What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sign William Hopoate Thread

TheRam

Coach
Agreed, but Hoppa snr still very close to the Manly club. Jnr seems very well grounded, still lives at home with his parents. A superstar in the making for sure, Manly will match any offer from what I'm hearing and jnr will probaly stay there for a little less anyway.

Doesn't matter, throw $350 000+ at him. We gain a champion or we push Moanly to the very limit. And don't forget we can front load a big chunk of his contract too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I had a little bit to do with this kid on a personal basis a few years back and found him to be one of the nicest kids you'll ever want to meet, grounded doesn't do him justice..infact despite his old man being a bit of a goose at times the whole family are fantastic.

barney gumble

Juniors
..infact despite his old man being a bit of a goose at times the whole family are fantastic.

Hoppa snr attended a fundraiser I was involved with a little while back to raise money for the family of a little girl with cancer.

He brought a signed Manly jumper to be auctioned and posed for photos. Champion bloke far different from the media portrayal (and at times his own public actions)

MrT

Juniors
Agreed, but Hoppa snr still very close to the Manly club. Jnr seems very well grounded, still lives at home with his parents. A superstar in the making for sure, Manly will match any offer from what I'm hearing and jnr will probaly stay there for a little less anyway.

Money talks, how many brothers and sisters does William have, believe me money will be a big factor for this kid. Seeing we need half, and William wants to play fullback

I have upped my offer $300k 5 year deal = $1.5m

1.Hopate
6. Hayne

If we can't buy a decent half then lets put our best half in the halves and at the same time have a very eciting fullback.

The Colonel

Immortal
I had a little bit to do with this kid on a personal basis a few years back and found him to be one of the nicest kids you'll ever want to meet, grounded doesn't do him justice..infact despite his old man being a bit of a goose at times the whole family are fantastic.

Very level headed kid. His grandmother is a riot.... Number 4, what your name!

andrew057

First Grade
Thread deserving of a bump after another stellar performance tonight. Parra have as much if not more cap space than any other team. This kid has to be a priority.

Scorer

Juniors
It's simple the kid has "class" written all over him. Parra should chase hard for his signature or at least push Manly to eat up more of their salary cap than what they were initially prepared to do.

Let's also get one back on the Jamie Lyon saga.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah good point, at least bump his price up for Manly. Heard on the radio and tv manly are very confident of him re-signing.

I think Oldfield is off contract as well. He be a nice signing as well.

MSIH

Bench
Yeah good point, at least bump his price up for Manly. Heard on the radio and tv manly are very confident of him re-signing.

I think Oldfield is off contract as well. He be a nice signing as well.

Nah Oldfield's not.

You can have T Rex back and Wolfman back, we'll keep Hoppa thanks.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Now that we've signed Sandow for around $260k per year, we have a fair bit of dosh still available to throw at Hoppa.
A 5 year contract $1.5 to $1.8 should clinch it.
Wonder what the Eels will do about Hoppa?
He looks to be as good if not better than Hayne was at 18.

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
yeah manly would be in his ear big time about long term..... ie chances of winning comps and rep honours being easier with them.... sadly their probably right... suppose my barometer of how much to spend is how much did we pay for J.Poore as a prop, then consider this kids potential as centre, wing, fullback, five 8 in a few years.... ie) chuck heaps at him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The kid is a future star, i'm sure Manly will throw the kitchen at the kid to keep him. Him to one and Hayne to 6 would have awesome.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't understand this "bump up his price at Manly argument".

For example, if we offer him $300,00 per season and Manly offer him $250,000 per season, he might still stay at Manly because he's happy there.

Point is, we can offer him a million dollars a year - it doesn't necessarily mean it will "bump up his price" if he likes it at Manly and chooses to stay for less.

That being said, we will NEVER sign this kid. No hope.

MrT

Juniors
I don't understand this "bump up his price at Manly argument".

For example, if we offer him $300,00 per season and Manly offer him $250,000 per season, he might still stay at Manly because he's happy there.

Point is, we can offer him a million dollars a year - it doesn't necessarily mean it will "bump up his price" if he likes it at Manly and chooses to stay for less.

That being said, we will NEVER sign this kid. No hope.

mate, you think he'd stay at Manly if we offered him $1m a year?????????

Eelementary

Post Whore
mate, you think he'd stay at Manly if we offered him $1m a year?????????

Probably not.

But you understand what I mean, right? If he's happy at Manly, he just might take less to sty there.

And I have never seen Manly lose a talented youngster they wanted to keep...

Latest posts