing better.
Yep.
I do however remember you laughing at me when I suggested sacking him last year and replacing him with Wayne Bennett. You remember that ?
Yeah, nah.

I was the one suggesting we sign Bennett.

emjaycee

Coach
Which again we jumped the gun about because we panicked and thought Darius Gutherson may leave to Manly.

Never in the history of sport has a coach been re-signed after a record drubbing. And how did we respond? Like we always do with a mega soft underbelly.
Hell of a lot of conjecture in your post mate.

emjaycee

Coach
Because they have the best opportunity to do it. The press conference is a waste of 10 minutes otherwise so why not?
If a guy is a bog average coach just at least have some salesmanship skills, like in boxing. Those boxers and trainers know how to promote. Club plays Panthers the next week talk up that rivalry how we are going to beat them up.
The SoO coaches get it.
The only reason a coach does the post-match press conference is because the NRL require it as part of their agreement with Foxtel.

T-Boon

Coach
The only reason a coach does the post-match press conference is because the NRL require it as part of their agreement with Foxtel.

I know. Clubs/coaches don’t get it at all.
Remember that the clubs would not be doing membership except that the NRL started making them. These guys are so dumb it’s like the homer “hello mr Thompson” gag.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Think there is lot more angst compared to last year, as the season has massive highs and lows. It's been elated thendeflated , and the roller coaster has been really difficult as last year we were just deflated.

The signings gave us focus and hope, first 5 games followed by BankWest provided a vision of success, the last 2 weeks have been relatively hard to take. However, it's game on again and we live in hope, a defeat this week would see more pressure on BA and the asst coaches .
The big question is why merkins are surprised we would lose two straight games in f**ken Queensland, against sides spending f**kloads more than the cap. Every merkin would've tipped us to lose both at the start of the season. Winning a few games shouldn't change that.

Avenger

Immortal
The big question is why merkins are surprised we would lose two straight games in f**ken Queensland, against sides spending f**kloads more than the cap. Every merkin would've tipped us to lose both at the start of the season. Winning a few games shouldn't change that.
You have become the eternal apologist of our losing culture.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You have become the eternal apologist of our losing culture.
I just provide the other side of the argument. When we win consecutive games and merkins are squawking about premierships I'm the first one to shit in your corn flakes.

The point is there's always positives and negatives. Always.

eels_fan

First Grade
If you’d told me in February that after round 10 we would be sitting 8th, 5 and 5 and had our only games for the year against Storm & Roosters already out of the way, plus had won 2 away games and were undefeated at Bankwest - i’d have been very happy.

And any of you merkins saying differently are just lying merkins.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If you’d told me in February that after round 10 we would be sitting 8th, 5 and 5 and had our only games for the year against Storm & Roosters already out of the way, plus had won 2 away games and were undefeated at Bankwest - i’d have been very happy.

And any of you merkins saying differently are just lying merkins.
Well said merkin.

Latest posts