What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Slipper.

blaza88z

Coach
Reith said when he first got off Earthquake right at the beginning of her racing career that she was better than Guelph

magpie4ever

First Grade
With a bog track likely, it is hard to take 6/4 or 7/4 odds in the Slipper. If she gets out to $4 or $5, I will back her.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I dont usually take short odds but I actually think Earthquake is getting to great odds now (2.8) also having a slap ew on Memorial think she is the big improver.

Don't think it's a vintage year and Earthquake is the standout

intentcity

First Grade
I've decided on "believe yourself", she'll get back but she's on the up, might link her each way into IADD.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Valentia is an interesting runner. On Tuesday Tattsbet fixed odd $31.00/$7.75.

Now $15.00/$4.20.

Is it the Waterhouse factor or Berry sympathy money? Shades of Damien Oliver on Media Puzzle?

intentcity

First Grade
Believe yourself ran well, no excuses for Earthquake, she got a better run than I thought she would.

intentcity

First Grade
I thought Silent achiever was the run of the day out of the major races, she might be our next champ, I said earlier Earthquake had no excuses, but she did all the work outside the leader and spent lengths not staying closer to the rail, she was easily the run of the race in the slipper, she might be something special.

I thought solicits run was a cracker as well, on an even track she walks the Oaks in IMO, who knows, they might even have a crack Derby, I'd run her in the QE if I owned her.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
There's no way known to man Tommy Berry should of been riding today, they did a little tribute for him on the track and I watched him stand there crying like a baby (I would be crying like that too if I lost someone so close, don't get me wrong)

I feel bad for him because he's obligated to ride and who wouldn't want to ride in the Golden Slipper if you're a jockey but his mind wasn't anywhere near riding horses today