What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shit list and more.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I read that Tommy was always going to europe to play. His young family have been looking forward to it and planning the move for ages.
Ah, fair enough then.

But for 2023 and onwards we badly need to develop centres (and wingers) with solid defensive capability - or spend some coin buying some in. It's been a glaring weakness all season, and our potential Nuikore backline bench/cover option is now gone as well.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Ready for first grade? I'm all for giving a rookie a go next season, rather than sticking with the combinations we had in those positions.

the phantom menace

First Grade
For 2023 I'd like to experiment (maybe in the trials) with Gutherson in centres, Dylan at fullback (takes him out of being targeted in the defensive line), and Jake in the halves with Moses...

Gronk

Staff member
For 2023 I'd like to experiment (maybe in the trials) with Gutherson in centres, Dylan at fullback (takes him out of being targeted in the defensive line), and Jake in the halves with Moses...
Jake needs to put on 10kg or find some fast feet.

Gutho is a top shelf fullback. He may not be in the premium locked cabinet, but he’s not costing Teddy, Turbo, Latrell, Papenhuzen coin.

I was watching the Craven Mild game the other day and Brett Kenny just shon and reminded me so much of Dylan. Dylan just needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Chipmunk

Coach
Jake needs to put on 10kg or find some fast feet.

Gutho is a top shelf fullback. He may not be in the premium locked cabinet, but he’s not costing Teddy, Turbo, Latrell, Papenhuzen coin.

I was watching the Craven Mild game the other day and Brett Kenny just shon and reminded me so much of Dylan. Dylan just needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

You reckon Papenhuzen is on more than Gutho?

hindy111

Post Whore

Gutherson lacks the footwork or power at centre. I mean he would be fine if costing 350-400k but that would be about his value there

JokerEel

Coach
No, he’s going to need some time in reggies, but he’s the GK centre we took from Roosters.

We also have Charlie Guymer and Mattew Komolafe.
You know what I would like to see players in the lower grades playing in 1 position not chopping and changing.
Fenning was moved around alot in Flegg last year.

IFR33K

Coach
Gutherson lacks the footwork or power at centre. I mean he would be fine if costing 350-400k but that would be about his value there

yep. strength is his fitness and work ethic. Fb I’d say is his best position where he can keep involving himself. It’s a shame he didn’t have just that extra bit of explosive speed.

Gronk

Staff member
You know what I would like to see players in the lower grades playing in 1 position not chopping and changing.
Fenning was moved around alot in Flegg last year.
True. Flegg seems to have been hit with the injury stick a lot. Almost every player has spent some time on the sidelines. Is that normal for 18/19/20 year olds ?

JokerEel

Coach
True. Flegg seems to have been hit with the injury stick a lot. Almost every player has spent some time on the sidelines. Is that normal for 18/19/20 year olds ?
Not sure we did similar in cup with moving players around

Avenger

Immortal
Enter:

Waqa Blake

Every time the ball goes anywhere near you my heart is in my mouth, especially when it's in the air.

Absolutely the weakest link in our side and every opposition side will now exploit you.
Just wanted to nominate him again. It’s been less than 24 hours but I just saw that dumb look on his face after he dropped the ball during the afternoon news and I’m angry again.

Noise

Coach
Just wanted to nominate him again. It’s been less than 24 hours but I just saw that dumb look on his face after he dropped the ball during the afternoon news and I’m angry again.
I hate that dumb look he gives when ever he makes a mistake. Don’t worry about putting Luai or JFH comments up in our dressing room in pre season, I’d plaster pictures of his stupid look all over the dressing rooms hopefully encouraging him to f**k off from our club. We do not need dumb merkins without footy smarts or football skill.

Last edited: